+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Carpenter Joining the TS team

Originally posted by jules77
    He sure doesn't look like George Lopez!Helloooooo Carter!!!!

No he doesn't.
    No offense to George (bless him) but I'm glad it was just the picture that made him look like George.

Carter is yummy.
    I think he's on the show again next week too
    "That's Numberwang!"

He's a bit lacking in the personality department.

But who cares. You don't need a personality to...nevermind. Hehehe.

He needs one of Vern's killer projects before we can really judge his skills. Ty messes them up a lot, and Amy Wynn has messed up one or two of them.

Originally posted by duckgirl
    He's a bit lacking in the personality department.

But who cares. You don't need a personality to...nevermind. Hehehe.
    Exactly, Ducky. He may not be the brightest bulb in the box, but when you look like that, does it really matter?

Don't tell me we're "time-sharing" this dude too Lobes?
    "That's Numberwang!"

TS Family Carpenter - Carter Oosterhouse

From the official site:

Trading Spaces' newest cast member, carpenter Carter Oosterhouse, is known for his easygoing attitude, effortless charm and eye for tackling challenging carpentry projects. Carter learned his craft from an early age when he began apprenticing under his neighbor, himself a master carpenter. It was an education that continued through college and has shaped Carter into a largely self-taught craftsman.

Born and raised in Traverse City, Michigan, Carter is the youngest of four children. Carter began learning carpentry skills when, at age 11, he began apprenticing with his next door neighbor, a carpenter. Carter continued his apprenticeship and continued working in construction and carpentry, on and off, throughout high school and college. His other passion has always been athletics of all kinds. His favorite sports are basketball and rugby, which he often plays with his buddies during downtime. He'll also play baseball from time to time and is an avid professional basketball and hockey fan. Carter is an expert at kayaking and sailing and hits the water whenever he can.

Carter received his bachelor's degree from Central Michigan College, where he studied Nutrition and Communications. After college, he relocated to Los Angeles to pursue a career in television and film; his first job was working behind-the-scenes for Project Greenlight, as a production assistant and tape coordinator. Jobs in modeling and acting soon followed. Carter has appeared in independent films, print campaigns for Nivea, Lincoln, Hewlett Packard and Miller Light and television advertisements for Bud Light, Nivea and Treasure Island in Las Vegas. He joins the cast of Trading Spaces for the series' fourth season and for the new Sunday-night Trading Spaces: Family.

While Carter has only filmed a handful of episodes thus far, already he's had to take on challenging projects from the show's designers. "DOUG, HILDI, thanks for making Pennsylvania tough!"

Carter's favorite project in his off time is building decks. "You can add your own touch to a deck, and it's something that is so big, you have to appreciate it."

Quoteable Carter: "When things are bad, they're really not that bad."
    "That's Numberwang!"

Oh, it looks as though Carter will be the resident carpenter on TS Family
    "That's Numberwang!"

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I think that Carter is the best thing to happen to Trading Spaces in a long time. Great to look at with a geat personality and he is a good carpenter. I'm going to keep watching Trading Spaces just like I always have but will look hard at the scenes where Carter appears. I think I'm in love!!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

The competition for Carter is definitely hotting up around here

I think he's absolutely gorgeous, so much better looking than Ty and in no way an immature goof like Ty can be either.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Originally posted by fluff
    Don't tell me we're "time-sharing" this dude too Lobes?
    In addition to whom, Fluff?

I was thinking Will Kemp, but if you've taken yourself out of the running I won't complain
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast