• 3 Post By Punkin
  • 3 Post By JosephD
  • 1 Post By provenceguy
  • 2 Post By tinderbox
  • 3 Post By waywyrd
  • 3 Post By JosephD

Thread: Breaking Homicide

Breaking Homicide

Anybody watching this new show? It premiered last night and was very good. I enjoyed it.

I do have a few questions that weren't covered. It makes no sense to me why the guy they believe murdered the young girl was never a suspect...in 30 years time? He was her best friend's stepfather. He raped his stepdaughter and her mother. He lived two doors away from where the murdered girl was last seen. He moved away the same night the murder took place. My questions go on and on.

I loved Derrick and Chris. Smart abd likeable guys.
    Punkin, momrek06 and JosephD like this.

Re: Breaking Homicide

I liked it! I like Derrick better than I did on Big Brother. And unlike other "cold case" shows, they really did seem to catch the killer, even though the police didn't have what they needed to prosecute him yet. Let's hope the show puts pressure on the local police and prosecutors to follow through and get this creep behind bars where he belongs!
    momrek06, tinderbox and JosephD like this.
    Lynda

I DVR'd it last night, but watched it today. Tinderbox, I have all the same questions as you -- 30 years and nobody suspected the stepfather of the little girl's friend as a possible suspect in her murder? Even though he had an arrest history as long as his arm? Even though he'd had several restraining orders against him over the course of 30 years? Even though the victim was frequently at the suspect's house to visit her best friend where he was often the only adult supervision since the friend's mother worked outside of the home? Even though he committed virtually the same rape on his own stepdaughter: face down, hand on the back of her neck, excited by her struggling to get away!?!? Even though the playground, the victim's grandmother's house, the friend's home and the area where they later found the little girl's body were all within a quarter mile radius? Even though the friend's stepfather abruptly moved his family right after the little girl's murder?

All of that circumstantial evidence, and no one suspected this guy might be involved????!!!!! Wow. It seems like a slam dunk case to me. I know prosecutors don't like to try circumstantial cases. I know they like to have solid evidence. But still, given all they had to work with, I don't understand how they could have overlooked that guy as a suspect.

I felt right away the little girl's own father wasn't the one who killed her. He may have been an alcoholic and he may have had his issues, but nothing pointed toward him, imo. I attributed his slow and deliberate handwriting to his limited education. To me, it seemed like he was struggling to form cohesive sentences, or trying to sound out the words he didn't know how to spell so that his letter would make more sense. I do agree with Derrick and Chris that I think the little girl's father didn't want to 'name names,' but that he did want to drop the hint at who they should be investigating by emphasizing that the man his daughter's friend was standing with was a man 'he did not know.'

I'm hoping this series gains popularity. This is the kind of true crime show I like. I don't care for the kind that hits too close to home. I like the analytical aspect of watching the investigators work through the clues to solve the crime, without all the blood and graphic pictures.
    Punkin, momrek06 and tinderbox like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

Derrick was on Big Brother????
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    AND HE WON!!!!!!!!!

I really like Derrick and I am going to DVR this show. Looks awesome.

I did note in his BIO for BH there was no mention of Big Brother.

Oh, p.s. provenceguy, he never once told the HG's his occupation. He made up some random job.
    KAREN

Derrick is considered one of the best Big Brother players/winners of all time. I remember, at the time, not wanting him to win but now I don't even remember who I was rooting for against him. However, I remember how GOOD he was as playing that game. What does that tell ya?

BTW, Derrick and Chris did one show, very much like Breaking Homicide, about the O.J. Simpson case a couple of years ago. It was really outstanding. I'm sure its success was the precursor to this new series.
    Punkin and momrek06 like this.

Derrick played BB well, but he was also playing against a house full of dumbasses (except for Donny).

Sounds like this show's a good one, I'll have to check it out. I do love true crime shows!
    Punkin, dagwood and tinderbox like this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    Yes. Like momreko6 mentioned above, Derrick won his season on Big Brother. He came in the house claiming to be a Parks & Recreation Coordinator because he didn't want to draw attention to himself or alienate any of the HG's if they knew he was a cop. He aligned with a guy named Cody early in the season. They took it all the way to the end without Cody even knowing Derrick's true profession. He was also a part of a secret 3-man alliance that America voted for.

Here's a clip from the finale where Julie Chen reveals the secrets....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve6ASOghJ20
    Punkin, waywyrd and momrek06 like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

+ Reply to Thread