+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Breaking Homicide

Re: Breaking Homicide

And then that blurb at the very end that addressed the civil suit and arrest!!!
    I don't want to spoil it for those who might not have watched yet.
    waywyrd likes this.

I don't watch Dr.Phil, but apparently this case is the subject of his show today. The commercial I saw said that Rebecca's family proved she did not commit suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I just DO NOT believe that woman committed suicide and you could see that her friends didn't either. I can't understand how they came to that conclusion after talking to experts, particularly the ones who said they'd NEVER encountered any suicide, where the person was naked.
    Totally agree. Most people - and especially women - wouldn't want to be found that way, I think. Plus the message on the wall made no sense if she'd written it. The whole suicide thing was BS in my opinion, and I don't think the little boy fell over that railing, either.

That civil suit blurb at the end was telling. They must have found something...
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I've seen 3 or 4 shows discussing this case and I always came away thinking she was murdered. Derrick and Kris' show was the first that was 2 hours in length and delved into far more detail than I had ever seen. I will admit that, for the first time, am open minded enough to consider that this could be a suicide.

I believe the child's death was an accident. However, I believe she may have been involved, to some degree, to the point where she felt responsible and overwhelmed with guilt. Kris led me down a path of understanding and accepting more about what made her tick, how she might react to what happened to the child ON HER WATCH, what was actually going on in her relationship with the boy's father, and how religious she was.

Also, I learned the knots in the ropes were nothing too out of the ordinary and that a person can, in fact, tie themselves in the manner in which she was found. The demonstration of her falling over the railing, and hitting her head, also answered questions that have never been addressed in other shows I've seen. The body language expert admitting that the brother/uncle (who found her body) was telling the truth is something I've always believed. None of his DNA (or that of anybody else) was found in the room.

Yes, what woman commits a hanging suicide in public....naked? I get it. That's always bothered me. Kris could be correct in that she wanted to "shed" her guilt etc. before meeting the Lord at the pearly gates. Who knows?

The painted message has always thrown me mostly because I can't figure out what the heck it means!!! I've read it 20 times and I just don't follow the logic, no matter WHO wrote it. Just...weird.

Interesting and probably unsolvable event(s) and/or crime. I was ready to put it to bed. And then, the epilog. I was shocked to learn that the brother/uncle was charged with the crime in a civil trial which was held a week or two ago. What the heck did that jury (or whoever hears the case) learn, see, find out, that we didn't from Derrick and Kris? Huh?
    Last edited by tinderbox; 05-09-2018 at 04:26 PM.

I've also seen this story on another show and I'm not sure what to believe when it comes to the woman hanging. I think the little boy's death was an accident, but that the woman was involved. I think she either said or did something to distract the little boy when he was too close to the railing, "I told you not to ride that scooter upstairs!"....or maybe they were just playing, she was chasing after him, something innocent. Either way, I think it was an accident, but an accident that wouldn't have happened if the woman hadn't contributed in some way.

I think the woman's death was murder. I'm leaning either toward the uncle who allegedly found her, or her husband. I know they claim her husband was at the hospital with the little boy, but I haven't ruled him out. Maybe the woman was so upset about the little boy (assuming she was involved) that she confessed her involvement to her husband or to the uncle hoping to find comfort, "If only I hadn't called out to him..." but instead of hearing, "Please don't blame yourself. You couldn't have known," her confession was met with rage, "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!! " Then the boy's father or uncle could have been filled with enough anger to want to make her pay for what she did. Again, these are purely my own theories.

IF the woman's death was actually a suicide, the only thing that makes sense to me is that she didn't want her suicide to be obvious because it would bring shame upon the rest of her family by making her appear to be guilty of what happened to the little boy, and so she concocted the cryptic message and tied her hands behind her back to make it appear like she was murdered. That way, she could free herself of guilt the was weighing her down, and her family wouldn't be shamed because she'd be viewed as an innocent victim.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

But, NO DNA!! How can she have done all that without leaving DNA? And the only fingerprint was on the wrong side of the knife. I believe it was murder.
    Lynda

I thought her DNA was all over the rope. I know it was on the cap of the paint. Lots of info to take in. I could be mistaken.

What knife? The knife the uncle used to cut her down?

There was a large kitchen knife in the room, perhaps the one used to cut the rope for the bindings. The attorney demonstrated that it was likely used by her to try to cut the bindings behind her back according to where that single thumbprint was located. No DNA on the handle of the knife though. It was speculated that she may have been left alone for a while and regained consciousness and grabbed the knife to attempt to free herself. Of course there would be DNA on the rope as it was on her skin, but the lack of DNA on the knife handle and anywhere else leaves me puzzled.
    Lynda

I agree with Tinderbox. This was the first show that actually made me think, maybe it was a suicide. But the fingerprints still lead me more to murder. And if she was involved somehow with the boy, wouldn’t she have written a note explaining, before she committed suicide.

I may be totally crazy and way off, but I had a thought that maybe the boy was trying to climb on the rail, trying to pull his bicycle up to ride the rail, and fell. On TV, you see skateboarders, BMX riders, snowboarders, riding these thin rails. Did he see it on something on TV, not realizing how dangerous it was. We know it is, but kids that age have no fear and have no idea about the dangers.

There was another autopsy done on exhumed body and Dr. Wecht mentioned bones broken in her neck that wouldn’t occur in a hanging. Those are usually broken by strangulation, so another thing that points to murder.
    Last edited by crzndeb; 05-10-2018 at 08:41 PM.
    Punkin likes this.

It's a shame they didn't think they had enough evidence to prosecute that Howard Gay guy, because what they did have sure pointed his way. Plus, what kind of person would get all pissed if their wife and kids surprised them with a visit, making them stay in a hotel?? Someone who was up to no good, that's who.
    tinderbox likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234