+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Faking It - BBC America

FORT Fogey

Faking It - BBC America

ABOUT THE SHOW

Can a burger flipper make it as a world-class haute cuisine chef? Could a sheep shearer cut it as a top London hairdresser? And, what of the ballet dancer who ventured into the world of wrestling - did he pull it off and more importantly, did he survive?

Only with huge amounts of sheer guts, determination, and in some cases blood, will these fakers actually fake it.

Welcome to the world of International Emmy and British Academy award-winning Faking It, where first appearances aren't always what they seem.

Described by the UK's Daily Mail as, "one of the most riveting, hair-raising and ultimately tear-jerking programs I have seen on television." Faking It is a transformational battle against the odds as eight brave individuals take up the challenge to completely change their identities.

With the help of three experts (the mentors), they have just four short weeks to acquire the skills necessary to convince a panel of eagle-eyed judges they are the genuine article with a wealth of background knowledge and not just a fake with four weeks experience.

Faking It charts the incredible highs and gut-wrenching lows on the way to achieving what many think impossible. Between the intensive training and personal video diaries, the tension is palpable as test day approaches.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is a wonderfully entertaining show with a brilliant concept that soon will be copied here in the U.S. I just hope it will be as well done.

Faking It

Has anyone been watching this show Faking It (sundays on BBC America)? Tonight was my first time, and I certainly was entertained. They train some random person to compete professionally. This week a hotdog vendor got the chance to be transformed into a master chef in four weeks. Rough road I must say, but, he won the chef tournament, against all odds (the day before he still did not have his act together), with his street accent and all

And for some reason this show appeals to my husband, he was behaving like it would have been some major sports event (nervous, nearly covering his eyes), men are so strange... I think I shall watch it next week just to laugh at hubby

I was pretty disappointed by the two I saw (hotdog vendor & ballet dancer). I guess I was expecting more--that they'd pick people who were naturally good liars and capable of BSing more. The two I've seen were just too meek and wimpy for me.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Wow....from the thread title, this is SO not what I thought this was going to be about.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

You see? THAT's what this show should have been about.

Is this a dead thread? *poke* *poke*

I thought the Alex the Animal episode was excellent.

+ Reply to Thread