7 Little Johnstons

Starting this thread for Skechers.
    momrek06 likes this.
    I'm Paula.

Re: 7 Little Johnstons

7 Little Johnstons!

https://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/7-little-johnstons/about

Tuesdays on TLC.

In some ways, The Johnstons are an average American family of seven, pursuing the American dream: They live and work in rural Georgia, and are transforming a fixer-upper into their dream home all by themselves. However, this is no ordinary family --they are the largest known family of little people in the world.

All seven Johnstons have Achondroplasia Dwarfism, a genetic condition that affects their size. Dad, Trent, and mom, Amber, have a total of five kids under the age of 16: Jonah and Elizabeth, their biological kids, as well as three adopted children, Anna from Russia, Alex from South Korea, and Emma from China. Juggling the demands of a family of seven while living in your dream home that is being renovated because it's a fixer-upper is anything but easy, but the Johnstons are up for the challenge.
    KAREN

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

I must admit, I've never watched this show. But given the description posted by momrek, it almost sounds like all they need is someone who weighs 600 pounds to make this a compendium of all the current reality shows.
    libgirl2 and aramcobrat like this.
    I'm Paula.

This is the second season of this show...and they're so obnoxious! Especially Alex. He gets on my last nerve. All that kid does is eat and complain and scream! I watch all the little people shows, but this is my least fav. I'll watch til something better comes on in that time slot.

FORT Fogey

I like this family A LOT because they're self-sufficient and independent. They don't even believe in modifications (except in driving) because "they have to live in the real world, and that's not modified." The dad works a real, full-time job with the city and is a strong husband and father, the mother is quiet and calm and nurturing, they're renovating a ginormous house doing all the work themselves, they require their kids to do chores and discipline them when necessary, they struggle financially and save up for purchases (even furniture to sit on!), the parents obviously love and respect each other and communicate well, and they admit that they're not perfect. What a refreshing change from both LPBW with their marital sniping and lazy, entitled kids and TLC with Ice Queen Jen Arnold and her out-of-control prince and princess! I love the different personalities of each of the kids and how they work together as a family unit. Check it out.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife View Post
    This is the second season of this show...and they're so obnoxious! Especially Alex. He gets on my last nerve. All that kid does is eat and complain and scream! I watch all the little people shows, but this is my least fav. I'll watch til something better comes on in that time slot.
    I think Alex is "the comic relief" on the show; I have to admit I find myself laughing out loud at some of the things he says, and the family really enjoys him. He might be a tad spoiled, especially by his mother, but that's probably because of a combination of his entertaining personality, ongoing serious health issues, and the fact that he's the baby of the family and Amber would like to have adopted more kids.

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    I think Alex is "the comic relief" on the show; I have to admit I find myself laughing out loud at some of the things he says, and the family really enjoys him. He might be a tad spoiled, especially by his mother, but that's probably because of a combination of his entertaining personality, ongoing serious health issues, and the fact that he's the baby of the family and Amber would like to have adopted more kids.
    I don't think acting like a brat is funny at all! He uses his health issues to get his way and be obnoxious.

FORT Fogey

I'll admit that the parents indulge him too much and Amber, in particular, coddles and babies him. Almost in a creepy way! But that and Trent's occasional potty mouth are my only complaints with this family; there's more good than bad.

FORT Fogey

Is anyone else watching this? Okay, I'll go a step further after seeing the brain surgery episode and say that if Amber doesn't stop infantilizing Alex after this procedure fixes his medical problems, I'm going to get annoyed... They claim to emphasize independence and self-sufficiency in the raising of their children, yet he's ten years old and she continues to pick him up to put him in bed and put on his shoes for him as if he's still two? And please stop rubbing his hair all the time... That's beginning to creep me out a little bit!

I suspect Alex has some developmental delays, along with his dwarfism. Alex doesn't act 10 and Amber treats him like he's much younger. Alex and Emma are both 10 but there is a huge difference in the maturity between the 2 of them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast