From NBC.com
“FOR LOVE OR MONEY” GROWS BY 8 PERCENT VS. LAST WEEK AND BUILDS BY 20 PERCENT FROM ITS FIRST HALF-HOUR TO ITS SECOND

“FEAR FACTOR,” “FOR LOVE OR MONEY” AND “MEET MY FOLKS” TAKE FIVE OF SIX HALF-HOURS IN PRELIM 18-49 RESULTS

BURBANK, Calif. -- June 24, 2003 -- NBC has won the Monday adult 18-49 ratings race by a convincing 16 percent margin, as “Fear Factor,” “For Love Or Money” and “Meet My Folks” claimed five of the night’s six half-hours.

According to preliminary “fast affiliate” in-home viewing figures from Nielsen Media Research, last night’s 8 p.m. ET encore telecast of “Fear Factor” (3.1 rating, 11 share among adults 18-49, 7.5 million viewers overall) won the hour solidly, beating Fox’s first-run “Anything For Love” by a 15 percent margin and topping CBS’ repeat comedies by 41 percent. From its first half-hour to its second, “Fear Factor” built its 18-49 rating by 18 percent while “For Love Or Money” grew by just 8 percent.

At 9 p.m. ET, “For Love Or Money” (3.9/11 in 18-49, 8.3 million viewers overall) kept NBC #1, beating CBS’ comedies by a 15 percent margin and topping Fox’s “Paradise Hotel” by 26 percent. From its first half-hour to its second, “For Love Or Money” increased its 18-49 rating by 20 percent while “Paradise Hotel” improved by just 10 percent. Versus its week-ago rating, “For Love Or Money” grew by 8 percent.

From 10-11 p.m. ET, “Meet My Folks” (4.0/11 in 18-49, 8.3 million viewers overall) tied for #1 in 18-49 and led the hour outright among adults, men and women 18-34 and women 18-49, pending Nielsen updates of these provisional figures. As the numbers stand, “Folks” is up a hefty 25 percent over NBC’s 18-49 slot result on the same night last year.

Pending updates, “Meet My Folks” and “For Love Or Money” generated the two highest 18-49 ratings for any reality program on any network since the June 10 premiere of NBC’s “Last Comic Standing.”

Preliminary June 23 nightlong 18-49 averages are: NBC, 3.7/11; CBS, 3.2/10; Fox, 2.9/9; ABC, 1.8/5. Last night’s preliminary total viewer averages are: CBS, 9.7 million; NBC, 8.0 million; Fox, 5.9 million; ABC, 5.3 million.

In local-market late-night results, “The Tonight Show With Jay Leno” (4.7 rating, 11 share in metered-market households) defeated CBS’ “Late Show With David Letterman” (4.4/11 in metered-market households) and ABC’s “Nightline” (2.9/7 in metered-market households) and “Jimmy Kimmel Live” (1.2/4 in metered-market households). “Tonight” has out-rated “Late Show” on 187 of 190 nights in the local markets so far this broadcast year.

At 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, “Late Night With Conan O’Brien,” (2.0/7 in metered-market households with an encore telecast) outscored its first-run competition, CBS’ “Late Late Show With Craig Kilborn” (1.6/6 in metered-market households) and the second half of “Jimmy Kimmel Live.”