+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Boy Band (ABC, summer 2017)

Boy Band (ABC, summer 2017)

This was announced at the ABC Upfronts this week - premieres Thursday June 22nd. We'll decide if it should get a full upper-tier forum as we get closer to the premiere.

‘Boy Band’: Rita Ora To Host ABC Singing Competition; Backstreet Boy & Spice Girl Also Aboard

by Erik Pedersen
    May 16, 2017 2:30pm

British singer-actress Rita Ora is set to host ABC’s summer singing competition series Boy Band, ABC Entertainment President Channing Dungey said at the network’s upfront today in Manhattan. Backstreet Boys’ Nick Carter and Spice Girls veteran Emma Bunton will serve on the show as “architects” — experts who will guide contestants throughout their journey to potential stardom.

In the series, undiscovered young talent from around the country battle it out for a spot in America’s next great boy band . The 10-episode series will chronicle the journey of young male vocalists who will compete for a chance to show the world that they have what it takes to join the group, which receive a recording contract with Hollywood Records.

Each episode will feature a different theme, and the architects will shuffle contestants to find the best combination of voices to perform, live. Architects will critique each band’s performance and collectively determine two contestants who are up for elimination. After the guys perform solo “survival” songs, viewers at home will vote for their favorite to remain in the competition. Winners will be announced during the finale, and they will perform their brand-new single together for the first time.

Boy Band is produced by Matador Content, with. Todd Lubin, Jay Peterson, Jane Mun and Joel Relampagos serving as executive producers.

ABC has been searching for a singing franchise for several years, with Duets and Rising Stars among the unsuccessful attempts. Of course, it hopes to have solved that problem with the revival of American Idol, which will launch next season. ABC also used its upfront presentation today to announce tweaks to the Idol format for the relaunch.
    Do You Want to Be in a Boy Band? - ABC News

Boy Band | ABC Press
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Boy Band (ABC, summer 2017)

I really enjoy the singing and dancing competition shows, and this one looks like it could be fun to watch!
    Thanks for the heads-up, MFWalkoff!

Boy Band

Anybody watch? I thought it was a very entertaining show. Liked the boys, liked the judging panel and liked Rita Ora as the host.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Re: Boy Band

They were all so cute. I was surprised they let the tall, white guy stay as he looked awkward in the group dance, but good luck to him.

Oooh,The Architects as the name for the the three putting the groups together and judging for the eliminations. I went, HUH? They were good though...it seemed a sort of cross between The Voice and American Idol with a bit Sing Off thrown in at the end.

The first put together group had their first elimination last night and over the next two weeks the other two groups will face elimination of one member. Then the TV audience gets to vote on future eliminations.

I liked it. There is a voice instructor, a music instructor and dance instructors (Nappy Tabs from SYTYCD). Good, mellow boy band voices - go guys.
    tinderbox and Imperfect1 like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I missed this! This looks like the silly entertainment I adore!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I liked it! Through the years I've always enjoyed the shows that put singing groups together --- and my favorites were the P Diddy "Making the Band" series that put 'Danity Kane" and 'O Town' together. They were both great bands, and I wish they had lasted a lot longer than they did!

Here, I think that most of the 18 guys that were chosen have great potential, so I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

Anyone watch tonight?

Hmm, mine didn't record and I now remember football was on ABC here last night. I hope it's scheduled to air sometime this weekend.

liver spotted hands Realitychick's Avatar

Mine didn't record either. Annoying.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Just checked, and for me it is airing Saturday at 2:30 AM (so tonight at 2:30 in the morning)
    Realitychick likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast