+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Survivor: New Zealand

Survivor: New Zealand

Game Changers is almost over, but the New Zealand version of Survivor is just starting. Is anyone else watching?

I get shades of the early seasons with over-strategizing and villainry being taboo, and was glad to see the superfan and self-proclaimed villain Dee get voted out first. Izzy, who stole from the other team during the marooning was interesting though, the difference being a villain/strategist with actions, rather than words. If you watched a lot of American Survivor, you probably realized that the two people being voted out were going to Redemption Island, especially since he kept saying the votees were "out of the tribe" but never the game.

The prize is the smallest we've seen yet on Survivor, just $100,000 NZD which is about $69,000 USD.
    TheWinman likes this.
    Pools I'm running: Survivor: (Due Oct 4)
    Pool History:
    Masterchef 5: Cutting Board Game Hunters: Second to Last
    Survivor: San Juan Del Sur - 200k DNA - Pool Winner; Kaoh Rong - Fourth Place
    Hell's Kitchen 7 - The Boulevard of Frozen Dreams - Wooden Pitchfork

FORT Newbie

Re: Survivor: New Zealand

Yep, watching​

Sent from my RCT6303W87M7 using Tapatalk

FORT Newbie

I just started watching today, I'm on episode 4, will be caught up by tomorrow evening. lol So far no immunity idols in the game. The breakdown of episodes is different. THere is not a reward challenge or immunity challenge on every episode, one or the other. Mixed in with a redemption island challenge. Seems more like oldschool Survivor!!! Its the same show, same rules etc. Even the host looks like Jeff Im watching it on Kodi.

It's funny how the supply situation is working out just like the last American season in NI - one tribe loses challenges but has plenty of supplies, the other wins challenges but runs out of stuff.
    TheWinman likes this.
    Pool History:

FORT Newbie

I found the reward challenge when it still was 5 members the first time on each tribe interesting. Only 1 tribe member on each team played in the challenge. Don't think​ I ever saw that before

Sent from my RCT6303W87M7 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TheWinman; 06-07-2017 at 08:56 AM.

FORT Newbie

oh man, an immunity challenge at tribal right after the vote!!!!! wow Can't wait for the next episode

A tadster off topic, but when we were in Athens, Greece in April, the Greek version of Survivor was on TV practically 24/7. We even stopped at a little mountainside restaurant while hiking with our group one day, and the little old ladies in their shawls were sitting there prepping artichokes for dinner while watching Survivor! The quality of the production was nothing like the U.S. version, and I noticed that all the women had on modest shorts and athletic tops, rather than the bikinis & underwear that we see here. While on the ferryboats going from Greek island to Greek island--you guessed it--big screen TVs in the lounges were all showing Survivor.
    TheWinman likes this.

FORT Newbie

Production for New Zealand is up to par. Some things I did notice. I've seen contestant(s) with the following. Spoons, pen, plus they all water bottles (insulated bottles made to look like some bamboo bottle). They all just go to the water source and fill the bottles up with nice cool water whenever they feel.

I wonder if Mikey picked two women to share the cake because he knew they wouldn't eat as much as the guys? I think the game might be all over for the boys' club alliance, the rest of the tribe seems pretty deadset on picking them off, and them probably voting them out again as soon as one of them comes back from RI.

I can understand them getting a little more assistance - the grand prize is only 7% of the American version.
    Pool History:

FORT Newbie

I'm rooting for Shay! She is confidant as heck and is sort of on her own most of the time, but survives. Shannon and Sala would be good deserving winners. I think Sala should play American Survivor, would be a fan favorite!!
    Badseed likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast