+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Road Rules Contestant busted by Smoking Gun (again)

Also, did anyone notice that when they showed the tape of the actual fight to the other cast members, they left out all the taunting by Donnell? Maybe that part was edited out of the show, but I thought the other cast members deserved to see Donnell making all the gay refernces...

And why didn't Dave speak up for Abe? He kept saying to the cameras that he didn't think Abe should leave, but he never spoke up for him with others...
    "I was hugging a woman and we were jumping up and down and embracing and then I realized that it wasn't love but the Yankees had just won the World Series."
    Larry David

Rcw02, I agree with you.

FORT Fan
    In general dont make any assumptions of what did or did not happen; as you know producers edit the show the way they want to create characters, for time, and to create a story. None of this is real and the only true way youd know is if you were a contestant or worked on one of these shows. As a former TV publicist, I got to see things from all directions as I dealt with people in front of and behind the cameras - producers and talent/guests etc.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I felt that Donnell should have been sent home too. After all, they were both in the fight and it seems to me that he was the instigator of the whole thing. Abe just finally had all he could take of his big mouth. He tried to walk away several times but Donnell just wouldn't stop. Abe did apologize but instead of accepting his apology Donnell just had to keep smarting off to him. He deserved getting punched a few times.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

[QUOTE=bostonsinclair]In general dont make any assumptions of what did or did not happen; as you know producers edit the show the way they want to create characters, for time, and to create a story..../QUOTE]

That makes sense and is sound advise for any reality show.
    For me, Donnell always seemed to be an instigator. After Abe approached him earlier and wanted to get along, behind Abe's back, Donnell expressed how he picked on Abe and would continue to do so. I believe if Abe had acted like a punk to Donnell all along, Donnell would have brought that up before and after the fight. But he didn't. For some reason he had it in for him from the start.

[QUOTE=eldee]
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonsinclair
    In general dont make any assumptions of what did or did not happen; as you know producers edit the show the way they want to create characters, for time, and to create a story..../QUOTE]

Lostfann said: In general, I don't have much use for the old "out of context" arguement. Reality TV is based on reality and although producers can be creative in their editing, there IS a limit to what they can do. Seeing IS believing. If I didn't think so, I'd be watching West Wing not Road Rules.

For me, Donnell always seemed to be an instigator. After Abe approached him earlier and wanted to get along, behind Abe's back, Donnell expressed how he picked on Abe and would continue to do so.
    I agree with that. I've just started watching Road Rules and news of Donnell's legal problems don't surprise me. He'll go far in life with that attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by lostfann
    ...He'll go far in life with that attitude.
    Yeah, far into the courts and then into prison. Let's see him pull that type of (h*t with an inmate. There would be no discussion, just crash, bang, boom!

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    Donnell is a blow hard with a smart mouth and bad attitude. He thinks he's God's gift to the world. I wonder where he got that idea?
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Quote Originally Posted by breathless4975
    Donnell is a blow hard with a smart mouth and bad attitude. He thinks he's God's gift to the world. I wonder where he got that idea?
    From the nasty man in the mirror!

FORT Newbie
    bostonsinclair - I could see that these types of shows couldn't be "real" because people are put into situations that they might not otherwise be in (be it living situations...whatever), but the manipulation that Donnell used, and the fight was real.

Donnell is just better at manipulating than Abe was a de-escalating. Seemed like Abe felt out of place the whole time, because a number of the other cast members made fun of him. Through in the constant pressure from Donnelll...I completely understand him throwing blows. Does it solve anything? Well...it got him off the show, relieved the pressure...didn't help Donell any, because he's still a simple manipulator.

I so loved how Donnell got tough after they all watched the video, classic. I also like the tough stance he takes before challenges that he knows he can't do. Pacing with that "hardcore" look on his face, before the balloon climbing thing, or the stair climbing. And his pouting when he fails. The guy is a wreck, plain and simple...I wouldn't want to be on a trip with him. He'd be too heavy to strap to the top of the RV...

Uni

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast