+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Open casting begins for fall season's "Extreme Makeover" on ABC!

Open casting begins for fall season's "Extreme Makeover" on ABC!

CASTING HAS BEGUN FOR FUTURE INSTALLMENTS OF "EXTREME MAKEOVER"

Following the tremendous success of the ABC reality series "Extreme Makeover" during May sweeps, casting has begun for future installments which will premiere in the Fall on Thursday nights (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Extreme Makeover" generated ABC's strongest audience retention in the time period this season, retaining 93% of its Total Viewer (10.8 million vs. 11.6 million) and 89% of its Adult 18-49 lead-in (4.9/13 vs. 5.5/13) from "The Bachelor." During the 2003 May Sweep, "Extreme Makeover" ranked as ABC's second-highest-rated series in the key Adult 18-49 demographic, behind only "The Bachelor."

Candidates can visit abc.com, keyword: makeover, for information on how to apply and for eligibility requirements. Participants must be adult U.S. citizens in good physical health. Completed participant applications, along with a three-minute tape stating why you want to be considered as a candidate for "Extreme Makeover," can be sent to the address that follows. The deadline for receiving tapes is July 15, 2003.

Extreme Makeover, P.O. Box 78, 10061 Riverside Dr., Toluca Lake, CA 91602

An open call was held on Tuesday, June 10, in Oceanside, CA, and another on Saturday, June 14, in Houston, TX. In addition, open casting calls are being held in the following cities:

Tuesday, June 17
    Seattle, WA
    Holiday Inn Select Seattle-Renton
    1 South Grady Way
    Renton, WA 98032
    Tel. (425) 226-7700 / Hrs: 3:00-8:00 p.m.

Philadelphia, PA
    The Sheraton Rittenhouse Square Hotel
    18th and Locust Street
    Philadelphia, PA 19103
    Tel. (215) 546-9400 / Hrs: 3:00-8:00 p.m.

"Extreme Makeover" takes individuals, chosen from thousands of applicants across the country, and gives them a truly Cinderella-like experience by changing their looks completely in an effort to transform their lives and destinies, and to make their dreams come true. This is all accomplished through the skills of an "Extreme Team," which includes plastic surgeons, eye surgeons and cosmetic dentists, along with a talented team of hair and makeup artists, stylists and personal trainers. "Extreme Makeover" is produced by New Screen Entertainment and Lighthearted Entertainment. Chuck Bangert, Lou Gorfain and Howard Schultz are the executive producers.

Hi John,

I have to admit I am guilty of applying to this show. I filled out the application and did a three minute video. What can I say I am desperate for a makeover.

Actually I have applied to this show and a new one called the makeover show which is not extreme. I figure two chances are better than one. I did get a call from LA for the second show because they wanted more information and pictures - yea maybe I will get another call.

At 52 I am ready for a tune up and would love for it to happen.

So for anyone who has thought about this go for it.

I hope you are chosen, annray!

This show has generated more e-mails than any other to me, from people asking how they can be on it. I'm amazed, really. I bet I received 40 e-mails during the run of the show, asking how people could get on it.

+ Reply to Thread