+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reality Shows Find Contestants Online

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

Reality Shows Find Contestants Online

From PRNewswire
    Several agencies and casting directors are finding the right talent in seconds instead of weeks, regardless of their physical location or type, through online talent bookings. Reality shows like "Blind Date," "Meet My Folks" and "Change of Heart" have featured talent digitally plucked off Wilhelmina Scouting Network (WSN). WSN markets models and actors directly to the industry via its revolutionary website, www.wscouts.com, and processed more than one million talent opportunities in May 2003.

Marie Malyszek, a casting director for NBC, said, "I get an amazing amount of responses from the website. The talent who respond are very professional and courteous, and the website is very easy to look at." The digital approach has benefited both casting directors for these shows and aspiring talent from around the country to get their start in television.

Just two weeks after enrolling, Mandy Wilson received a casting notice for the FOX reality television show "Joe Millionaire." She responded immediately by sending in her pictures and was selected as one of the twenty contestants vying for Evan Marriott's affections.

"I was very hesitant about joining WSN because I didn't think there would be many big opportunities for me in Nashville," said Wilson. "This is larger than anything I've ever gotten to do. I've definitely gotten back the money that I put into it," Wilson said of the marketing fee she paid to post her talent profile and photos.

WSN's Eric Ouellette was pitted as a reality show hero on CBS's "Big Brother 3" and Eric Yanega competed as a bachelor on an episode of NBC's reality dating show "Meet My Folks." Yanega said, "WSN has the right connections to get anyone started, and is growing very quickly."

Kallie Williams and Christina Cano were cast in ABC Family's "The Last Resort." Williams has been on the site for the past two years. "I get e-mails every week," said Williams of the opportunities she received from WSN. "The Last Resort" was the first job for Cano. "It was the best, most beautiful experience of my life," she said.

Trans Continental Entertainment Group (OTC Bulletin Board: TCTE) and Wilhelmina Scouting, LLC, the development and scouting affiliate of Wilhelmina Models, formed Wilhelmina Scouting Network in March 2003. WSN is the world's largest database for up-and coming talent. With its pioneering web-based approach, WSN provides aspiring models and actors the opportunity to be seen by casting directors and modeling agencies, all without ever having to leave their hometown. WSN is the website dedicated to providing models and actors from across the nation with the chance to be discovered.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Fogey
    "I get an amazing amount of responses from the website. The talent who respond are very professional and courteous, and the website is very easy to look at."

By "easy to look at," do they mean "lots of sexy underclothed women?

+ Reply to Thread