+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Love Connection - hosted by Andy Cohen (on Fox)

FORT Fogey

Re: Love Connection - hosted by Andy Cohen (on Fox)

I agree with you ECM - the rating on looks is mean. It bugs me too.

I want to know how many of the couples are smart enough to work the system, and exchange contact info right off the bat so if they hit it off, the chooser can take the $10,000 instead of love, knowing they can continue on with each other without the show.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Absolutely, Acooker. I know that's what I would do. 10,000 clams is a lot to forego for someone you only had one date with.

I really liked the first show. First time I ever watched Love Connection and don't remember it from before.

As for me...I would walk off with $10,000 no matter who or what went with me. Love is fickle but $$ can buy you at least a little bit of happiness!

Heck that could be a nice down payment on a home or buy a car to get back and forth to work.

Sorry but I'd definitely go for the MONEY! Hate me if you must.

I've only watched one episode, but LOSERS! C'mon, casting is dragging for bottom feeders. I love the way Andy handles his hosting duties, but wow.

Oh, the executive producer is Mike Fleiss, the executive producer of the Bachelor franchise. I guess I could think of this as Bachelor in Paradise without personality.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fanatic

Well these last 2 dates were a bust.

I'm sure the show has figured out that people might decide ahead of time that they're going to take the money, but perhaps still contact the person they liked better to continue dating them. I'm guessing they have something in place to prevent someone from going this route... Maybe they don't pay the $10,000 for at least a year and have them sign a contract stating that if they are found to be dating or in touch with the person they turned down to accept the money instead, they will not get paid the money.

The blonde woman was pretty but what was up with that torn jean jacket? Is that really what's fashionable? Lol.

FORT Fogey

How would they know if the person is seeing or in touch with the person they turned down to accept the $10,000? Surely they can't send spies out to follow people around or check their phones.

I wondered about the jeans jacket, too. I have a jacket like that, but I only wear it for a quick trip to the grocery store or some other errand. Can't imagine wearing it on a national TV show like this one. Well, maybe my torn jeans jacket is so old that it's back in style!

FORT Fanatic

I think it would be easy to keep in touch with the person via phone or email, etc. without the show finding out, but in terms of being out on the town with that person on a regular basis... I don't know. I feel that there is something the show says or does to at least try to prevent everyone from taking the $10,000 and then dating the person they originally selected.

Then again if only one out of two take the money that could be their payday. $5,000 per contestant isn't bad considering all the huge paying advertisers for that show.

I don't think the show cares what they do once they leave the stage.

Lets try to keep a running total of how many take the money this season. So far???

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    On tonight's episode Aaron and Jalisa (spelling?) seemed to hit it off. At the end both he and the audience chose her for the overnight date. At the end of the show Jalisa is on their overnight gushing about how much she is enjoying it and they have already made plans for a trip to Mexico. Chyron on screen says they never saw each other again and never took that trip to Mexico. Aaron says she is a witch. I believe he was upset that she was a medium.
    Yeah, he didn't want anyone larger than an XS!!
    Seriously, his comments about weight were just obnoxious. No wonder he is a serial dater, as he described himself. Once he learns to look beyond the looks, maybe he will have more success.
    Imperfect1 and AlwaysVeg like this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Yeah, he didn't want anyone larger than an XS!!
    Seriously, his comments about weight were just obnoxious. No wonder he is a serial dater, as he described himself. Once he learns to look beyond the looks, maybe he will have more success.
    Funny, but I meant he was freaked out that she was a PSYCHIC medium. I think it gave him the willys.

He did mention being all about the booty but I thought Jalisa was the most slender of the 3.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast