+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: The Spouse House

FORT Newbie

The Spouse House

Hello all, I'm new here, this is just my second post, but I've read a few for various shows I watch.

Is anyone watching The Spouse House?
    I've been to the puppet show and seen the strings.

Re: The Spouse House

I am. That woman who is 39 and desperate to have a baby/get married scares me.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Roz

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

dancinfool, I'm not watching that one (which channel is it on?), but I wanted to welcome you to FORT.

"I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye." Dr. Who (10th doctor and my favorite)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    dancinfool, I'm not watching that one (which channel is it on?), but I wanted to welcome you to FORT.

It's on TLC on Sunday nights after 90 Day Fiance (so it's on at 10pm EST).

I started watching last week just to see how it would be (admittedly, I used to be hooked to the raunchy Fox reality shows back in the day and this reminded me of those). I agree that Missy (the 39 year old) is scary. But it was irritating me that some of the guys are acting like they are hot stuff because two women are interested in them. I get that you want to get to know everyone before making some type of decision, but going back and forth between two women is only going to lead to the women deciding they are taking themselves out of the picture completely.

FORT Newbie

Thanks for the welcome, Brooks. I see someone already answered channel - TLC.

FORT Newbie

Oh yes....Missy. IMO, she's completely obnoxious in too many ways to count! I can't imagine any man wanting to spend a lifetime with that personality. I don't think she's really good looking, either. If she doesn't get "evicted" soon, I'll be surprised.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by dancinfool View Post
    Oh yes....Missy. IMO, she's completely obnoxious in too many ways to count! I can't imagine any man wanting to spend a lifetime with that personality. I don't think she's really good looking, either. If she doesn't get "evicted" soon, I'll be surprised.
    I could see some really amazingly powerful men being drawn to her --- but there don't seem to be any men of that caliber in this group.

I liked the first episode more than I thought I would, except I couldn't believe the eviction twist. I would've preferred that instead, they'd give the group the full amount of time to get to know each other and spend time with each other --- but I guess that isn't exciting enough for the audience, these days.

And WELCOME to FORT dancinfool!

I hardly ever watch anything on TLC, so I wouldn't have known about this show if posters here hadn't been posting about it. I'm going to have to check OnDemand to find the episodes. The concept seems okay, but the name is pretty awful, IMO. Maybe I'm just not a fan of the word "spouse." Spouse House.....mouse.....louse.....

ETA: I watched the first episode and just started the second. OMG, agreed with the rest of you about Missy. She's horrid. And so unaware of how she's coming across.

The concept of the show is pretty awful, IMO. I mean, it is slightly like Bachelor in Paradise, but at least those people aren't forced to make decisions about getting engaged after having only known each other for a day or so ( on BIP they just have to pair up until the end, right?).

I find Tom super creepy. Why are TWO women even remotely interested in him? Jimmy is probably more physically my type, but he seems a bit flighty.

I'll probably continue to watch, but I find the show a little creepy. It seems more like a bunch of people looking to hookup, only they claim to want to get married.
    Last edited by Critical; 07-18-2017 at 07:46 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I hardly ever watch anything on TLC, so I wouldn't have known about this show if posters here hadn't been posting about it. I'm going to have to check OnDemand to find the episodes. The concept seems okay, but the name is pretty awful, IMO. Maybe I'm just not a fan of the word "spouse." Spouse House.....mouse.....louse.....

ETA: I watched the first episode and just started the second. OMG, agreed with the rest of you about Missy. She's horrid. And so unaware of how she's coming across.

The concept of the show is pretty awful, IMO. I mean, it is slightly like Bachelor in Paradise, but at least those people aren't forced to make decisions about getting engaged after having only known each other for a day or so ( on BIP they just have to pair up until the end, right?).

I find Tom super creepy. Why are TWO women even remotely interested in him? Jimmy is probably more physically my type, but he seems a bit flighty.

I'll probably continue to watch, but I find the show a little creepy. It seems more like a bunch of people looking to hookup, only they claim to want to get married.
    Oh, I think the show is terrible, but as I think I mentioned, it reminds me a lot of those old Fox reality shows. They were so bad and raunchy, but I was hooked. They were a train wreck, but I couldn't turn away...lol.

I don't believe for one minute that this show is legit, but it's fun to watch the drama and the cattiness.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast