+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
Like Tree386Likes

Thread: Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath on A&E

Re: Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath on A&E

I don't know about you, but I'd take it a step further and suggest the contract is interpreted as non-binding to anyone that signs. Instead, it seems, to me anyway, that the billion year reference has more to do with a present day discussion and interpretation of afterlife.

Then why bother with it at all? Why tell them that they are doing work that is going to save the planet and mankind if they sign/join the "church" while making them feel they are part of the problem if they don't sign? They teach that they have been reborn over and over and over again and will continue to be reborn. That when they are reborn they are to return to their work in the Sea Org. They clearly believe that they are signed into the Sea Org for a billion years. And so many children (if not all of them) do not understand that they can truly get out of the Sea Org if they want to. This "religion" started out as a hoax, something LR Hubbard decided to do as a lark to see if it would catch on. It then became a cult.

The contract may be symbolic, but it is a symbol with a clear message- you are pledging complete unquestioning loyalty to scientology for eternity. Cultish fear provoking brainwashing.

I hear where you are coming from and the intellectual part of me believes the same of all religions, in that it's all a bunch of crock.

If you are familiar with me, you will notice I bitterly complain about the islamic caliphate because I think that from where it comes and how it is proselytized is sheer evil. In comparison, I think I can live with scientology rather than, let's say for example, the Muslim Brotherhood representing a radical medieval religious ideology.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I have a huge problem with a "church" that rapes children, removes them from their families, a leader that beats his people just because he is ticked anout something, that puts people in a prison (that the "church" controls and made) in order to "rehabilitate" them, and on and on. A person can see the major problems and crimes comitted by more than one "religion". However this is the one the show is about and the one that is being shown to be doing so much harm to so many people.
    Punkin and RealityRealmer like this.

I find the stories on this show absolutely heartbreaking, especially the ones about the people who committed suicide. So many people hurt, families torn apart. Its so sad. And wrong.

One of the wisest things Leah Remini has said on the show is "We need to stop calling it a Church." Amen

+ Reply to Thread