+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ex-Real World Member Mulls House Bid

Ex-Real World Member Mulls House Bid

Ex-'Real World' Member Mulls House Bid
    Sun Jun 22, 2:47 PM ET

WAUSAU, Wis. - A prosecutor who gained attention as a cast member on MTV's "The Real World (news - Y! TV)" is eyeing a new kind of real world challenge national politics.

Ashland County District Attorney Sean Duffy, 31, said he will decide by mid-August whether to seek the Republican nomination to challenge U.S. Rep. Dave Obey, a Democrat, in 2004.

"I am considering it," he said.

Duffy was a cast member on MTV's "The Real World Boston" in 1997 when the pop culture phenomenon of reality television was just getting started. His wife, Rachel Campos, 31, was a cast member in "The Real World San Francisco." They have two children.

He said his television experience didn't factor in to his considering a run for Congress.

"It is part of my past. I have moved beyond that," Duffy said.

Duffy has won one election for district attorney in Ashland County last November.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Fogey
    He seemed like one of the nicer, down to Earth cast members, and I doubt he would use his reality show experience to give him a leg up. Unlike most stories of past reality show contestants moving on to "bigger and better" things, I wish Sean the best.

+ Reply to Thread