+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree476Likes

Thread: Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath on A&E

Re: Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath on A&E

I still feel for these folks. I mean they spent a long time revolving their lives around something they sincerely believed was right. This was a serious belief system to them. I'm not a religious person but I can see anyone in any religion really struggling if the rug was pulled out from under then like these folks who left. Everything you believe is wrong basically. How you view the world is wrong. Your world is experience is a lie. I just can't even believe it.

The church needs Tom as a celeb to get all these other people. So I would bet he gets some pretty special treatment from the church to keep him around and public with his stuff.
    Punkin, momrek06, JustJuls and 3 others like this.

FORT Newbie

I believe Katie got out just before they were going to separate her from Suri because I believe that was her breaking point. I also believe they did separate Nicole from her children. I think Nicole didn't understand and although late Katie learned from what happened to Nicole.

I think of my religious beliefs and it's hard to imagine finding out my foundation was a lie. I feel bad for these folks. Scientology has robbed so many of a normal life.

Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Tapatalk

I feel sorry for these people and am glad for the ones that have left. I believe them and many of them tell the same story. I think that those in Scientology mostly have doubts, but they are SO in a culture of fear, punishment, and coersion that they are scared to leave. The fear of disconnecting from family is so great that many probably stay in that want to leave. It's mental abuse. I really admire Katie Holmes for protecting her daughter from all this insanity. Tom Cruise is in b/c he loves being told how great he is and he is revered. I wonder if the Scientologists know how imbalanced and weird he seems to the world. Are they so disconnected with reality that they can't see what loons they come off as? We watched the 20/20 show tonight and I loved how Leah said sarcastically something to the effect of "I'm just a B-actress who wants attention and has a failed career; how could I do anything to them?" in terms of the tax free status. I hope she keeps speaking up until they are brought down. The Scientolgy lawyer is super weird and I am creeped out by her eye fluttering.
    Punkin, libgirl2, momrek06 and 6 others like this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mina View Post
    Tom Cruise is in b/c he loves being told how great he is and he is revered.

I wonder if the Scientologists know how imbalanced and weird he seems to the world. Are they so disconnected with reality that they can't see what loons they come off as?

The Scientolgy lawyer is super weird and I am creeped out by her eye fluttering.
    - TC is in because David Miscavage is one of few men on earth shorter than he is. Plus, they provided him with a LOT of free labor at his house.

- I think they DO keep track of what people think of them. When TC had the Matt Lauer interview where he was discussing Brooke Shield, he was using that Scientology Death Stare, saying things like, "You haven't studied the history of psychiatry. I have." and "You're just being glib, Matt." A couple of years later, he was interviewed by Lauer again and apologized for "coming across as arrogant." I think someone in the Scientology PR department told him that he caused a lot of negative backlash to Scientology and he needed to own it and make it go away.

- Agreed. That lawyer was creating 100-mile-an-hour winds with her blinking. Which, by the way, is much-accepted as a non-verbal sign of lying.
    Punkin, libgirl2, mina and 3 others like this.
    I'm Paula.

That lawyer had real life googly eyes

I was waiting for her head to spin around. It was entertaining.
    Punkin, libgirl2, mina and 1 others like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I also don't think Tom Cruise is THAT smart. He doesn't seem the type that critically thinks about anything and can do much without someone telling him what to do. I know they have probably very extensive PR, but there is so much damage already done. When TC was jumping on couches and schooling Lauer; I didn't even know much about Scientology, but could see it made him a kook. It was shown so much by media; I don't think I even heard about when he apologized! And that lawyer.....geeze they trot her out for every public explanation on tv and she always comes off as very insincere, a liar, and totally and completely weird. Even their video testimonals of their own people defending Scientology seems so insincere and weird and scripted. They just come off as kooks! The only one that seemed normal was at the end of the last episode when some lady came out to harass or question Leah's producer .....she seemed nice and not that weird- she was smiling normally and wasn't in anyone's face- it seemed like a non scripted authentic exchange. Still weird, but she didn't rub me the wrong way. They are a terrible organization and are in no way credible, but I think they would seem much more legit and believable if they didn't try so hard to attack their defectors. They act like toddlers and have the same tired excuses: they are violent liars and abusers that had to be kicked out. But, since many of these were their own top people then it speaks very badly for what they claim to accomplish. Their top people didn't become better human beings through their own programs and had to be kicked out? haha
    Last edited by mina; 01-07-2017 at 02:11 PM.
    Punkin, justCoz, GabbyG and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    TC is in because David Miscavage is one of few men on earth shorter than he is...
    causingchaos and AZChristian like this.
    In the beginning was the WORD. Without definition there was nothing. We define the words.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    That lawyer had real life googly eyes

I was waiting for her head to spin around. It was entertaining.
    I thought she looked like a relic from the 70s, but she did what the "church" wanted her to do.

I also agree that Katie learned from Nicole's mistakes. I don't think Nicole ever entertained the thought that she would lose her children. I remember about the time of their divorce Tom said something to the effect that "she knows what she did", maybe it was wanting to get the heck out of this cult and her kids out of the cult?
    jenniferboston1 and Wagara like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I have to wonder how much Nicole's hands got tied legally in everything during that divorce. I can't believe the church didn't shore up Tom Cruise and help him lawyer up to make sure Nicole never spoke of what happens in there.
    Wagara likes this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

One thing we learned last night: There is a lower life form than a Scientologist. A Scientologist's attorney.
    Punkin, libgirl2, GabbyG and 2 others like this.
    I'm Paula.

+ Reply to Thread