+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Return To Amish

Return To Amish

New season of Return to Amish 2017 is starting up today April 30, 2017.

5 Things to Know About the New Season of Return to Amish | TLCme | TLC

5 Things to Know About the New Season of Return To Amish

A new season of Return to Amish is coming to TLC, and the gang is back to deal with life's biggest trials.

The new season premieres on Sunday, April 30th at 8/7c to follow the lives of Mary, Abe, Rebecca, Sabrina, Jeremiah and Carmela. The gang is still learning that after leaving their Amish community behind, life doesn't get any easier.

Here's 5 things you'll see this season:

Mary goes wild. After an elder denies her access to her own father's funeral, Mary decides to try the English activities she's always resisted. But will her husband Chester get caught between his wife and his community?

Sabrina's struggles to keep her family together. A pregnant Sabrina prepares for her second child while in a renewed custody battle for her daughter Oakley.

Rebecca's ready to be an independent woman. Against Abe's wishes, Rebecca seeks to get her GED, sparking tension between the two.

Tension between the newlyweds. Jeremiah and Carmela find themselves struggling with their marriage as they try to move cross country and start their own family.

Finally, will the friends ever reunite? The group is as splintered as ever, and now Mary is taking it upon herself to bring everyone back together as the strong family they once were.

Get ready for the premiere by catching up from the very beginning. Full episodes of Return to Amish are available now on TLC GO.
    Punkin and angelic_one2002 like this.

Re: Return To Amish

I only watched the catch up. Gosh the whole thing..catch up and new series was five hours long. wowser.

Anybody else happen to watch the show? There was a two hour catch up then a three hour show. I watched it all.

Jeremiah and Carmela are now playing a big part but he's still a wild card. They sell donuts at fairs during the Summer months. They are trying to make us believe they made enough money to buy two properties in Florida. Right and the moon is made of cheese.

They are using network money that both of them are making doing the show. But they better be careful because Jeremiah has a short fuse and nobody in the world tolerates Domestic Violence. He's been horrible to all the women on the show and gotten away with it but now the hitting of his wife. Going down.

Mary is still Mary. The show shines a light on Mary as the anchor in their little 'family' but also make her a wild card. I don't think they need to make Mary wild. She fits the anchor role so much better.

Rebecca and Abe seem a bit more settled but Abe as a long haul truck driver to support his family leaves Rebecca with a lot of time on her hands when he's gone. Sigh. I'm curious about the child she had before she married Abe. Only heard about a daughter but never saw her. Strange.

Kate seems to be out. I'm kind of surprised because living in NY and doing an internship is expensive and doesn't pay well. She needs money to follow her dream. I think Kate will find out that she was hired for the internship not because of her talents but because it was good publicity for the designer. Don't leave your day job Kate!!!

That takes us to Sabrina. They have taken her child again and she is expecting another one with the same guy. She explains something far fetched but I think she's back into drugs again. I hope the baby is ok and here she is planning a home birth so CPS doesn't know when the baby is born. That little baby might need some special care if drugs were taken during pregnancy. Wake up Sabrina.

I love all things Amish so this show fits right into my line up!

I'm planning on catching up on this show too, jeanne. I found it interesting when I did watch it a couple seasons ago. Thanks for the info though, to get caught up a bit.
    jeanne likes this.
    "Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen." ~ Orhan Pamuk

Never realized how uneducated the Amish are. I can't believe Jeremiah didn't have that property checked out before he bought it. Also wouldn't they have a case against the Realtor for not disclosing that the property was swamp land and couldn't be developed. Sabrina is def hiding something. She's either using or selling drugs. Sounds like she just wants a home birth cause she's planning on running off with the baby. I don't know what to say about Mary. Her "healthy" pies and cookies had me rolling. No wonder she's so overweight, she has no idea what healthy is.
    Kicksave1052 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife View Post
    Never realized how uneducated the Amish are. I can't believe Jeremiah didn't have that property checked out before he bought it. Also wouldn't they have a case against the Realtor for not disclosing that the property was swamp land and couldn't be developed. Sabrina is def hiding something. She's either using or selling drugs. Sounds like she just wants a home birth cause she's planning on running off with the baby. I don't know what to say about Mary. Her "healthy" pies and cookies had me rolling. No wonder she's so overweight, she has no idea what healthy is.
    I was thinking the same thing about the property. In my state the owners fill out a disclosure statement. I would think in Florida with sink holes that would be on it.

Then again the realtors surely know swamp land.

We also can have an inspection by an inspector specializing in most things that we pay for.

But I'm thinking Jeremiah seems to think he knows it all so he probably didn't even read it or hire one. Sigh.
    He surely didn't listen to his wife!

Know it all got himself in $$ trouble. He needs to go back to school. He is rude to everybody with his thinking he needs to tell it like it is.

Did he really think Kate would show up at his wedding? Really after the way he talked to her at Mary's house during her last visit. Shame on him.
    Punkin likes this.

I just don't like any of these people anymore. The only one I find interesting and stable is Kate and she's smart enough to be gone from this troop of losers. It was fun to watch earlier when they were wide eyed 'strangers in a strange land'. But now I just don't care. I watched the new show and it seemed to just go on and on, and when I checked how much longer it was and saw 3 hours!, I just shut it down. Enough! I'm outta' here.
    Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife View Post
    Its odd, because I have heard when it comes to money dealings, they are very, very thorough in making sure everything is on the up and up.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I just don't like any of these people anymore. The only one I find interesting and stable is Kate and she's smart enough to be gone from this troop of losers. It was fun to watch earlier when they were wide eyed 'strangers in a strange land'. But now I just don't care. I watched the new show and it seemed to just go on and on, and when I checked how much longer it was and saw 3 hours!, I just shut it down. Enough! I'm outta' here.
    Yes I'm sure a lot of people are turned off by them. But I just love all things Amish...I do so having a program that shows the Amish living, houses, big butt horses just touches my heart. I loved when Mary made the Amish meals for Carmela.

Sigh...I'm hooked for the duration.

Beverly Lewis, Cindy Woodsmall authors and of course Witness and Plain Truth favorite movies and books.

Of the original 5, here are my favorite's in order from most to least.

1. Kate: I don't blame you for not participating this season. Good luck in your career.

2. Abe: Meh. You bore me.

3. Sabrina: Quit whining. Pull yourself together. Be a fit parent.

4. Jeremiah: Neanderthal husband. Glad you bought a swamp. I feel sorry for your wife.
    5. Rebecca: You've been pretty tame so far this season, but I know your claws will be coming out soon. I. Cannot. Stand. You.
    Punkin and Imperfect1 like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast