+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Love Connection - hosted by Andy Cohen (on Fox)

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Love Connection - hosted by Andy Cohen (on Fox)

Loving this show! It's getting better and better each week! This last Episode (#4) had the darling couple who actually fell in love and got engaged on the show. I hope they're the one or two in a million who fall in (true) love at first sight. It doesn't happen very often, but it's a kind of miracle when it does!
    KTinCT likes this.

FORT Fanatic

I'm enjoying this show, but I couldn't help but wonder about that engagement. I'm not one of those folks who thinks "all" reality TV is scripted (I feel this is more like reality TV than a game show), but I just wonder if that engagement was staged. Do people really propose after just one date? Why wouldn't you want to get to know the person better first? I guess you can always break off an engagement, but it just seems like such a rash decision to propose after only spending some 4 or 5 hours with a person.
    KTinCT likes this.

FORT Fanatic

They're not batting 1,000 with the dates they've set up recently. The last 4 couples (from the last 2 shows) seem to be into each other but then when they do the updates at the end of the show, they've already broken it off. I'm glad they give the updates because it's interesting to hear how things turn out.

I hope they don't start having more quasi-celebrities such as the Real Housewife of NYC. Just have regular people, is my preference.

I LOVED seeing Ramona Singer (RHONY) on the show ---- and just to be clear, I CAN'T STAND THE WOMAN!!! But, on the Love Connection show she was charming, delightful --- and she looked really cute!

She met a really, really great guy too. And they were both super into each other. My guess is that they'll date for a while til he sees what an ass-hat she really is!!! You can only fool people for a certain amount of time --- and then they see who you really are!
    AcookerTV likes this.

FORT Fogey

I thought Ramona was great too! At the very end it said they dated for a few weeks and then she broke it off because he lived too far away from her. The fool!
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I thought Ramona was great too! At the very end it said they dated for a few weeks and then she broke it off because he lived too far away from her. The fool!
    Gosh, I wonder if what I suspected, really happened. (What I said in my post, above, was that "My guess is that they'll date for a while til he sees what an ass-hat she really is!!! You can only fool people for a certain amount of time --- and then they see who you really are!")

The guy had never seen RHONY and had never heard of Ramona. So I wondered how he'd feel when he eventually saw some of the episodes --- especially the most recent ones in which she is really at her WORST!!! Maybe HE broke it off and she's just covering that up -- or she's completely in denial --- as usual!

FORT Fanatic

Yes, who knows why they really broke up. She claimed that if he lived within 15 minutes of her, she'd probably still be dating him.

As for the Italian magician, I thought it was funny how the one date called him out for not trying to find out anything about her. At least he admitted that was true. What a shame that he was attached by a pack of dogs on his way to the show, thus leading to all those holes in his pants. Lol. I mean, I get that it's the current style, but is it really the best choice for being on a dating show?
    Imperfect1 and ryansmommy like this.

FORT Fanatic

I thought it was so cute how they had a Love Connection baby on the show. Enjoyed seeing a brief glimpse of when her parents were on the show. Brought back memories from all those years ago when I used to faithfully watch "Love Connection." Too bad she didn't last long with the date whom she selected.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
    I thought it was so cute how they had a Love Connection baby on the show. Enjoyed seeing a brief glimpse of when her parents were on the show. Brought back memories from all those years ago when I used to faithfully watch "Love Connection." Too bad she didn't last long with the date whom she selected.
    I was a bit nervous in the beginning who'd she choose at the end, being that she most often preferred to go out with bad boys. I forget the guy's name who she chose but he was my pick. Was it Eric? He was a French tutor, I think. I was also shocked that she gave him such a low score for attractiveness as I thought he was very cute. Way cuter than that long haired douche who spent like 30 bucks on her and pocketed over $400.

It was odd, though, how she said at first she thought her car driver was her date and she got all excited b/c she liked his looks. Then it turns out that she dumped nice guy Eric, who at age 22 or 23 was NOT put off that she was a single mom, to date the driver. I wonder if he was more of her bad boy type. Didn't she also say that she had never been on a real date where the man paid for her? I felt kind of bad for her. She deserves better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234