+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Sweet Home Oklahoma

Re: Sweet Home Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by woodiedog View Post
    I just finished watching the Sippy Cup episode. I alm glad Pump owns that she is a helicopter mom.
    The other theme of this weeks show was the husband with the man bun and how un-handy he is. Man bun husband is the definition of Peter Pan syndrome. He might be a great source of laughs and fun, but he doesn't demonstrate many other redeeming qualities.
    It seems like they just have that dynamic, where she controls everything, and is competent doing it all, which allows him to just sit back and not do the things he doesn't like to do.
    My husband and I have that pattern many times, and it irritates me that he won't do more when I ask, when I know he can, as he has at times. His sister, on the other hand, just says "do this" and he does it. Family and relationship dynamics are weird.

I agree that Mr Man-Bun Josh does need to grow up, though - when he tweaked her boob, that was like, ok, dude, you've got to grow up. I imagine that he is smart, though, (as he is a [non-practicing] lawyer) and has the ability to have some good conversations, which is probably why she likes him.
    AmyKay and woodiedog like this.

I watched last night's episode and continue to be very entertained by these ladies. I'm not one for playing tricks on people, but it seems like Pumps is having her own little bit of fun with the dog party preparations. I wish we could see more of Kay, and Pumps and Kay together, as they just seem to have a great and fun relationship, and are funny on their own. They don't need a lot of set-up to be pretty hilarious.
    woodiedog likes this.

I died when Pump was putting Party stuff in the car, exposed herself,and her friend tried to shield her but collapsed in laughter.
    I need friends who laugh like that. 😄
    aramcobrat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by woodiedog View Post
    I died when Pump was putting Party stuff in the car, exposed herself,and her friend tried to shield her but collapsed in laughter.
    I need friends who laugh like that. ��
    Me too!
    woodiedog likes this.

I like this show too. And these ladies are fun! Different dynamic from any of the Real Housewives. Each week so far something has happened or was said that actually made me laugh out loud.

I hope we find out how the new neighbor reacts to the new landscaping. Will he have to pay for the new shrubs? Will she take him to court?

Next week, when Pumps shows up in her costume! LOL

These women remind me of old friends I had decades ago. We are all scattered around the country now, and we keep in touch via Facebook, but some I haven't seen in years. I miss those fun times. And those laughs as well!
    aramcobrat and woodiedog like this.

FORT Fan

I love this show. It reminds me of me and my friends. Plus I'm also an Okie. I died laughing when Kay couldn't get her composure back after covering Pumps ass.
    aramcobrat and woodiedog like this.

I started following Jennifer and Lee on Twitter, and nothing super-exciting there, but Jennifer did retweet a podcast link that she was interviewed on.
    It's mildly interesting if you like the show and the people. She talks about how they were "found", how long they've known each other, etc. And it sounds like, at least at this point, it's just a one-season series, as she talks about "at the end of the series". Oh and she says it's 16 episodes long. (Her interview is starts ~10-12 min in.)
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...y/id1154758766
    woodiedog likes this.

FORT Newbie

It's refreshing to see females having a good time and not consumed with drama. And they're really entertaining. I love the crazy stupid crap the other shows provide but this one is really cool.
    Imperfect1 and woodiedog like this.

Oh I was poking around on the Bravo site (bored) and reading the bios, etc of the ladies, and it says that Pumps got her nickname because Jennifer started calling her Angelina Pumpkintina. I thought it was something to do with shoes.
    It seems like Jennifer likes to do nicknames. What was it that everyone was calling her son Roman? I can't remember, but it was a sort of "term of endearment" that I thought was first a mom thing, but then everyone else was calling him that, too.
    woodiedog likes this.

Well, I thought the dog bday party episode wasn't as great (or as funny) as the others. Maybe it was just me. Hoping next week is better.
    Punkin and woodiedog like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast