+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Married at First Sight-Second Chances

Re: Married at First Sight-Second Chances

50 was way too much and I personally felt that night one they could have cut it down to a good 15 people and I would have been very fine with it. Especially when there are only 1 or 2 actual people I can see David and Vanessa with and some of the people on the show are obviously plants or people out for fame.

I find myself fast forwarding through the group dates like I do with the Bachelor/Bachelorette.
    Roz

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by rozzie17 View Post
    I find myself fast forwarding through the group dates like I do with the Bachelor/Bachelorette.
    The group dates are crazy I see like 2 or 3 people that are actually here for David and Vanessa. The others are clearly drama driven to make the show something other then it is. Which is probably how it ended up on lifetime. FYI was always more Documentary or Docudrama style.

Oh my this is a real snooze fest. David is boring me to death and I can see why his 'first' wife just was not interested. Heck he doesn't even have a clue what to say to most of these women. I bet production is pulling their hair out with him. Then the boxing competition and David is sweating like a pig. Nasty. He apologized for it. Really...guys sweat in the gym...they do but that dude was dripping.

Vanessa is more interesting but darn I haven't picked one of the guys I would want to date. The one that came at her for a kiss with those teeth showing until the final second...euuuu. The policeman really likes control and Vanessa is not that woman. The fellow with the blond top hair is starting to annoy me and the one guy that left early for some kind of practice..really.

I'm not sure either of these two will find love on this show. They might need a third chance. LOL

I could not believe it when they said one would be eliminated each week. There are ten left..please tell me this is NOT going on for 9 more weeks. Gaaaaa

I'm an episode behind, but I have to agree - BORING! Neither of them have strong enough personalities to carry this show. They're both very nice, but that's not enough to be the center of this much attention.

Maybe the producers will realize they've got a dud on their hands and start doing double (or triple......quadruple?) eliminations each episode!

There are a few of Vanessa's guys who I think seem nice, but none of them really stand out. David may have two or three good matches, but he keeps paying attention to the bitchy one. Like they always do!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm just now watching last week's episode and good grief, it seems like with every other woman, David claims that she's the one he has the strongest connection with. He's SO wishy washy. I really wanted him to call Maya's bluff and send her home, a la Chris Soules (who I generally didn't like, aside from his tendency to send girls home who were being manipulative and trying to get him to beg them to stay). Her snobby ranting about how she's on another level from the other girls was such a turn off.

Of David's group of ladies I like Isabella, the one he was almost matched with on MAFS (Jordan?) and the girl he knew before the show.

Is it me or is there even more bitchiness and "she's not here for the right reasons" nonsense than we've seen before? I mean, there's always a bit of that, but it seems like every conversation David has devolves into a bitch session from the girls about Maya or from Maya about the girls. I hope he eventually grows a backbone and shuts down that nonsense. It's tiring to watch. I'm sure he's tired of it too.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I totally agree Critical there is no reason for Maya to be there she is controlling and he knows it but I feel like he is keeping her there because she's cute because I can't see what he's attracted to personality wise same with Melika(sp) they both need to go. I hated that they made it like a competition to kiss David and hated it that he didn't see it.

I also agree with you that I only like Isabella, Jordan and Tara (The Girl he knew before). Again they should have narrowed it down from 50 to 15 the 1st episode and then let them get to know 5 people and go from there.

I also agree that they are not showing enough of Vanessa's guys so that we can get their personalities. Shannon seems ok but is a goof but maybe she needs that she is pretty serious. Andre I really like him except his hair. Nathan is way too traditional or male chauvinist for her also interacting with on Twitter seems like a cool guy just not for her so he needs to go. The other guys I cant tell yet. I like Miles but we really haven't seen him in like 2 episodes now.

SO glad Maya is gone, but not for David's lack of trying. Jeez, grow a backbone, dude. If she wants to leave, let her!

Ditto for "I'm not a chauvinist" chauvinistic Nathan. Sometimes, when people react badly it doesn't mean they misunderstood you: it's means they understood you perfectly!

At least they had to get rid of two people this round. That's one less episode to suffer through than we thought! Fingers crossed for another double elimination next week!

I guess FYI/Lifetime doesn't have the budget to put these people up in a house during filming and maybe the participants can't take that much time from their lives, but it's still odd. What's with people showing up late for dates or just not showing up at all? I guess it's more like real life

Last nights episode

Vanessa:

While I liked Nathan in general but he was a jerk to Vanessa he clearly was not on the same page with her and she had every right to kick him to curb. What he said to her and about her was uncalled for and kind shows what type of person he is. I don't know who she will let go next but I'm thinking it's Chris he act like a complete teenager around her and not in a good way. I am still loving Myles, Zach why would you hide that your an actor unless it means something, Shannon is really goofy and I still can't figure out if Vanessa like it or not. All in all I am happy with how Vanessa is handling her dating situation I think she is making good choices.

David:
    Ding Dong Maya is gone. Good Riddance she was intent on Monopolizing David. Now I have a feeling that he is going to let go of Jordan which I'm annoyed at but if there is no chemistry there's no chemistry. My issue is that he is going by looks and attraction at this point and not really by personality because some of these girls should not still be there. I am frankly disappointed by David because people like Melika and Callie are still there but people who are there for right reasons are not but he wants to go on looks I guess that's what your going to get because I see none of these people with him for the long term.

So last night I thought 'who the heck chose these people'? Sad sad. But then again David is so goofy. I think he's a nice guy but he surely is NOT good with women. He has a heck of a time even talking to them and when he hit his head getting up after having an intense talk with one of the M's who I think is playing him anyway I felt so bad for him.

His list of women is growing shorter every week and he's left with not much. Poor choices or poor casting? The women seem to like arguing and creating drama more than securing David. Sad group to say the least.

Vanessa has a hard time with them showing up late or taking time off for other things. Vanessa is a powerful woman who deserves a good man but they have sent her boys.

+ Reply to Thread