+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree476Likes

Thread: Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath on A&E

Re: Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath on A&E

Yes, the whole idea of filing of "knowledge reports" to rat out their spouses or other family members was just mind blowing. That poor guy with the estranged twin brother who died --- so heartbreaking.

Have you noticed that all the people who "got out" and are interviewed seem to have very young children, even the old codgers? Seems like once they got out they wanted was a family and the "normal" life they missed out on because of Scientology.

Been checking out this website for more stories. Scientology | David Miscavige | www.scientology-cult.com
    Punkin likes this.

What I don't understand is why when they were members of COS, they knew the rules, but they would still confide in friends and family about doubts, plans to leave, reading critical articles about the COS, knowing that they would be reported and declared an enemy. They knew what would happen, so, I don't get why they did it. I suppose that you either just can't help yourself or you really do want to be kicked out. Recall the guy who said they shared things with wife's parents? They don't speak to this day and go next door and don't even speak to their grandchildren.

All this really makes me believe Tom Cruise hasn't seen Suri in ages and Nicole Kidman rarely sees her two children who are Scientologists. I hate to believe that but I do wonder after seeing this show.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    All this really makes me believe Tom Cruise hasn't seen Suri in ages and Nicole Kidman rarely sees her two children who are Scientologists. I hate to believe that but I do wonder after seeing this show.
    Sheds a new light to all the reports bad-mouthing Nicole for not being a good mom. They're probably too indoctrinated to want to spend time with her. How terribly sad for all families caught in this situation.

I couldn't help but giggle along with Mike (right name?) as that guy was explaining his neighbor not wanting to disassociate from the dog but the kids were not a problem. It's so absurd. Leah's reaction was funny too. It should be unbelievable but unfortunately it's true.

What struck me also was at the beginning of the show where they showed Leah experiencing the beach/ocean there. Isn't that where she moved to as a kid? Then the producers at the end being followed/watched once again.

I do like how Leah tries to explain the thoughts behind what they are thinking. What's amazing is how many of the people we're hearing from were long term with COS. These are ones who obviously believed in it to stay for so long. It's hard to fathom how blinded the ones still inside have to be. I would think that that many higher ups leaving should raise a red flag but their indoctrination is strong. It's no wonder that they separate the kids from the parents as that must be helpful in the indoctrination process.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    It's hard to believe that celebrities like Tom Cruise with so much knowledge of the "outside world" have fallen for this. Is he in it for money? Like does he get a chunk of change for being a "face" of Scientology? I just can't imagine that he believes in it.
    Punkin likes this.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls View Post
    It's hard to believe that celebrities like Tom Cruise with so much knowledge of the "outside world" have fallen for this. Is he in it for money? Like does he get a chunk of change for being a "face" of Scientology? I just can't imagine that he believes in it.
    He's a narcissist who loves the fact that they treat him like god, and he benefits from the slave labor Scientology provides him.
    Punkin, libgirl2, mina and 8 others like this.

There have been reports for years that Tom rarely if ever sees Suri beyond Facetime/Skype. I'm sure Katie's been labeled an SP, just as Nicole probably has been. I think both Connor and Isabella are heavily involved in Scientology.

I'm not big on organized religion period, but Scientology is a flat out cult. It's frightening how people who seem perfectly normal and intelligent on first inspection turn out to be a) NOT normal and b) so gullible as to believe all this nonsense.

Going Clear, which I think is still available on HBO shows more of the insanity of Scientology. VERY well done and some of the same people were interviewed for that documentary as on Leah's show.
    Punkin, GabbyG, JustJuls and 4 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

We saw Going Clear and is was disturbing.

I have to agree with Pretlitdev, he is treated like a god or a messiah in the "religion". It inflates his ego. Thank God Katie got Suri away from all of that. I wish Nicole could have done the same, but I think the children were much older at that point.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Jason Beghe of Chicago PD is another ex-Scientologist who is vocal about COS and was in Going Clear. He talks about it in this article.

Jason Beghe
    Lynda

Just noticed that tonight on 20-20 there is a special about how Leah is trying to get the tax exempt status changed for this phony "church".
    Lynda

+ Reply to Thread