• 1 Post By woodiedog
  • 1 Post By AcookerTV
  • 2 Post By betty80
  • 2 Post By PA Snow Bunny
  • 3 Post By woodiedog
  • 2 Post By norealityhere

Thread: Summer House by Bravo

Summer House by Bravo

This is the second season for Summer House, a reality show about New York professionals sharing a house in the Hamptons for the summer.

Some thoughts:

***these people are too old to be acting this way.
    ***they will all end up with liver disease.
    ***when these people get stupid every weekend, what do clients, coworkers, and managers think of these people? These summer house people are hurting themselves professionally.
    ***the girlfriend of the 35 year old Peter Pan should cut bait on the relationship.
    ***is this normal weekend routine for 30 year olds? I remember wild frat parties in college, but everyone settled down post college.
    ***its a sad show. It should be called Bummer House.
    Last edited by woodiedog; 03-22-2018 at 02:00 PM.
    Queen B likes this.

FORT Fogey

Re: Summer House by Bravo

For a segment of New Yorkers, this is very normal. There's certainly a culture among some who can afford it to leave the city every weekend in the Summer because it gets so hot in the city, and people would rather be out in nature than in a hot mass of concrete. While it does seem strange to me to live in this 'booze it up every weekend" world, I get it. I think it's normal than when people are on vacation that they kick back a little more, drink a little more, and make having fun an event. Well they are essentially on vacation every weekend. So while I don't believe that everyone in New York behaves like this, I don't think it's totally out of the norm.
    But I do agree with you that Amanda needs to break up with Kyle. I get frustrated when women put up with behavior they can't stand and allow themselves to be pushed aside on a whim, but think somehow that is a better choice than being single.
    woodiedog likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    For a segment of New Yorkers, this is very normal. There's certainly a culture among some who can afford it to leave the city every weekend in the Summer because it gets so hot in the city, and people would rather be out in nature than in a hot mass of concrete. While it does seem strange to me to live in this 'booze it up every weekend" world, I get it. I think it's normal than when people are on vacation that they kick back a little more, drink a little more, and make having fun an event. Well they are essentially on vacation every weekend. So while I don't believe that everyone in New York behaves like this, I don't think it's totally out of the norm.
    But I do agree with you that Amanda needs to break up with Kyle. I get frustrated when women put up with behavior they can't stand and allow themselves to be pushed aside on a whim, but think somehow that is a better choice than being single.
    NONE of these guys could afford to rent this type of summer house without BRAVO picking up the tab. The time share is something that a lot of young people do but there usually are 15, 20 people buying in. So much so, that local ordinances have begun cracking down on this.
    Ex Assisant, dental sales, pr flack, ect. These r not lucrative professions.
    Drinking" Kyle is an alcoholic . No one drinks that much even on weekends when u r in your 30's. Sad to see Amanda try and keep up as a solution. Great way to develop your own drinking problem. She can do much, much better.
    Lordy Stephan, the nut twins r toxic.
    Lindsey is sad. And enough of the side boob dress..looks awful on her
    Wish they would have had more Emit(sp?)

I don't get the attraction to Carl, especially since he continues to mistreat people.
    scoot13 and woodiedog like this.
    “Bless the world with your mind, heal the world with your heart, lift the world with your soul; elevate the world with your life.”
    ― Matshona Dhliwayo

I watched last year and really did enjoy it. The drinking is way OTT. The sad part is, in the span of a year, not one of these people have evolved. They are in their 30's for crying out loud. Lord Lindsey is just plain sad. Hanging all over those polo players and the 25 year old trainer, she just comes off as desperate. Then the clothes...oh. Do yourself a favor, get back with Everett and get into couples therapy.
    Kyle hooked-up with Stacie from VPR last year. He's never going to change Amanda, move on.
    I can not imagine the amount of alcohol this group consumes in a weekend. I am sure the owners of that property were just thrilled to have all of that tea spilled in their pool.
    scoot13 and woodiedog like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Oh the tea! I mean 40 pounds of loose tea in the pool! I’m sure the filtration system was completely clogged.
    They use that house pretty hard. There’s not enough bleach in the world to disinfectant that house from all the bodily fluids.
    Imperfect1, scoot13 and betty80 like this.

Having lived on the East Coast many years ago, I can say that young professionals do this in the summer.
    I can also say that if they have apartments in the city, they are making enough money to afford said apartments, along with a share of a summer rental.
    AcookerTV and woodiedog like this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread