+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: The Great American Baking Show (ABC starts 12/7/17)

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: The Great American Baking Show (ABC starts 12/7/17)

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    So, who won?
    I'm just getting a "this content is not available" message when I look up the Facebook page.
    The winner was:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Vallery Lomas from New York City.
    I'm Paula.

Amanda Faber. Wish I could post pictures, but here is a link: Amanda Faber | The Great American Baking Show

The Facebook page where I found her name was in a commercial post from Sue Bee Honey:
    Introducing Honey Red Wine Poached Pears, made with Aunt Sue's Raw & Unfiltered Honey. The Great American Baking Show season 2 winner Amanda Faber is sharing her delicious recipe, perfect for the holidays.
    http://www.luckynumber3.us/…/honey-r...ached-pears.h…
    Different name than AZ posted, so I wonder, what is the story?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Wasn't Amanda the one who won last year???

CCL

Yeah, Amanda was from last year. This year’s winner is the person AZChristian posted.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

Why was Amanda's bio in the list of season 3 cast? So confused...congrats to what AZ posted.
    AZChristian likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Why was Amanda's bio in the list of season 3 cast? So confused...congrats to what AZ posted.
    Looks like you somehow got on her bio that they still had cached from last season. I can pull up others from season 2 in the same way. She’s not listed if you go to the meet the cast section for season 3:
    The Great American Baking Show, Cast, Characters and Stars
    They should indicate on the bios what season they are in to avoid such confusion, though.

If you go to the abc site it also shows who the other finalists were for this season.
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

Here is a People article posted two hours ago. It confirms AZ's winner:

Great American Baking Show Winner Talks Cancellation | PEOPLE.com

Brianne Tracy December 21, 2017 10:44 PM

The Great American Baking Show’s newest winner, Vallery Lomas, has the perfect baker’s response to the show’s abrupt cancellation — “When life gives you lemons, I’m making lemon curds.”

The full-time attorney and part-time baker and blogger addressed ABC’s decision to pull season 3 of the show off the air just one week after it’s Dec. 7 premiere in light of the sexual harassment allegations made against pastry chef Johnny Iuzzini, one of the judges on the show, in a Facebook Live video on Thursday.

“Unfortunately because of the actions of Johnny Iuzzini, we are not able to broadcast the show as was originally planned,” Lomas explained.
    “I have experienced harassment, disrespectful comments and the pain those comments and actions can cause.”

She continued: “It has become commonplace, however, it’s important that all women have a safe place for our voices and our bodies.”

In October, four former employees who worked with Iuzzini accused him of sexual harassment in a lengthy Mic report. Their accounts included details of Iuzzini’s alleged disturbing actions which included touching employees’ butts with kitchen utensils as well as verbal abuse. The next month, four more sources came forward with their own stories of sexual harassment and abusive behavior by the chef.

Iuzzini responded to the outlet in a statement, saying, “I am shattered and heartbroken at the thought that any of my actions left members of my team feeling hurt or degraded. More importantly, I am deeply sorry to those who felt hurt.”

Instead of airing the rest of the episodes as planned, The Great American Baking Show announced Thursday that Lomas had won season 3 by posting a video recap (which has since been taken down) featuring clips of the unaired episodes — including the snow-filled moment that Lomas found out she won — on its Facebook page.

An ABC spokesperson previously said of the decision to pull the show, “In light of allegations that recently came to our attention, ABC has ended its relationship with Johnny Iuzzini and will not be airing the remainder of The Great American Baking Show episodes. ABC takes matters such as those described in the allegations very seriously and has come to the conclusion that they violate our standards of conduct. This season’s winner will be announced at a later date. Episodes of The Great Christmas Light Fight and CMA Country Christmas will take its place this week and next.”

Lomas noted that Iuzzini’s actions not only hurt the women he allegedly assaulted, but that they had a direct impact on her and the other contestants on the show by taking away their “chance to share our love of baking with all of you [viewers].”

@abcnetwork Pulled @thegreatamericanbakingshow From their line up due to allegations of harassment from years ago against one of the judges. I’ll be posting a statement about this later. For now, I choose to keep moving and keep smiling. Thank you for the support everyone 🙏🏾.

A post shared by Vallery Lomas (@foodieinnewyork) on Dec 15, 2017 at 10:32am PST

Though she didn’t get to share her journey on the show as planned, Lomas said, “We can’t ignore this behavior any longer.”

“I am glad we are taking a moment to galvanize around this issue,” she said. “It was a small road bump and if that’s something that I and [the other contestants] have to shoulder so that we can stand around this issue then that’s something that we gladly bear.”

The Great American Baking Show had returned to the ABC schedule for a three-week run and is based on the U.K. format. Celebrity chef Paul Hollywood judged the bakers alongside Iuzinni; Ayesha Curry and Spice Adam hosted.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Vallery was gracious, but - in my opinion - she and the other bakers became the final (we hope) innocent victims of Johnny's behavior.
    Miss_Griss, Kao, libgirl2 and 2 others like this.
    I'm Paula.

c'mon inner peace... Phart Blossom's Avatar

I'm glad I finally found out. I kept looking for the show and couldn't find anything about it. Now...did this Iuzzini cat grab the women on this show...or in his life as a chef? If he didn't do it on this show...they should have aired it.

There were complaints of him touching women's butts with utensils they say? A hefty rolling pin or cast iron skillet to his nuts would have been a good come back.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    Nobody is perfect...everyone's ass has a crack in it.

No allegations about him and anyone on the show. These were older allegations, which bothers me that they still hired him and then pulled the show.
    Arielflies likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789