+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree476Likes

Thread: Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath on A&E

Re: Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath on A&E

I just watched this weeks episode. I was a hot crying mess with the guy and his twin. I watched last night's thing a little bit but fell asleep like half way through. I blame the eye flutters.
    Punkin and GabbyG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    That lawyer had real life googly eyes

I was waiting for her head to spin around. It was entertaining.
    She was so creepy! It was obvious that she was lying. At one point her eyes literally rolled back in her head.
    Punkin, libgirl2, momrek06 and 3 others like this.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    What I don't understand is why when they were members of COS, they knew the rules, but they would still confide in friends and family about doubts, plans to leave, reading critical articles about the COS, knowing that they would be reported and declared an enemy. They knew what would happen, so, I don't get why they did it. I suppose that you either just can't help yourself or you really do want to be kicked out. Recall the guy who said they shared things with wife's parents? They don't speak to this day and go next door and don't even speak to their grandchildren.
    They probably are thinking that they are talking to the people they love and care about and if they are having those doubts, they might be able to convince the ones they are speaking with that something isn't right, too. I'm guessing that in many cases, the principles are so well indoctrinated into most of their minds that they will turn on their loved ones, but the loved ones are going to try anyway. If, on the off chance, they feel the same way or have been having the same questions or doubts, you might be able to escape together and not have to disassociate. But if they just leave, they could lose communication forever. It's better to try and know you didn't succeed than to fail and not know if you could've prevented someone else from their miserable fate of staying in the cult.
    ClosetRTWatcher and sparklete like this.

I'm starting to get confused between the Sea Org, employees of Scientology, and normal people who are just church members. Sea Org folks seem to be imprisoned in Hemet if they question anything, and it's tough to get away from that compound. They can marry, but not live with their spouse, and are forced to abort all children. Employees seem to be in Clearwater, surrounded by and married to other employees, where it's acceptable to abuse those below you in the chain of command. Normal believers are expected to spend tons of money and time on books, seminars, pseudo-psych sessions conducted by Sea Org teens. They aren't allowed to have contact with anyone outside Scientology. Their family and neighbors spy on them and report any sign of questioning.
    Please, I beg of anyone feeling a hole in their soul, seek out a mainstream church that believes in God, a set of loving tenets, and the freedom to question.

I already knew it was coo-coo....but when you write it all out like that OMG.
    Cornholio likes this.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

I just watched "Ask Me Anything: Part 2" but I never got to see part one! It's not on Comcast OnDemand. Did anyone get to see part one?

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by GolfGrrl View Post
    I'm starting to get confused between the Sea Org, employees of Scientology, and normal people who are just church members. Sea Org folks seem to be imprisoned in Hemet if they question anything, and it's tough to get away from that compound. They can marry, but not live with their spouse, and are forced to abort all children. Employees seem to be in Clearwater, surrounded by and married to other employees, where it's acceptable to abuse those below you in the chain of command. Normal believers are expected to spend tons of money and time on books, seminars, pseudo-psych sessions conducted by Sea Org teens. They aren't allowed to have contact with anyone outside Scientology. Their family and neighbors spy on them and report any sign of questioning.
    Please, I beg of anyone feeling a hole in their soul, seek out a mainstream church that believes in God, a set of loving tenets, and the freedom to question.
    It was explained that sea-org are non-paid employees who provide services for the organization. Such as the auditors, handlers, etc. Scientologist are the people who pay money to the organization.

Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    I just watched "Ask Me Anything: Part 2" but I never got to see part one! It's not on Comcast OnDemand. Did anyone get to see part one?
    I saw part one. The only thing I remember from part one was someone asked if Scientology has any affect on politics in America and both Leah and Mike answered none whatso ever.
    I think I cried in viewing each episode. I feel so badly for these people. I truly hope that if anything this expose will keep people from joining this loony bin. I think the Moonie guy hit the nail on the head that if an organization or church will not allow you to question them and punishes you for it; then it's a destructive cult. I hope that all that have left Scientology band together and provide support and safe houses for those that are still in that will eventually escape or leave. Part two also answered my race question. I don't think I would trust any organization that is so militantly un-diverse. It gives me the creeps.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wagara View Post
    It was explained that sea-org are non-paid employees who provide services for the organization. Such as the auditors, handlers, etc. Scientologist are the people who pay money to the organization.

Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Tapatalk
    SeaOrg worker bees are paid $50 a week. Sometimes. And they work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week; time off is hard to come by.
    Cornholio and Wagara like this.
    I'm Paula.

I bought the season on amazon and I couldn't see that first ask me anything episode either. That was annoying.

I've cried almost every episode. It's just heartbreaking to me. And some of that is because it hits close to home with some of my life experiences. But even Leah. Watching her struggle with what her participation was in all this as well. I can't even imagine.

+ Reply to Thread