+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree476Likes

Thread: Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath on A&E

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath on A&E

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1 View Post
    I found part 1 of the questions answered on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hewyoUb6uio
    Just watched your video of Part 1 'Questions' - and it's an excellent video, sclilred.Thanks for posting it! This video answers many questions that I had. I'm looking forward to watching Part 2!
    causingchaos and sclilred1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    This show has been so eye-opening. I knew it was a cult and had heard rumors of the bad things but watching this shows just how dangerous it is.

I liked on the questions part two how the cult guy (sorry - can't remember names) broke down the pieces of a cult. I knew it was but liked having the explanation. I also liked how he said he could maybe reach people inside. He can just say what his experience in a cult was, meanwhile he's explaining what a cult is. It could give them things to consider without bashing what they so strongly are indoctrinated into. That would make it an intellectual presentation rather than emotional. I think that would make it easier for them to separate emtions from their considerations of if what they are being taught reaches the level of being a cult.

I hope that makes sense. IOW, rather than being told they're in a cult they would be told what a cult consists of so later when they consider that information they could figure out themselves it's a cult (like no criticism allowed).
    I think the intellectual approach is best. Anyone who is presented with an attack on their belief system that they hold dearly is going to rebel against whatever is being told to them. Imagine if someone walked up to you told you everything you believe is wrong and that you're in a cult? You won't believe it. That person telling you that is just another one of those bad people you heard about.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned in the show (I've only made it through one episode) but for people asking how people afford to climb the ladder who are not wealthy....the church has people open credit card accounts or increase credit limits in order to pay for auditing and books. I think they even have connections at banking institutions to help these peoples applications get approved.
    sclilred1 and Cornholio like this.

I watched part 1 finally the other day. Now I really want to see what happens next -- what is going on with the lawyers that they can't discuss?

Next I'll watch the 20/20 episode on Scientology in the meantime!20/20: 01/06/17: Scientology: A War Without Guns Watch Full Episode | 01/06/2017
    Imperfect1 likes this.

My guess is that they are working to get the 'tax exempt' status of Scientology rescinded. Because cults aren't tax exempt.
    causingchaos and Cornholio like this.
    Lynda

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I am really saddened to learn of all of the horrors that go on within this organization. This seems to be as bad as, or maybe even worse than the crimes committed against the massive hordes of people controlled by Warren Jeffs (the FLDS) and the Kingston Clans -- the religious polygamy/child molestation cults. Even though the the specific crimes of each of the cults against their members are different, the mind control and the abuse of the members are very similar to each other.

And I am constantly amazed that the US and state governmental crime fighting organizations (the police, FBI, CIA, and others) don't seem to be able or willing to do much, if anything, to put a stop to all of the wrongs that are continually being committed against soooooo many people.

(Yes, the authorities did, finally, catch Warren Jeffs and put him in jail for life --- but he's apparently still running things from jail -- and doling out even MORE abusive restrictions than ever before! I wonder if that would be the same case if Scientology's leader, David Miscavige, was prosecuted and jailed. . .)
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 01-28-2017 at 10:45 AM.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    (Yes, the authorities did, finally, catch Warren Jeffs and put him in jail for life --- but he's apparently still running things from jail -- and doling out even MORE abusive restrictions than ever before! I wonder if that would be the same case if Scientology's leader, David Miscavige, was prosecuted and jailed. . .)
    Tom Cruise is trying so hard to look like David Miscavige (the only man on earth who is shorter than he is); a lot of people consider him to be #2 in the Scientology hierarchy. If Miscavige ever went to prison, Cruise would love to take on the biggest role of his acting career - acting like the head of a cult.
    causingchaos likes this.
    I'm Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    My guess is that they are working to get the 'tax exempt' status of Scientology rescinded. Because cults aren't tax exempt.
    I was discussing this with my husband and he said the Government would have to do that, not lawyers. He feels that some of the people we have seen on the show might be bringing a lawsuit against this cult.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Tom Cruise is trying so hard to look like David Miscavige (the only man on earth who is shorter than he is); a lot of people consider him to be #2 in the Scientology hierarchy. If Miscavige ever went to prison, Cruise would love to take on the biggest role of his acting career - acting like the head of a cult.
    I always felt like it was the other way around - Miscavige is trying to look like TC.
    libgirl2 and AZChristian like this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    I always felt like it was the other way around - Miscavige is trying to look like TC.
    Then he needs bigger lifts in his shoes.

Have others noticed that after DM took over when LRH went on to a higher plane . . . the podium got lower.
    libgirl2 and Cornholio like this.
    I'm Paula.

+ Reply to Thread