+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920
Like Tree558Likes

Thread: Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath on A&E

Re: Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath on A&E

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    I have become addicted to this subject. I've watched all the episodes, read more than a dozen books, watch countless video and joined the Facebook group Supporters of Leah Remini Scientology and the Aftermath. (It's a great group and all the mods have been on Leahs show).

One thing has become clear to me. Scientologists are, for the most part, good people. They truly believe that they are helping rid the plant of illness, war, crime, mental illness, etc. They honestly believe that. They do not disconnect from family, mistreat or just ignore their kids, or refuse treatment for mental illness out of malice. They really believe that what they are doing is the only RIGHT thing to do.

It's awfully sad. I have yet to watch an episode without crying.
    I take exception to your statement of the abuse of their children......they absolutely DID cast their children aside.....totally aside!

The casting aside of their children was the reasons Katie Holmes and Leah backed the hell away from Scientology.

Those children (now adults) even stated “ad nauseam” on Leah’s show how they never saw their parents basically again after they joined Scientology.

I could NEVER in ONE MILLION years cast my two sons aside EVER especially for some fake crap scam CULT.

Using the word “malice”. ...... nope I call it selfish and abusive. These children were not even EDUCATED. There was NO formal SCHOOLING given to any of those children. To this day.

Even that LIAR LRH lied about his own schooling saying he had multiple college degrees and phd’s even though it was a KNOWN fact he FLUNKED out of college. ZERO DEGREES.

All in all absolutely disgusting.
    KAREN

I don't think that happens to all Scientology kids. I think that the majority of them lead fairly normal lives. From what I can tell, it is the parents who hold positions of importance within Scientology, particularly SeaOrg, who basically turn their kids over to the "church"
    Photobabe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    I don't think that happens to all Scientology kids. I think that the majority of them lead fairly normal lives. From what I can tell, it is the parents who hold positions of importance within Scientology, particularly SeaOrg, who basically turn their kids over to the "church"
    Ohhhhh RC, you have to really take some time and sit down and watch every one of the episodes of Leah's show.

People that are groomed to hold positions of importance within Scientology are told NOT to get pregnant and if they do find themselves expecting then they are told to get ABORTIONS AND THEY COMPLY with that order.

It is beyond HORRIFIC what goes on in that CULT.

All children are CAST ASIDE and none of them are schooled at all.

Listen to Leah, listen to Mike. AND most of all listen to those that have been with the CULT for years and LEFT.

Its absolutely devastating what goes on in the CULT.

There is NO living a normal life within Scientology.
    KAREN

I think I have seen all of the episodes. I agree that there are some terrible things going on within that organization. But the one thing that seems to be the common denominator is that all of her guests either held important positions or their parents did. I do not think that is representative of everyone who is in Scientology.
    Photobabe and Fanny Mare like this.

I think it's possible to be a "normal " ( as possible ) scientologist. You live apart from headquarters but probably in a community of scientologist ; employed by scientologists, etc.... you tow the line but your kids live with you in a normal home. They are probably heavily encouraged to work within the organization but it's not required . And if the parents do decide to throw themselves fully into leadership then they move to one of the headquarters and their kids must be put elsewhere . It's pretty horrific .

Quote Originally Posted by mina View Post
    I think it's possible to be a "normal " ( as possible ) scientologist. You live apart from headquarters but probably in a community of scientologist ; employed by scientologists, etc.... you tow the line but your kids live with you in a normal home. They are probably heavily encouraged to work within the organization but it's not required . And if the parents do decide to throw themselves fully into leadership then they move to one of the headquarters and their kids must be put elsewhere . It's pretty horrific .
    The thing is if a loved one (including children) decides they don't want to be a part of it, you disconnect.
    Cornholio likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    The thing is if a loved one (including children) decides they don't want to be a part of it, you disconnect.
    Disconnection is only required if the non-scientologist speaks out against it. As long as they keep the conversation about the weather or some other innocuous subject, it's all good. Disconnection occurs when a person speaks out against Scientology. That is the reason so many leave "under the radar". They no longer get services but they keep very quiet about it.
    I am one step away from being rich. All I need now is money

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Of course, that's part of it. Sometimes ID network will do a story on Scientonlogy on one of their programs; they have done shows specifically on cults about people in the sea org, but there have been one or two shows about a family that just happened to be Scientologists- they live in a normal home with their kids, work normal jobs (though usually employed by other scientologists. One show was about a woman that HAD been in the sea org or some sort of job where she had lived at their facility in LA, but she and her family went back to the Northeast to live just a regular life and were practicing Scientologists. Her son had a mental disorder that he had battled for many years and it ended badly with them just giving him vitamins for it and he ended up killing her in their family home. It's so sad what this organization costs families no matter if they are full fledged Sea Org parents or just regular Scientologists volunteering their time. I'm sure if they are just "regular" members; there is tremendous pressure to live within a community of other Scientologists with their work/livilhood tied up with others in the community so they can all "watch" each other and keep each other in line. And being shunned/ disconnected from the community / job blacklisted/ along with your family is strong persuasion , even if you aren't in the Sea Org. Clearwater is probably a hotbed of this type of thing.

Netflix Ousts Actor Danny Masterson Amid Rape Allegations

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b086e4e50461b1

DM is a Scientologist and there have been rumors that the CoS has been "protecting" him from LE. Even though LA has an ongoing "open" investigation on DM.
    Well NETFLIX is done with him.
    libgirl2 and mina like this.
    KAREN

THIS IS HYSTERICAL!!!!!!!

Punkin, dagwood, sclilred1 and 2 others like this.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread