+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Growing Up Supermodel Wednesdays (Lifetime)

Growing Up Supermodel Wednesdays (Lifetime)

This series just started and I caught the 1st episode on demand.

Cairo Peele, daughter of Beverly Peele is remarkably beautiful. Her mom looks unwell. She was pregnant when they filemed this, so I hope she and the baby are okay.

I feel badly for Ricky Schroeders kids and spouse. They are separated and divorcing after 25 years.

Some of the next gen models seem more into their phones than anything else. 😀

Re: growing up supermodel

What network/day and time for this series?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: growing up supermodel

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    What network/day and time for this series?
    Good point arielflies!
    It's on Wednesdays on Lifetime.
    Here is a link.
    Growing Up Supermodel Full Episodes, Video & More | Lifetime

Re: Growing Up Supermodel Wednesdays (Lifetime)

I feel like the word "supermodel" is being used awfully loosely lately.

It feels like like "social media model" to me. Very few of these "models" actually look like a model. I guess it's more about sm presence than fashion Yes, the Hadid sisters and Kendall Jenner are also kids of celebrities, but they're also genuinely models.

The common theme with a lot of these kids seems to be absent fathers.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

LeBrock (?) had a good point when she said back then supermodels had their own lips, *it*s and hair.....though, I question the second one. LOL. However, it's rare for a random girl/boy to be 'discovered' in a mall somewhere as opposed to connections she or he may have? Today, look at Gigi Haddad (sp) and Kendall Jenner. Would they be models if not for their famous families? Oh, and airbrushing, which may have been minimal 'back in the day', but it definitely existed.

For the record, not knocking 'help', though the airbrushing has been out of control. I wear hair extensions without shame and have no issues with botox when the time comes.
    "A goal without a timeline is simply a dream" Robert Herjavec

How sad is it that the kids seem much more mature then the mothers? Cambrie, in particular, seems to have WAY more of a handle on the whole family situation than her mother, who behaves more like a teenager. I think she and Ricky got married very young, so she's likely never had to take care of herself. Having lots of money means you don't actually have to take care of yourself: you can just hire someone. Ricky doesn't seem all that mature either. He doesn't like LA, so he's just going to leave, even though his two daughters are there and need him? Oh, and he barely bothers to tell them he's moving! It is sort of horrifying to me that a 20 year old has three years worth of $1500/mo rent already in the bank. I guess being an IG model pays.

For someone who claims she got out of show business because she didn't like the attention, Kelly LeBrock sure seems to need adoration from people. It's all very, "Enough of me talking about myself. What do YOU think of me?" Kind of annoying.

Then there's Beverly, who's having another kid and seems completely unconcerned that Cairo is probably going to be taking care of it.....or some nanny.

Krista seems pretty present for Jake though. I always liked her.

Like I mentioned upthread, the theme here seems to be absent fathers. So many of these kids seems to barely see their dads.
    woodiedog likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    How sad is it that the kids seem much more mature then the mothers? Cambrie, in particular, seems to have WAY more of a handle on the whole family situation than her mother, who behaves more like a teenager. I think she and Ricky got married very young, so she's likely never had to take care of herself. Having lots of money means you don't actually have to take care of yourself: you can just hire someone. Ricky doesn't seem all that mature either. He doesn't like LA, so he's just going to leave, even though his two daughters are there and need him? Oh, and he barely bothers to tell them he's moving! It is sort of horrifying to me that a 20 year old has three years worth of $1500/mo rent already in the bank. I guess being an IG model pays.

For someone who claims she got out of show business because she didn't like the attention, Kelly LeBrock sure seems to need adoration from people. It's all very, "Enough of me talking about myself. What do YOU think of me?" Kind of annoying.

Then there's Beverly, who's having another kid and seems completely unconcerned that Cairo is probably going to be taking care of it.....or some nanny.

Krista seems pretty present for Jake though. I always liked her.

Like I mentioned upthread, the theme here seems to be absent fathers. So many of these kids seems to barely see their dads.
    Totally agree, Critical. And all of what you and jenniferboston1 have said in your last 2 posts makes me totally uncomfortable watching this show. I could barely get through the first episode. Is it just me, or do dysfunctional families these days seem even MORE dysfunctional than dysfunctional families used to be?
    woodiedog likes this.

So they are having I phone photo sessions
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

Kelly Lebrock gave good advice to Arrisa to not talk about her dad.

Schroeder's wife is right to try to monitor her 15 year olds. The Schroeder kids talking are mildly annoying.
    woodiedog likes this.
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

The whole Schroeder clan irks me! The mom is relying on her daughter for emotional support, Ricky is starting over, sans family, the girls are acting like stupid valley girls. I'm sick to death of the "you're so pretty". I hope they get serious, go to college, and have successful careers that don't involve instagram.
    Lizard likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast