+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dog Park

eny
    FORT Fogey

Dog Park

I just saw this advertised for Animal planet. It starts next week and it follows the storys of dogs and their owners. It looks like NYC. Great concept for us doggie types. Probably 0 interest for the rest of the population.

JR.
    Even though dogs are really cool, this show looks sooooo cheesy.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I love dogs, but this doesn't sound interesting to me in the slightest!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

eny
    FORT Fogey
    You would have to see the commercial.It kindof made you want to watch because they showed more dog than human...

I don't know eny, I love doga, I've seen the commercial and I still have no interest in it.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Newbie

Check out the pups!

So, the show's been on - and it's a mix of dogs and their owners. Seems like the Militant Dog Lovers are up in arms because the show shows bad dog behavior - but the bulk of the feedback has been great. Check it out Mondays at 10 on Animal Planet - or read the boards at www.AnimalPlanet.com

I think it's pretty damn funny, but i worked on the show so i'm probabbly biased. then again, i don't have to watch it and i do every week....?

tvguy, I've caught an episode or two, and it's not bad. If you're a dog-lover like me. But the real appeal of the show would primarily be dog lovers located in NYC, which kind of limits the audience that "gets it".

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I am a huge dog fan, but I just don't think I can get into this. I might check it out if it's on at a time when there is nothing else exciting.

Ooh, Mondays at 10 -- that's kind of late. I guess I could Tivo it...
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I happened to surf in on the Animal Planet station while that show was on. One word: Booooring!
    Okay, so I only watched a few scenes, but I wasn't the bit interested in it. I love dogs too, but not enough to watch that show.

+ Reply to Thread