+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Seeking Sister Wife

Seeking Sister Wife

Is anyone watching this show?

Its on TLC Sunday nights right after Sister Wives.

Its allot more interesting and entertaining than Sister Wives!

Meet The Families of Seeking Sister Wife | TLCme | TLC

New TLC Show ‘Seeking Sister Wife’ Focuses On Families Looking For Their Next Wife – The Ashley's Reality Roundup
    KAREN

Re: Seeking Sister Wife

I just started watching it over the weekend. It kind of reminds me of the show My Five Wives in that they seem more real than Sister Wives. If the show survives for any length of time, I suspect it will become as polished and scripted as Sister Wives, but for now, I'm interested in watching. Incidentally, I'm not convinced by the Snowdens. I believe that HE really wants to add another wife, but I think she just wants to add another baby maker/babysitter. I think that when it comes to sharing him emotionally, she's going to have a lot of jealously. Something went wrong with their first stab at plural marriage, and it sounds like it was her, not him. I suspect that going into this without the religious aspect of it makes it more difficult. At least if they think God wants them to live like this, they can guilt themselves into enduring it. But polygamy for the sake of having a built-in "village" doesn't provide much of a foundation.
    momrek06, tinderbox and Imperfect1 like this.

I think Sister Wives ship has sailed. #yawn

So I started watching this and I am (so far) liking it.

And yes The Snowdens.......just things are NOT adding up for this life style. I mean they already have 2.5 kids with NO other wives. AND now they want a WIFE?

BUT after last night, I am curious as to what Ashley will say. She is very upset. Dimitiri and the Airline Stewardess, oh my.

The other family with the three wives......no one gets along AT ALL.

And now the family with two wives.......the wife looks pregnant but its not looking good for her.
    Teri313 likes this.
    KAREN

I'm watching this. I don't know why, but I am.

Snowden's: he comes across as smarmy. I think I read somewhere (don't hold me to it) Demetri and Ashley are NOT married in the hopes that all wives are equal with no legal wife. I am also not convinced Ashley really wants this lifestyle and I felt baddly for her when Demetri and the 22 year old snuck off. Maybe he did it because he knew it would be his only chance. Ashley should have had the first date. I also agree with out some underlying foundation of the belief, it will be a free for all for Demetri and a lot of heart ache for Ashley.

Aldridge family: I like the wives, they seem to like each other and care about each other. They seem a little dull, probably the most steeped in Polygamy.

Brinney family: This family is really messed up. I think the husband is weak, the middle Aubrey? wife is very manipulative and has brought wife 3 Audry? into her fold against wife 1 April?. I don't love wife 1 either but do agree, she may be missunderstood. Hard to tell without knowing the story.

Snowdens: I just got caught up and I can't believe what a dog Demetri is (no offense to dogs). This might sound weird, considering they want to be polygamists, but HE CHEATED ON HER. And I think Ashley is too twisted about the whole thing to know that she has every right to hand him his ass. They just met the girl, they made no commitment to her, and more importantly, they hadn't made a commitment to each other about it yet. So if this doesn't work out and the girl is out of there, Ashley gets to live with the knowledge that her impulsive, immature husband cheated on her. Another red flag was when he and 22 were discussing how they would have an unstructured arrangement, i.e., no set schedule for who gets him when. Can you imagine how that would go? I don't know what Ashley is thinking going along with this. It sounds like they have no clue what they're doing. And he's just excited because he gets to have sex with another woman.

Aldridges: Kind of pathetic getting dumped at the airport. Hope there's really a baby in there and it isn't something bad.

Brinneys: Third wife needs to learn her place. And how stupid is the husband for bringing in a third wife who he has basically tasked with straightening out the problem between one and two. And now three is ganging up with two. Not good.

I think I'm hooked.
    momrek06 and Imperfect1 like this.

FORT Newbie

I have this on dvr, and I can't wait to see it this weekend.
    momrek06 and Teri313 like this.

c'mon inner peace... Phart Blossom's Avatar

I wonder if they are all faking it for the money....just to be a show. Seems like a bunch of sh*t to me....excuse my language.
    Last edited by waywyrd; 02-18-2018 at 09:42 AM.
    Nobody is perfect...everyone's ass has a crack in it.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I'm watching too, and enjoying the show --- although some of the issues make me squirm.

I agree with all of you that Demetri went waaaaay too far, sexually, with his 'date.' --- although I do give him a few props for promptly being honest with Ashley, and fessing up. You could see that Ashley was really hurt though. Even though she signed up for Demetri having other wives, I don't think it really hit home with her how sexually turned on to other women Demetri could be. So, I don't know how they solve the problem of Ashley being more interested in having help in the house, and Demetri being more interested in having more sexual partners. Maybe everything depends on her 'jealously tolerance level.'

And April --- there's something about her that makes me cringe. She's like, way too saccharine sweet -- and that little baby doll voice, ugh! I can see how she'd rub her sister wives the wrong way. But is she as conniving and manipulative as they seem to think she is? I don't know. April certainly seems to have (what I'm calling) "first-wives-syndrome" -- and I totally understand that. So, I think a real compromise is needed in their situation: for example I think that April would get along much better with the other two wives if, instead of denying everything they accuse her of, she admits that, yes, she has been somewhat controlling, and that she'll work on that problem, if they try to be nicer (and more understanding) to her.
    momrek06, tinderbox and Teri313 like this.

FORT Newbie

Okay, I like this show, because they feature the adults and not the children, as they do on Sister Wives endless wedding episodes.

Demetri is a dog, and he lied to Ashley. He said they had to leave the restaurant because it was closing. On the clip, the woman got into the car and wished him goodbye. The caption read that they secretly met up with each other after the cameras stopped rolling.
    Imperfect1 and Teri313 like this.

I began watching snippets of this show and now....I could be hooked. It wasn't my intention but...
    Teri313 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast