+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree260Likes

Thread: Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath on A&E

Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath on A&E

Leah Remini on Her Battle With Scientology: "I'm Not Going to Allow the Church to Bully People" | Hollywood Reporter

November 29th @10pm on A&E.

Actress and Ex-Scientologist Leah Remini begins her journey to explore what’s really going on inside the religion she spent much of her life promoting and defending.

Leah travels to Seattle to meet with former Scientology executive Amy Scobee, who shares her heartfelt story of disconnection from her mother, Bonny.

Shocking details of Amy’s experience force Leah to dig deeper into the truth of the Church of Scientology

Leah Remini's New Scientology Doc Accuses Church of Abuse, Sexual Misconduct
    KAREN

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath on A&E

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Leah Remini on Her Battle With Scientology: "I'm Not Going to Allow the Church to Bully People" | Hollywood Reporter

November 29th @10pm on A&E.

Actress and Ex-Scientologist Leah Remini begins her journey to explore what’s really going on inside the religion she spent much of her life promoting and defending.

Leah travels to Seattle to meet with former Scientology executive Amy Scobee, who shares her heartfelt story of disconnection from her mother, Bonny.

Shocking details of Amy’s experience force Leah to dig deeper into the truth of the Church of Scientology

Leah Remini's New Scientology Doc Accuses Church of Abuse, Sexual Misconduct
    Wow! Abuse, sexual misconduct and rape of children!!! I knew that Scientology was bad, but I didn't know it was THIS bad!.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

They rape children, goodness this stories grows and grows with Leah. I'm hoping that part is 100% false!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    They rape children, goodness this stories grows and grows with Leah. I'm hoping that part is 100% false!
    From things I have read, there is some truth to it. Seriously, it seems anytime you have a cult, the children seem to suffer the most. They can't complain to anyone.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Saw the promo with Rimini talking about the church and my interest is piqued. I'll try to watch!
    Punkin and momrek06 like this.

Fort Member
    where its beautiful one day perfect the next

Did anyone watch? I so want to see this as i am fasinated in scientology not in becoming one but on how seemingly intelligant people get involved in it when the whole premise to me sounds completely nuts
    It wont reach here for some time so i am intersted to see what people thought and if its worth downloading
    Punkin, KTinCT and Cornholio like this.
    Happiness is an unexpected piece of chocolate!

I watched this. It was fascinating... I still don't understand why people would get involved in this. But in the case of Amy Scobee, she was basically in it her whole life and not just in it - was part of the Sea group. L Ron Hubbard modeled Scientology after the Navy since he was in the Navy... She lived at the HQ and headed up the Celebrity division. The rape spoken of happened when she was 16 and she was basically told that all issues were dealt with privately within the church, not by law enforcement or courts...and that she must've done something to deserve it! Unreal. There were disclaimers from the Scientology organization intermittently throughout the show defaming Leah and Amy. This organization is scary, I give Leah and Amy (& Amy's mom Bonny & her husband) a lot of credit for coming forward and speaking out. If this piques your interest, definitely download it!

I really wanted to see this show. I'm hoping to catch it in reruns.

'Going Clear' is a documentary about Scientology (HBO) and supports Leah's account of her experience. I'd love to hear Katie Holmes' experience - but I'm sure she signed a crazy NDA.
    Punkin, libgirl2 and causingchaos like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Leah's series is 7 weekly episodes long, cc. You can still catch the rest!
    Cornholio likes this.
    Lynda

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast