+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Love Connection - hosted by Andy Cohen (on Fox)

Love Connection - hosted by Andy Cohen (on Fox)

Message originally posted by Imperfect1 on 01-11-2017 at 08:45 PM
    Look who's hosting the NEW reboot of 'Love Connection'!!! Andy Cohen! This dating show was so much fun. This new version with Andy should be great! Can't wait!!!

Andy Cohen hosting 'Love Connection' game show revival

"Bravo personality Andy Cohen has a new gig.

Fox said during Wednesday's Television Critics Association's winter press tour that Cohen will host the reboot of the classic game show "Love Connection, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The new "Love Connection" will feature single men and women going on three blind dates and going in front of Cohen and a live studio audience to discuss how it went.

The hour long show will feature "all versions of couples," according to Fox entertainment president David Madden, meaning that same-sex couples will be contestants as well.

"Love Connection" was originally hosted by Chuck Woolery and was syndicated from 1983 to 1994, with repeats airing in 1995.

"I was a huge fan of the original 'Love Connection,' and hosting the new version allows me to do one of the things I love most: meddling in people’s personal lives,” Cohen said."
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Re: Love Connection - hosted by Andy Cohen (on Fox)

I'm very curious to see how this is going to be produced. At the time the original show aired, Video Dating was a popular option for meeting people. Now that dating services are done through on-line swipes, will they still do videos? If so, will the audience be able to relate to it?
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

Love Connection was awesome! Andy is great for this. It's fun and dramatic just like I remember.
    beerbelly, Imperfect1 and jeanne like this.

I loved it too! A little different, but still so enjoyable. I used to watch this with my mom and dad.
    Lynne and Imperfect1 like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

FORT Fanatic

Watching Love Connection brought back memories of watching it back in the mid-80's. Loved Chuck Woolery's version...

Enjoyed this new version overall. I like how they discussed how much the show gives them for the date. Wow -- $500; that's a lot more than they used to give, even adjusted for inflation. I kind of liked how Andy called the woman out re: not paying for the whole meal, given that she had the $500.

I don't like the "twist" of having them choose between the date and $10,000. That's a lot of money and who's to say the guy (or woman) you pick isn't going to flake out after that first date, and then you're out $10,000. Or, who's to say that the person doesn't opt for the $10,000 but then still contacts their preferred person to date afterwards, perhaps offering them some of the money, or an elaborate date/trip.
    beerbelly and jeanne like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
    I don't like the "twist" of having them choose between the date and $10,000. That's a lot of money and who's to say the guy (or woman) you pick isn't going to flake out after that first date, and then you're out $10,000. Or, who's to say that the person doesn't opt for the $10,000 but then still contacts their preferred person to date afterwards, perhaps offering them some of the money, or an elaborate date/trip.
    I'm sure all of this can and will happen hence the drama.
    jeanne likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
    Watching Love Connection brought back memories of watching it back in the mid-80's. Loved Chuck Woolery's version...

Enjoyed this new version overall. I like how they discussed how much the show gives them for the date. Wow -- $500; that's a lot more than they used to give, even adjusted for inflation. I kind of liked how Andy called the woman out re: not paying for the whole meal, given that she had the $500.

I don't like the 'twist', either, of choosing between the date and the money. That sure is a LOT of money and really puts the person on the spot. The first guy, Bacon, well, he didn't have to make a choice, because the audience chose the same person he did. Sheena, the second person, chose Dale, and the audience chose Gregory for her. Well, they were such a NON- match, I mean, she kept rolling her eyes in disgust, which I thought was disrespectful to Gregory. Neither was each other's type. Okay, so I understand why she would not want an overnight date with Gregory. BUT, and here is the kicker, at the end of the show we find out that she chose Dale and gave up the money BUT Dale was still involved with his ex. Stinker!

Oh and another thing about the second dates that bothered me is that they are overnight. I am no prude, but that is a bit presumptuous. I'd hope there will be separate rooms or am I hopelessly out of touch?

If I were Sheena I'd have chosen to go on the date with Gregory, keep the money and then get in touch with whomever she wanted to date afterwards. I am wondering if there is any stipulation in the contract about that. In other words, Sheena chose Dale but the audience chose Gregory. If she decided to go on the overnight with Gregory and keep the money, does that preclude her from ever getting in contact with Dale again? In her case she found out that Dale was a dog and got in touch with the 3rd guy, Steven, who seemed to be really into her. All those blowing kisses...I mean, I was like 'enough already.'
    Lynne, beerbelly and jeanne like this.

FORT Fanatic

I love the hosts facial expressions.

I thought that girl was going to pick the one that they were all lovey dovey and blowing kisses. That was a shocker.

Really liked the old Love Connection. They really don't tell too much about there date like they used too. I don't need to see the score either, they could just tell us what there first impression was when describing the date. Was always surprised how far people went for a date then too. Didn't realize that places were so far apart in California.

Well watch this one again.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

On tonight's episode Aaron and Jalisa (spelling?) seemed to hit it off. At the end both he and the audience chose her for the overnight date. At the end of the show Jalisa is on their overnight gushing about how much she is enjoying it and they have already made plans for a trip to Mexico. Chyron on screen says they never saw each other again and never took that trip to Mexico. Aaron says she is a witch. I believe he was upset that she was a medium.

Natalie seemed to hit it off with Peter. She chose him at the end. The audience, unfortunately, chose another guy, who was quite full of himself and her least favorite date. She chose a love connection over money. When the time came for the overnight date, Natalie was a no show. It seemed she heard somehow that Peter had been boasting about a date with a Playboy bunny the night before he appeared on the show. He didn't know why he had been ghosted.

Well, batting 0 this episode.

One thing I really dislike is how they are asked to rate each other's appearance the first time they met. I think it's kind of cruel. Most have been in the 7 or 8 range, which is fine, but tonight Natalie rated the Portuguese guy a 2. Or was it a 1? It was really low. I thought he was kind of cute. And sadly, he was super into her. He even made a comment that he was blown away by her beauty and enjoyed their date so much. He said he hadn't felt that way about a date in a long time. I felt so bad for him. He took her ice skating at Rockefeller Center, which is kind of cool and even brought a head warmer for her head. Oh well. I hope he finds a nice Philly girl to date.
    KTinCT likes this.

I'm taping it right this minute. Going to try it out tomorrow. That and the new Name that Tune derivative are on my record schedule. Summer looks like fun this year.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast