• 1 Post By Fantine
  • 2 Post By navybelle
  • 1 Post By Babbred
  • 2 Post By dzigner
  • 1 Post By Babbred

Thread: Making a Model (Lifetime)

Making a Model (Lifetime)

Lillian--they found the mean girl for the group

Athena and other Asian girl--my favorites. I could already see them doing a VS runway.

Gina Davis Lookalike--pretty girl; maybe science, acting or something else fun is her niche
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

Re: Making a Model (Lifetime)

I am enjoying this show and it's good to see Yolanda well and looking fit. As far as the girls, I like the two Black girls (will remember names eventually) and hope they go far. Lillian is a bully and will most likely p**s the first customer she is modeling for and predict she will not last long in this business. Her mother is no better and has created this monster.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

not to mention she doesn't look like a model, more a tomboy
    Coco46 likes this.
    "Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole" Roger Caras

The moms' behaviors are often more eye opening than the teens'. The woman who runs this even seems to notice how bad it is.

I don't know the girls' names at all, but the Asian girl who sasses her mom during every interview, really annoys me. That mom is going to have her hands full.

The rude blonde who stuck her tongue out is another one. At least her mom tried to give her good advice about the other girls, but she didn't seemed phased with her daughter's Miley Cyrus impersonation on stage. The girls have youth/inexperience as excuses for some of their bad behaviors, but these grown ups sure don't. It doesn't look good!
    Imperfect1 and Coco46 like this.

Mikayla is my favorite; she and her mom seem to have a great relationship and Mikayla does not seem to think she's the end all, be all. Ironically she's the one with the least modelling experience so maybe that's why? I was glad to see her Instagram was private and that her mom didn't want to have it be public (I snooped, it is now) but it seems to show mom is more worried about her daughter than her model. Unlike Lilyan's mom who is right there with her on the mean girl train, being the tree from which the fruit falls closely. Breanna seems like a follower - uncomfortable with a lot of what Lilyan says, but right there with the giggle and matching jacket, but to a 13 year old the 15 year old could seem 'cool' and worth following. Athena is gorgeous and also seems sweet with a good relationship with her mother. I really don't like Makenzie or her mother - it seems like mom is just worried about looking good and like she has a good relationship when in reality Makenzie walks all over her.
    Wag more, bark less

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    The moms' behaviors are often more eye opening than the teens'. The woman who runs this even seems to notice how bad it is.

I don't know the girls' names at all, but the Asian girl who sasses her mom during every interview, really annoys me. That mom is going to have her hands full.

The rude blonde who stuck her tongue out is another one. At least her mom tried to give her good advice about the other girls, but she didn't seemed phased with her daughter's Miley Cyrus impersonation on stage. The girls have youth/inexperience as excuses for some of their bad behaviors, but these grown ups sure don't. It doesn't look good!

Oh, heavens, don't get me started. I loathe Miley Cyrus, and so I was not impressed with Lillyann trying to copy her. With that and her mean girl behavior, I thought it was funny that she came in last for that challenge. And I'm glad Yolanda criticized her.

I did feel a little sorry for her this week. For years I wore green contacts because I thought they would make me look prettier. Why in the heck was Lillyann's mom letting her do that? And dye her hair? What a terrible message to send your daughter! Again, I'm glad Yolanda busted her and made her change back. And yeah, I agree that when I look at her I think "tomboy" or "cheerleader", not "model".

Having said that, I will add that I kind of agree with Lillyann about Mackenzie. I feel sorry for the latter for having her anxiety condition, I truly do. But if I were cooped up in the house with Mackenzie all the time, I think it would get a little old hearing about it. And pulling Bella aside just so you could use her as a therapist? I wouldn't like that, either.

Was it Mikayla's mother who was uncomfortable with this week's beach photo shoot? There's where I disagreed with Yolanda. I also thought it was not appropriate. Call me the oldest of old fogeys, but I just did not like seeing these young girls running around in bikinis like Sports Illustrated models. Same thing with the sleeve-off-the-shoulder thing. You can see adult models doing that in many fashion magazines, so I totally read a sexy vibe into it. Good on mom for speaking up again!

I do wonder, though, why she is allowing her daughter to go through with this. The entire modeling business is about sex, at least when you grow up. Why would any mother steer her daughter into that? And that's not counting the pressure to stay skinny, which is alive and well. If you're watching Project Runway, then you know on the last season they made a big deal about bringing in plus-sized models. Now they're into All-Stars, and we're back to rail thin models. So much for positive messages.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Surprisingly, I'm really liking this show more than I thought I would. Never watched any Real Housewives show, so didn't know much about Yolanda beforehand, but really liking her forthrightness in general. Some of the girls are annoying (Lilyan, Mackenzie, and Breanna), but some have real potential (Athena and Mikayla). I'm vested enough to keep watching this season to see how it progresses.
    Lizard and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dzigner View Post
    Surprisingly, I'm really liking this show more than I thought I would. Never watched any Real Housewives show, so didn't know much about Yolanda beforehand, but really liking her forthrightness in general. Some of the girls are annoying (Lilyan, Mackenzie, and Breanna), but some have real potential (Athena and Mikayla). I'm vested enough to keep watching this season to see how it progresses.

Same here! I don't watch much reality TV, so I had never heard of her before this. I had to google her. :

This week I thought she was a tad bit harsh with the girls. They're just pre-teens; I wouldn't expect them to know much about the business.

I thought Yolanda was totally right in calling out the mothers, though. You're hoping that this company will represent your daughter in a multibillion dollar, cutthroat industry and you can't think of a single thing to say? Really? How hard would it have been to google the company the night before, the way most job applicants do?

I'm also glad Yolanda made that new girl wash the crud off her face. My stars, it made her look younger. I felt kind of sorry for her. It's kind of sad that, like Lilyann, she thinks that she has to dress that way to impress people. I wonder if Carrington and Lilyann will clash since they share those same tendencies?
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I too like the show.

Itís not the over the top drama like ANTM.
    The girls and their moms are pretty normal.

She picked the one with the highest liklihood of success. She already looks like a future Sports Illustrated of VS model. Also, that mother had more drive....five kids and a husband at home, she needs a payday.
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

+ Reply to Thread