+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Seeking Sister Wife

Re: Seeking Sister Wife

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Since any polygamist's family tree looks more like a wreath, it wouldn't be surprising.
    Haha, right? So after I posted that, I did a search, because it wouldn't really be a stretch for them to be related, and what I found was that Aspen's new fiancÚ is Vanessa Aldridge's brother. I don't know if she is related to Robyn, but we're getting closer.
    AZChristian likes this.

FORT Newbie

Aurlaree has a speech impediment, not an accent. She explains it as a Dutch accent which it not.
    Exactly!

She has an articulation disorder, in that she cannot pronounce the "r" sound. Just listen. She says, "Sista-wife" and "Ay-pole" -- no "r" in sight.

Sadly, her she and her son sound like Tweety Bird.

Quote Originally Posted by poetist View Post

She has an articulation disorder, in that she cannot pronounce the "r" sound. Just listen. She says, "Sista-wife" and "Ay-pole" -- no "r" in sight.

Sadly, her she and her son sound like Tweety Bird.
    Well being from Boston no one pronounces their "r's" but no one sounds like Auralee. Yet no one in Boston sounds like tweety bird either.

I cannot put my finger on her speech disorder. She actually sounds like she is 4yo to me. And that her voice never matured as she did.

So last night was obviously the finale for the Season.

Brineys. April is a head case. Carrying on about not wanting to go to Oregon. So then the whole discussion becomes all about HER.
    Auralee did a FABULOUS job trying to "smooth the waters" and getting April to agree to the move. I think Angela likes it when April
    is being bit#chy. I feel Angela is not the peacemaker Drew thought she would be when they had her join the family.

Snowdens. Hmmm. Why is the FIRST thing Demitri has to notice about Jarika is her WEIGHT? Geez. And I am going to guess
    HE was the one that felt that there was nothing there as far as a relationship with her. I wonder if Ashley is still friends with Jarika?
    I feel Demitri wants a tall thin young 20 something as the new wife.

I am sooooooo glad the Aldridges decided to move in another direction away from Melina. She was very ODD.
    So let me get this straight, she is ready to board a plane to visit them and changes her mind because she thinks Vanessa
    has not reached out to HER enough......whatttttt? So its Vanessa's fault that Melina baled on them. AND never called them and allowed
    the three of them to wait for quite along time at the airport knowing full well she was not on that plane.
    WHAT A JERK.
    KAREN

Yes, I think Dmitri is in it for sex. He's a hound.

As far as April, I think the group is a bit quick to jump on her. I can see her point not wanting to leave extended family although she's not the one in danger of being imprisoned.

Melina is not the right fit for that group. They need someone who has a familiarity with plural marriages.

JMHO
    Roz

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri313 View Post
    Snowdens: I just got caught up and I can't believe what a dog Demetri is (no offense to dogs). This might sound weird, considering they want to be polygamists, but HE CHEATED ON HER. And I think Ashley is too twisted about the whole thing to know that she has every right to hand him his ass. They just met the girl, they made no commitment to her, and more importantly, they hadn't made a commitment to each other about it yet. So if this doesn't work out and the girl is out of there, Ashley gets to live with the knowledge that her impulsive, immature husband cheated on her. Another red flag was when he and 22 were discussing how they would have an unstructured arrangement, i.e., no set schedule for who gets him when. Can you imagine how that would go? I don't know what Ashley is thinking going along with this. It sounds like they have no clue what they're doing. And he's just excited because he gets to have sex with another woman.

Aldridges: Kind of pathetic getting dumped at the airport. Hope there's really a baby in there and it isn't something bad.

Brinneys: Third wife needs to learn her place. And how stupid is the husband for bringing in a third wife who he has basically tasked with straightening out the problem between one and two. And now three is ganging up with two. Not good.

I think I'm hooked.
    That is a loaded statement.
    No goat killers on my island.

I really hope this show doesn't come back for another season. I hate this lifestyle they choose to live. It's illegal for a reason. I'm atheist, but doesn't this go against what the bible says? How can it be for religion. It's so stupid. Another cult made up by some horny man that wasn't getting enough from his wife. And now they're coming out with another show about polygamy. That makes 4. Sister wives, seeking SW, Polyganist in a cave or something, and escaping polygamy. It's like the little people show, one was successful, so lets make 5 more! Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    That is a loaded statement.
    It may be, but in reality, they are three women sharing a husband. They have each been with him for different lengths of time. Wife 1 was with him for 20+ years. So when Wife 3 comes in and basically teams up with Wife 2 to take on Wife 1, it doesn't seem like the best way to promote any kind of harmony in the family. That said...it was Drew who basically set that in motion, expecting Angela to have some kind of influence over April and Auralee's dysfunctional relationship. I don't know why he thought that - is Angela a psychiatrist? Also, I made that comment right at the beginning of the series. Ultimately, April showed her true colors and we could see what a b*tch she could be, so my opinion changed over time. I think the whole thing is a mess. I also think that April not wanting to leave Utah had more to do with not wanting the other wives to have equal footing than it did with leaving her family. How many times did Auralee say how happy she was going to be when she could publically be "out" as Drew's wife? I think that was the big threat to the queen bee.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife View Post
    I really hope this show doesn't come back for another season. I hate this lifestyle they choose to live. It's illegal for a reason. I'm atheist, but doesn't this go against what the bible says? How can it be for religion. It's so stupid. Another cult made up by some horny man that wasn't getting enough from his wife. And now they're coming out with another show about polygamy. That makes 4. Sister wives, seeking SW, Polyganist in a cave or something, and escaping polygamy. It's like the little people show, one was successful, so lets make 5 more! Ridiculous.
    Its only illegal in Utah. You can live how you'd like in every other state. Polygamy was one of the teachings of the Mormon religion, not christian bible. People are free to live how ever makes them happy. Its a free country in all but one state.

Bigamy is illegal everywhere - that when you legally marry more than one person. Cohabitating is legal.
    Imperfect1 and Phart Blossom like this.
    Roz

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

c'mon inner peace... Phart Blossom's Avatar

To each his own. Doesn't bother me what other people do as long as it does not harm others.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Nobody is perfect...everyone's ass has a crack in it.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Phart Blossom View Post
    To each his own. Doesn't bother me what other people do as long as it does not harm others.
    I totally agree, Phart Blossom, to each his own. And it doesn't bother me a bit either, how other people choose to live their lives. And I notice that 'traditional' families have not done so well, that people can say that they're the only way to live. Especially since, even in traditional families, sometimes parents get divorced, or one or both abandon the family, or abuse the family, or whatever.

And by the way, a lot of 'poly' families are not based on religion. It's just those people's lifestyle preferences.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123