+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pennsylvania :Bryant Court - Laurie's room

It was ok, I love green normally but something about it turned me off. I kind of liked the flowers painted on the walls.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I didn't think it was all that bad...

I liked it. I would have liked a bit of a more understated green, but these are children we are talking about. I wasnt crazy about the zinnias and frankly she could have made a stencil from brown paper or acetate or mylar or SOMETHING to make it easier and less time consuming for the homeowners doing the work. I think Vern is the only designer I have ever seen stay behind to help finish homework. I have NEVER seen Hilda or Laurie stay and they are always the most project heavy designers
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

She really should have made a stencil, it would have saved so much time.
    I don't think she was looking for a handpainted finish, she wanted perfection, so why not assist them in achieving that.

I don't think I've ever seen her stay behind either.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I like this. Granted, compared to one of Hildi's worst ever, maybe I was blinded. However, as a girl's room, I liked the bright color with the flowers. Made it girly without being too much so. I hate pastels for a little girls room.

I like Laurie's work generally, though it is never up to par of Vern. He is trading spaces god, for me. Laurie is in the middle. But, Vern stays behind because he is very project heavy -- he does an amazing amount of work in little time. Plus, sometimes the carpenters mess him up. Laurie doesn'd do nearly as many projects -- which may be why she did the zinnias the hard way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12