+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree476Likes

Thread: Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath on A&E

Re: Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath on A&E

I don't know about you, but I'd take it a step further and suggest the contract is interpreted as non-binding to anyone that signs. Instead, it seems, to me anyway, that the billion year reference has more to do with a present day discussion and interpretation of afterlife.

Then why bother with it at all? Why tell them that they are doing work that is going to save the planet and mankind if they sign/join the "church" while making them feel they are part of the problem if they don't sign? They teach that they have been reborn over and over and over again and will continue to be reborn. That when they are reborn they are to return to their work in the Sea Org. They clearly believe that they are signed into the Sea Org for a billion years. And so many children (if not all of them) do not understand that they can truly get out of the Sea Org if they want to. This "religion" started out as a hoax, something LR Hubbard decided to do as a lark to see if it would catch on. It then became a cult.

The contract may be symbolic, but it is a symbol with a clear message- you are pledging complete unquestioning loyalty to scientology for eternity. Cultish fear provoking brainwashing.

I hear where you are coming from and the intellectual part of me believes the same of all religions, in that it's all a bunch of crock.

If you are familiar with me, you will notice I bitterly complain about the islamic caliphate because I think that from where it comes and how it is proselytized is sheer evil. In comparison, I think I can live with scientology rather than, let's say for example, the Muslim Brotherhood representing a radical medieval religious ideology.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I have a huge problem with a "church" that rapes children, removes them from their families, a leader that beats his people just because he is ticked anout something, that puts people in a prison (that the "church" controls and made) in order to "rehabilitate" them, and on and on. A person can see the major problems and crimes comitted by more than one "religion". However this is the one the show is about and the one that is being shown to be doing so much harm to so many people.

I find the stories on this show absolutely heartbreaking, especially the ones about the people who committed suicide. So many people hurt, families torn apart. Its so sad. And wrong.

One of the wisest things Leah Remini has said on the show is "We need to stop calling it a Church." Amen
    libgirl2, mina, KTinCT and 5 others like this.

I find this show so facinating and heartbreaking. I have no doubt that there are nominal Scientologists that give money and time, but don't ever go down the rabbithole of total inclusive living and working in their facilities/ sending away their children and the church isn't that bad for them or to them. But for those that do, I believe every word these people on this show are saying. I love the fact that Leah (although strongly presenting her side and the side of the victims) also shows statements from the church. She does offer them a platform to refute, but they won't cooperate. Probably because it would make them appear very foolish.

Since their spokesperson's (Tommy Davis, son of Anne Archer) departure from the spokesperson role in 2011, they have had no one publicly filing that role. I have seen several interviews that Tommy did and some candid video of him as well. He certainly appears to fit in well. It must be difficult for David Miscavige to find someone he trusts enough to go out in public and "defend" the "church". It doesn't appear that he really has one particular number 2 that would take over if anything should happen to him either. But then the way he swooped in and took control after LR Hubbard's death, it isn't surprising that he intends to maintain complete control no matter what.
    Punkin and momrek06 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1 View Post
    Since their spokesperson's (Tommy Davis, son of Anne Archer) departure from the spokesperson role in 2011, they have had no one publicly filing that role. I have seen several interviews that Tommy did and some candid video of him as well. He certainly appears to fit in well. It must be difficult for David Miscavige to find someone he trusts enough to go out in public and "defend" the "church". It doesn't appear that he really has one particular number 2 that would take over if anything should happen to him either. But then the way he swooped in and took control after LR Hubbard's death, it isn't surprising that he intends to maintain complete control no matter what.
    And I would still like to know where his wife is?
    Imperfect1 and sclilred1 like this.
    KAREN

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    And I would still like to know where his wife is?
    After Googling the question about where David Miscavige's wife Shelly is, and finding tons of articles stating that they think she's dead --- I found this article written by David Miscavige's father, Ron Miscavige, who left the church a while back.

"David Miscavige’s Father Ron - I Know Where Shelly Is"
    https://thedirty.com/gossip/exclusiv.../#post-2195945

I found Ron Miscavige's theory CHILLING. . . He says he was told (by Noriykaku Matsumaru, another former church member) that she's been put in 'THE HOLE' and that she's been there for the last 10 years. Whew!

Here's what Ron Miscavige says that Noriykaku Matsumaru told him:

"Now, I spoke to Noriykaku Matsumaru – who also left (he left the Church before I did) - and I said, ‘Where do you think Shelly is?’ He said, ‘Ronnie, I know where she is. She’s in the facility in Big Bear.’ This is up by Lake Arrowhead. I said, ‘How do you know that?’ He said, ‘Listen, when you would send her a gift, I would put it in that pigeon hole that would say to take it to that Sea Organization installation in Big Bear.’ And that’s how I know that’s where she is.”

So is Shelly in the infamous “hole,” a Scientology punishment center of sorts?

“It’s not a punishment center (where she is),” Ron confirmed. “What it is is this - and it’s believed by the people who follow L. Ron Hubbard- that every word he said or recorded or wrote is all put on these vanadium or stainless steel CD’s. And it’s stored… and put in an underground vault. This is one of the places they store all of his words so that no matter what were to happen on planet earth, they would be good for thousands of years. So if somebody were to come along, they could dig this up and hear what he had to say and his discoveries of life. That’s the type of installation it is. It’s a repository of everything he said or wrote and it’s stored in these underground vaults.”

So why has she not been seen in years, then?

It’s the way the church operates. It’s why… all of the executives… how come they went to the hole? It’s just nuts. It’s crazy. You get these people and they spend all day supposedly telling the other inhabitants of their crimes and of their misdeeds. It’s beyond trying to figure out analytically because there’s no analytical reason for it. It’s nuts. I’m telling you. That’s all you have to know. If you’re going to try to analyze why a person who’s nuts is acting in a certain way, you’re a little off the beam yourself. Just realize the guy is nuts, they’ll do anything. There’s not going to be a rational explanation for a lot of it.

Note that Ron’s version of where he believes Shelly is confirms previous reports that have appeared on famous Scientology writer Tony Ortega’s blog and elsewhere."

+ Reply to Thread