+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Road Rules Contestant busted by Smoking Gun (again)

Road Rules Contestant busted by Smoking Gun (again)

JUNE 11--A Boston man facing a domestic violence charge was cast anyway by MTV in the network's current "Road Rules" series, The Smoking Gun has learned. Donnell Langham, 21, was arrested last July for assault and battery after allegedly striking his teenage girlfriend and throwing her to the ground and dragging her several feet.

According to a police report, cops saw "significant bruising" on 5' 3" Erin Soper's "arms, back, and legs." As a result of the incident, a District Court judge signed a restraining order barring Langham, 5' 6", 200+ pounds, from contacting or going near the girl.

Months after the incident, Langham was tabbed for the 12th installment of MTV's popular "Road Rules" show, which was lensed this spring in the South Pacific and had its network premiere on May 26.

In April, weeks after filming ended and Langham returned to Massachusetts, he was again arrested for assaulting Soper as well as violating the July 2002 protection order. According to police, Langham argued with the teenager and grabbed her throat for "about five seconds." When police arrived, they noted in a report, red marks were still visible on Soper's throat area. Langham is scheduled to face trial this summer on both misdemeanor cases and could face a maximum of two-and-a-half years in jail if convicted.
    The rest of the story can be found at: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/roadrules1.html

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Woooo. Now I have to say I am shocked. I don't watch this show very often, and usually catch it when they run it back to back at season end, but if I recall he was the large, happy black fellow? Wow.

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by MajiH
    Woooo. Now I have to say I am shocked. I don't watch this show very often, and usually catch it when they run it back to back at season end, but if I recall he was the large, happy black fellow? Wow.
    I'm surprised that it was him of all people. He seemed kind of slow and effeminate to me, actually. I can't picture him doing that...

Donnell Langham? I saw rerun of Road Rules last saturday and I thought he's gay because he surely do look and behave like one.... Look like I'm wrong... am I?
    Huh? Oh, you talkin' to me? Sorry, I didn't hear you.

wow
    thats all i can say
    I don't want the ocean in my seashell. I just want a boyfriend with a brain cell. Stretch Princess

FORT Newbie
    Seems right on target to me...he's a total manipulator, and after seeing how he got Abrahm to go off last episode...makes perfect sense. What a jerk, restraining orders don't work. I hope the girl get's help, and works on some serious distancing.

Uni

Quote Originally Posted by universible
    Seems right on target to me...he's a total manipulator, and after seeing how he got Abrahm to go off last episode...

Although I'm not one for fighting, I really wanted Abraham to give him a few more solid ones to his head and diaphram! :fight I'm not surprised by this at all. Donnell showed himself to be someone who instigates and keeps pushing people on purpose. Then when the tables are turned around he cries "bloody murder" the loudest. He knew what he was doing and got just what he deserved.

I think there's a huge difference from talking and fighting. Abe could have easily walked away, but he acted like a five year old and kept coming back for more.

The only reason I'd support anyone kicking Donnel's ass if it's for something like this, beating on his girlfriend. That's pretty sad.
    Indeed.

FORT Newbie
    wow... I've watched all the episodes of Road Rules this season, and I'd have to say I agree with universible and eldee. I was upset that Abraham had to go home, Donnell was being a huge jerk to him, for basically the whole trip. he'd just never get off his back. I understood how he felt, and why he got so angry that he felt he had to attack Donnell. of course, Abe would've been a bigger man if he'd have walked away, but I still understood him. and Donnell's whole accusing Abe of being homophobic thing... I never once heard Abe say he was homophobic or make a homophobic remark. but then again, we only see what's edited in.

so... I'm not really surprised at this story. it seems like Donnell can be a hot head at times. I did like him earlier in the season though.

Chelle!

It seemed like Abe was very upset and trying to walk away, but Donnell kept taunting him on purpose. Maybe he will learn that for better or worse, people do have a breaking point. Donnell seemed to have been trying to bother him the whole time and basically said so to the camera. I didn't watch the last episode, but hope he doesn't try to pull that nonsense with the new guy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast