+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Married at First Sight-Second Chances

Re: Married at First Sight-Second Chances

I admit I gave Ashley a huge amount of grief while she was married to David. Well now seeing how dull David is, I almost get why she was such a wet blanket about the entire thing. He was definitely edited as energetic and trying while she was given the eye rolling/snotty girl edit. I'm not saying she wasn't, but I will say I'm doing my share of eye rolling and saying snotty things while watching David muddle through this disaster.
    jeanne likes this.
    Wag more, bark less

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632 View Post
    I admit I gave Ashley a huge amount of grief while she was married to David. Well now seeing how dull David is, I almost get why she was such a wet blanket about the entire thing. He was definitely edited as energetic and trying while she was given the eye rolling/snotty girl edit. I'm not saying she wasn't, but I will say I'm doing my share of eye rolling and saying snotty things while watching David muddle through this disaster.
    I agree only on him being dull part. Ashley flat out was not interested from the moment she laid eyes on him. It would not have mattered if he was the world's best conversationalist, she was not even giving him a chance.

I would guess Ashley watched David sweat once and that was enough for her. He was NOT her knight in shining armor. One thing though she didn't lead him on. She kind of let him know from the get go they were not going to be a couple. He tried hard and honestly Ashley made David look and sound good. Sigh.
    Jamie5632 likes this.

Based on this show and David's Season Ashley wasn't ever attracted to him and was cold and distant but it seems like that is David's Type. The people he is attracted to is clearly the cold and distant or the hard to get. I loved that he had an actually conversation with Isabella and sees that they are clearly in to different places in their life. He needs to actually do this more and stop kissing all the women.

Quote Originally Posted by mika06 View Post
    Based on this show and David's Season Ashley wasn't ever attracted to him and was cold and distant but it seems like that is David's Type. The people he is attracted to is clearly the cold and distant or the hard to get. I loved that he had an actually conversation with Isabella and sees that they are clearly in to different places in their life. He needs to actually do this more and stop kissing all the women.
    Having said that, he is clearly thinking with the wrong body part. I understand if the attraction wasn't as strong with Jordan, but he never really bothered to get to know her. I know there have been many times when I wasn't initially attracted to someone, but once I got to know them, I found them quite attractive. Looking for just the physical is not going to help him find a happy relationship.
    Last edited by Critical; 06-09-2017 at 05:22 AM. Reason: fixed broken quote tag
    mika06 likes this.

I feel like David's choice is clear: Tara. They know and like each other and already share The others are either not right for him, like Isabella, who wants to live abroad, or they're not that into him, like Melika (sp?). He's clearly not a good judge of who's right for him and is going for looks and who he's physically attracted to. Melika doesn't even seem like she wants to be there! My mom and I were joking that there must have been a line somewhere of women waiting to sign up to be on the show and she got in it thinking it was for a free manicure.

I think Vanessa's much more level headed in her choices. Miles is probably the closest to my type and seems like the least likely to be a player, but maybe he's not right for Vanessa I like Andre, but he needs to cut that blonde puffball off his head. It's ridiculous. I don't think I could take him seriously. It looks like a Muppet.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Is anyone else still watching? And wanting to reach through the TV and smack David upside the head? I mean, how much clearer do things need to be for him? I never understood why he felt like he and Melika had this great connection. She seems to barely tolerate him. Either she's on mood stabilizers or she just doesn't care. I've never seen anyone so non-committal and bland on a dating show. Maybe he's just using the wrong picker, so to speak. This would explain why he's single. Even the experts seem exasperated with him.

Seriously, he calls Tara the "safe choice"? This isn't a fantasy football league. He's had a thing for this woman on and off for years and now that she's right there in front of him and the timing is right, she isn't so great? If he picks someone else then she definitely deserves better. Oh, and Isabella? She's how any years younger than he is and isn't she the one who said she wants to live abroad for a while, presumably before settling down?

Neil from last season doesn't seem to be David's biggest fan. His Twitter is hilarious:
    https://twitter.com/Neil_MAFS?ref_sr...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

IMO, Vanessa needs to pick Myles over Andre, after eliminating Shannon. There's no contest. Myles' IG (@mobilemyles) is amazing, BTW. So many cool pics and so nice ones of him too.
    karna68, Yardgnome, mika06 and 2 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm with you on wanting to reach through and smack David. He is so completely oblivious. He wants to e in a relationship so badly with someone that he is very sexually attracted to that he doesn't give a hoot about a mental connection. He's seeing something that's not there because it fits his narrative. I'm curious, does Melika back out of the experiment completely or does David finally realize she really isn't into him? I'm guessing it's the former and he's going to try to save face by all of the sudden being so into Tara and Isabella. He's an idiot and I hope neither of those two end up with him.

As far as Vanessa, I think her and Myles have the best connection (neither one of them seems to have much of a sense of humor....Dre and Shannon on the other hand, seem to be funny and lively), but I think she's going to factor his mother and sister into the equation and let him go. And I was surprised to hear her father is bi-racial, but I'm still not so sure she's ok marrying a white man (moreso because of her friends and family...I do think she is actually into him).
    KTinCT likes this.

Melika is like braindead...what David sees in her, I cannot fathom.
    Love Vanessa and Miles together, though! And did you see the look on Vanessa's face when Dre was smacking his food at the dining table? Ha!

I think Dave better stick with Tara. She has stood by him for several years already and will need to do the same until social media finally settles down over his ridiculously stubborn blinders.
    In the beginning was the WORD. Without definition there was nothing. We define the words.

+ Reply to Thread