+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Sweet Home Oklahoma

Sweet Home Oklahoma

Just found the first two episodes on demand. Bravo introduces us to funny unconventional friends from Oklahoma. They aren't afraid to be real on camera. Love what I've seen so far.

Re: Sweet Home Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by woodiedog View Post
    Just found the first two episodes on demand. Bravo introduces us to funny unconventional friends from Oklahoma. They aren't afraid to be real on camera. Love what I've seen so far.
    Sweet Home Oklahoma | Bravo TV Official Site

I have this show on my DVR but have not watched yet.

It looks GREAT.

For anyone interested its on MONDAY NIGHT on BRAVO @10pm.

Deep in the Bible belt, amid cattle, tornadoes and pump jacks, Jennifer Welch, Josh Welch, Lee Murphy, and Angie “Pumps” Sullivan proudly embrace—but unabashedly stand out from—their idyllic hometown.

No feelings are spared when it comes to approaching burning issues, amongst themselves or with the world at large.

Through their characteristic off-kilter perspective, they find humor confronting the white-picket-fence-meets-reality facts of life.

Challenging the conventions of conservative society and showing an alternative, outrageous side to the tony enclave of Nichols Hills, their unique friendships hilariously reveal that the daily triumphs and struggles of small-city life are more wild, fun and memorable than meets the eye.
    woodiedog likes this.
    KAREN

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I've only watched the 1st episode so far, and based on the FORT comments, I thought I was going to cringe at the show -- BUT I actually enjoyed it. It was kind of like a 'poor man's' version of the Real Housewives, but without the fighting and catty-ness. So, I'm definitely going to check out episode 2. I doubt that this will be one of my favs, but at least it's watchable.
    momrek06, woodiedog and jeanne like this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I've only watched the 1st episode so far, and based on the FORT comments, I thought I was going to cringe at the show -- BUT I actually enjoyed it. It was kind of like a 'poor man's' version of the Real Housewives, but without the fighting and catty-ness. So, I'm definitely going to check out episode 2. I doubt that this will be one of my favs, but at least it's watchable.
    It's different from Housewives in that the women have been friends since high school, the producers don't have to set up fake events for the women to get to know each other. I liked that one of the women was making breakfast for her kids, nothing glamorous. I'll watch again.
    KathyinMaine and woodiedog like this.

Nope! Not for me. I am sorry but wearing a glove to smoke so your kids don't smell cigarettes on your hand. Hello but your whole body still smells of smoke. Want to protect your kids, stop smoking.
    I can't with this show, sorry.
    PeekingDuck and woodiedog like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Nope! Not for me. I am sorry but wearing a glove to smoke so your kids don't smell cigarettes on your hand. Hello but your whole body still smells of smoke. Want to protect your kids, stop smoking. I can't with this show, sorry.
    I agree about the glove, Snow Bunny! And I can't believe that in this day and age, someone is naive enough to think that wearing a glove is going to stop the cigarette smell from permeating their hair, their clothes, their breath, and their whole body -- except their one gloved hand, of course.

And yes -- a much better idea is to protect yourself, your kids, and everyone else you care about, and STOP SMOKING.
    PeekingDuck and woodiedog like this.

Thanks for the heads-up on this show! I watched the first two episodes online this weekend and it seems really fun so far. The title having "Oklahoma" in it piqued my interest, as my family is all from OK. As it turns out, they don't seem to be very "Okie", so that seems like it's just a catchy title.
    The three women seem to really have fun together, and that's fun to see. No real drama (so far) and that's a welcome change from most reality tv nowadays.

(And as for the latex glove for smoking, perhaps she doesn't want to smell it on her own fingers? Or it's just a silly thing that she does. I really think the whole hiding it from her kids thing is just something she said. She seems to just say outlandish stuff a lot. She put one on at their backyard pool, when her daughter had just been out there with her. There's no way she was actually trying to hide it from her kids.)
    KathyinMaine likes this.

I just love this show! I'll take it any day over the RHOA. These women are hysterical & don't take themselves seriously at all!
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

I know I'm overtired, but last nights episode had me laughing uncontrollably. When pump was asking Siri for directions and Siri kept calling her "butt licker", I nearly died. And Siri said "cannot find Grand Lakes OK" leaving Pump lost. I have had the same frustration with Siri, always misinterpreting what I'm asking. so I could relate to Pump.

😀
    aramcobrat and KathyinMaine like this.

I just finished watching the Sippy Cup episode. I alm glad Pump owns that she is a helicopter mom.
    The other theme of this weeks show was the husband with the man bun and how un-handy he is. Man bun husband is the definition of Peter Pan syndrome. He might be a great source of laughs and fun, but he doesn't demonstrate many other redeeming qualities.
    AmyKay likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast