The Search Is On For the Next Bachelorette — Will It Be You?
Looking For Love?
The Search Is On For the Next Bachelorette — Will It Be You?
June 5— The original Bachelorette, Trista Rehn, joined Good Morning America Friday to help announce the launch of the search for the next lucky single girl.
Trista Rehn found her true love in Ryan Sutter on The Bachelorette and now the two are engaged to be married.
If you'd like to follow Trista's lead — or if you know someone else who'd like to — now is the time to apply.
All summer long Good Morning America will be assisting in the nation wide hunt for the perfect Bachelorette. If you'd like to get in on the action, you can apply today via The Bachelorette Web site:
The Bachelorette Official Web site.
Simply print out the application and send it along with two recent candid snapshots (not modeling photos) of the potential candidate with her name written on the back of the photo. If the photo has other people in it please indicate who the candidate is (note: original photos will not be returned). Also include a 3 minute videotape (no Cd's) explaining why you want to be the Bachelorette. The tape will not be returned. Please include some basic information about yourself (name, age, occupation, a brief relationship history, where you are from and why you want to be the Bachelorette). Please include a full length body shot on the video and check the sound and lighting to make sure the video is ok.
Go to The Bachelor Web site for complete rules, instructions and applications for the next Bachelorette:
Click here for the official Bachelorette Web site.
You can also call (866) 739-3150 for more information on The Bachelorette search Your printed out forms, pictures and videotapes (which will not be returned should be sent together to the following address:
Send your videotapes to: "I Wanna Be the Next Bachelorette!"
14622 Ventura Blvd. #1019
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
The Bachelorette: Eligibility Requirements
All applicants must sign statements acknowledging that they have read, understand and will comply with all of the following eligibility requirements ("Eligibility") of "The Bachelorette" (the "Program") in order to proceed with the application process:
1. Employees, officers, directors and agents of And Syndicated Productions, Inc., Next Entertainment, American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., and all other subsidiaries and divisions of The Walt Disney Company, Telepictures Productions, and all other subsidiaries and divisions of Time Warner Entertainment Company, L.P., AOL Time Warner, all Program advertising, promotional and judging agencies, Program broadcasters and distributors and all other companies associated with the production, administration and/or exhibition of the Program and/or any of their respective licensees, assigns, parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, divisions, and joint ventures as well as (a) the immediate family (spouse, ex-spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live), and (b) members of the same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, directors and agents; are not eligible to be "The Bachelorette" or any of the "Bachelors" on "The Bachelorette" or to participate in this application process. In addition, any applicant closely acquainted with any person connected with the production or administration or exhibition of the Program is not eligible if, in Producer's sole discretion, the person's participation could create the appearance of impropriety.
2. Applicants may not presently be a candidate for any type of political office ("Candidate") and may not become a Candidate from the time the application is submitted until one (1) year after first broadcast of the last episode of the Program in which they appear.
3. All applicants must be United States citizens and be living in the United States.
4. All applicants must have an unrestricted United States passport valid through the end of the year 2003.
5. All applicants must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of application.
6. All applicants must be single. To qualify as "single" the applicant must not currently be involved in a committed intimate relationship, which includes: any marital relationship (whether or not the parties are separated or currently in the process of divorcing or annulling such marriage); any co-habitation relationship involving physical intimacy; or a monogamous dating relationship more than two (2) months in duration.
7. Individuals with children are not eligible.
8. Applicants must never have been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor, other than a minor traffic violation. Applicants must not have ever had a restraining order entered against them.
9. All applicants understand and acknowledge that participation in the Program, including, without limitation, the activities and events arranged by the Program coordinator, may expose applicant and other participants to the risk of death, serious injury, illness or disease and/or property damage. Applicants must be willing and able to participate in physical activities such as: skydiving, snow skiing, ice skating, para-sailing, water skiing, rollerblading, and the like. Applicants must sign a release attesting to the fact that the applicant understands and knowingly and willingly agrees to assume such risks.
Applicants understand that by submitting this participant application (the "Participant Application"), applicants acknowledge that they accept and assume all risks known or unknown of any nature (including, without limitation, the foregoing) which may arise in any way from or relate to applicant's participation in the selection process for and/or participation in the Program.
10. Each applicant acknowledges, understands and agrees that applicants' submission of the Participant Application entries may cause Producer to disclose information to third persons connected with the Program and to compile information from third parties in connection with such application and the application process about applicant's private, personal and public life, personal relationships with third persons, confidences and secrets with family, friends, significant others, including without limitation: physical appearance; personal characteristics/habits (both physical and mental); medical treatment/history (both physical and mental); sexual history; educational and employment history; military history; criminal investigations, charges and records; personal views and opinions about life, the world, politics, religion, and the like (collectively, "Personal Information"). Applicant acknowledges and agrees that such Personal Information may be revealed by Producer to third parties in the course of the application process and/or the Program and that Applicant releases, discharges, and holds harmless Companies (as defined below) from any and all claims and damages arising from such complication or disclosure of Personal Information.
11. All applicants acknowledge and agree that The Bachelorette and/or Bachelors may be audio and/or video taped twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week while participating in the Program by means of open and hidden cameras, whether or not The Bachelorette and/or The Bachelors are then aware that he/she is being videotaped or recorded (collectively, "Recordings") and that such Recordings may be disseminated on television and/or all media now known or hereafter devised, in any and all manner throughout the universe in perpetuity.
12. Applicants acknowledge, understand, and agree that Companies (as defined below) use or revelation of Personal Information and Recordings as defined in these Eligibility Requirements may be embarrassing, unfavorable, humiliating, derogatory and/or portray The Bachelorette and/or The Bachelors in a false light. Each applicant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless the Companies from any and all claims (including, without limitation, claims for slander, libel, defamation, violation of rights of privacy, publicity, personality, and/or civil rights, depiction in a false light, intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress, copyright infringement, and/or any other tort and damages arising from or in any way relating to the submission of a Participant Application, participation in the selection process, the use of the Personal Information or Recordings and/or the use of the applicant's name, voice, and/or likeness in connection with the Program, or the promotion thereof in all media now known or hereafter devised. Applicants are required to sign Releases to this effect. "Companies" as used herein shall collectively mean And Syndicated Productions, Inc., Next Entertainment, American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., all other subsidiaries and divisions of The Walt Disney Company, Telepictures Productions, all other subsidiaries and divisions of Time Warner Entertainment Company, L.P., AOL Time Warner, all advertising, promotional and judging agencies, Program broadcaster and distributors and all other companies associated with the production, administration and/or exhibition of the Program and/or any of their respective licensees, assigns, parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, divisions and joint venture partners, and each of their respective employees, officers, directors and agents.
13. Each applicant acknowledges and agrees that he is not an employee of the Companies and will not make any claims against Companies, including, without limitation, claims for compensation, derived from any allegation of status as an employee.
14. Any applicant who has appeared on any primetime television reality/game show such as "Survivor," "Big Brother," "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire," "Weakest Link," "Greed," "Amazing Race," "Fear Factor," "21," "The Mole," "Winning Lines," "Temptation Island," etc. or is involved in the current production of any such television show is not eligible. If any applicant is currently being considered as a contestant and/or participant in a primetime television reality/game show, he/she shall withdraw his/her application from such competing show upon Producer's request.
15 . All applicants must authorize Producer to conduct a background check, which may include, without limitation, a credit check, a criminal arrest and/or conviction check, a civil litigation check, a family court litigation check, interviews with employers, neighbors, teachers, etc. All applicants will sign the attached Authorization to Release Personal and Confidential Records and Information.
16. All applicants who are selected as Semi-Finalists to be on The Bachelorette must be available to travel to Los Angeles for further interviews. (location and date to be determined and are subject to change in Producer's sole discretion).
17. All applicants who are selected as Semi-Finalists must complete and timely return the "Semi-Finalist Package," which will include, among other documents: a Medical History Form and Authorization (to be filled out in conjunction with the Semi-Finalist's physician at Semi-Finalist's own costs); General Release and Indemnity Agreement; Confidentiality Agreement; and Background Check Authorization Form (all forms will be furnished to the Semi-Finalists). In the Authorization, General Release and Indemnity Agreement, the Semi-Finalist agrees to assume the risk of any and all injury, illness, damage, loss, or harm to Semi-Finalist's person or property of any kind, howsoever caused, arising from or relating to the submission of a Participant Application, the selection of Semi-Finalist, The Bachelorette and Bachelors' participation in the Program, and/or the production and/or exploitation of the Program.
18. All applicants who are selected as Semi-Finalists and traveled to Los Angeles will be required to undergo physical and psychological examinations and testing (to be conducted in Los Angeles by trained personnel selected by the Producer) and meet all physical and psychological requirements, as set by Producer in its sole discretion.
19. Semi-Finalists shall treat all information and material received or acquired about Producer, Companies, the selection process, the Program, as strictly confidential and shall not disclose or otherwise disseminate any such information to any third party. Semi-Finalists must sign a Confidentiality Agreement in the form presented by Producer.
20. Upon Producer's request, all Semi-Finalists, Finalists, The Bachelor and/or Bachelorettes must agree to sign any additional releases or authorizations that Producer, in its sole discretion, deems necessary.
21. The Bachelorette must be available to travel and participate in "The Bachelorette" for selected days over a six (6) month period beginning Apr 1, 2003 and lasting until approximately Oct 1, 2003. The Bachelors must be available to travel and participate in "The Bachelorette" for selected days over a one (1) month period. (dates and/or location subject to change in Producer's sole discretion).
22. The Bachelorette and Bachelors must agree to live, participate and cooperate with the other individuals and the Producer during the taping of the Program. The Bachelorette and Bachelors must be able to travel for long periods of time, must be adaptable to various living situations, and must enjoy participating and living in close proximity with others of varied background and experience.
23. The Bachelorette and The Bachelors must report and be available to participate in the Program at all times and places as Producer shall designate.