+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: The Great American Baking Show (ABC starts 12/7/17)

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: The Great American Baking Show (ABC starts 12/1/16)

Amanda has joined the other reality board where I hang out. She does seem to be a genuinely nice person.
    libgirl2 and Arielflies like this.
    I'm Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Amanda has joined the other reality board where I hang out. She does seem to be a genuinely nice person.
    Tell her it was a great win!!
    Last edited by Arielflies; 01-15-2017 at 07:43 PM. Reason: fixed quote bracket
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Everyone over there is complimenting her, for sure!
    I'm Paula.

Which board, AZ? Can you say?

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    Which board, AZ? Can you say?
    Sent you a PM.
    I'm Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Sent you a PM.

Thanks!

Please PM me, too, AZChristian. Thanks.

I love this show and was happy with both women who fought it out to the end. I will say I also enjoyed the British version in years past. Too bad it was cancelled and we didn't get to see a holiday comp from them. The mini series of the English version (without an actual competition) was just....ok.

Sending the link now.
    I'm Paula.

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

Another season has commenced. Replacing Mary Berry is Paul while Johnny is the second judge.

The tent is located in Iver Heath, England...not Tennessee and the theme song is a very slight variation of the GBBS theme song.

The premiere was two hours - cake week to start and the second week was morning treats. Enjoying the new cast and marveling at the treats they put out. There have been two, count the TWO Paul Hollywood handshakes so far.

New hosts: I think I remember her first name is Ayesha and the guy calls himself Spice (Anthony Adams). Here are their bios:

Ayesha Curry is a New York Times best-selling cookbook author and host of Ayesha's Home Kitchen on Food Network. She recently launched her meal kit company, Homemade, and her much anticipated eponymous line of cookware will be available at retail nationwide next month. Her restaurant International Smoke, in partnership with Michelin-starred Chef Michael Mina, has locations in Waikiki, Los Angeles and San Francisco. She was also just announced as the newest face of Covergirl cosmetics, making history as the first food personality to ever don the title. Ayesha lives in the Bay Area with her two daughters, Riley and Ryan, and her husband Stephen Curry.

Anthony "Spice" Adams is a retired professional football player and media personality. After graduating from Penn State University, Anthony was selected in the 2003 NFL Draft by the San Francisco 49ers. After four seasons with the 49ers, he signed as a free agent with the Chicago Bears where he played until his retirement in 2012. In 2010, while playing for the Bears, Anthony was awarded both the Ed Block Courage Award and the Brian Piccolo Award demonstrating his work as a role model of inspiration, courage and loyalty within the community and on his team. Since his retirement, he's has kept busy serving as a football analyst and television host for shows on the Big Ten and Chicago Bears Network's, along with racking up tens of millions of views with his social media videos in which he has displayed the comedic and charismatic personality he's become known for. Anthony currently resides in Chicago's northern suburbs wife his wife, Andenika and four children.

About The Great American Baking Show

Back for a third season on The ABC Television Network, "The Great American Baking Show," based on the hit U.K. series "The Great British Bake Off," premieres on THURSDAY, DEC. 7 (9:00–11:00 p.m. EST), for a special three-week run where bakers from around the country put their best recipes forward as they compete in holiday-themed challenges and eliminations all hoping to be named "America's Best Amateur Baker."

Television personality and author of six best-selling cookbooks, Paul Hollywood, ("The Great British Bake Off") joins James Beard Award-winning pastry chef and cookbook author, Johnny Iuzzini, as judges where each week they will taste decadent and delicious treats alongside show hosts Ayesha Curry, New York Times best-selling cookbook author and television personality, and Anthony "Spice" Adams, former NFL star and media personality.

"The Great American Baking Show" (formerly "The Great Holiday Baking Show") is from Love Productions and developed by Richard McKerrow and Anna Beattie. Executive producers are Richard McKerrow, Kevin Bartel, Simon Evans and Faye Stapleton.

Watch The Great American Baking Show TV Show - ABC.com
    AZChristian and woodiedog like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: The Great American Baking Show (ABC starts 12/7/17)

That’s quite a time commitment for the U.S. contestants to travel to and stay in the U.K. for this show, rather than filming again in Tennessee.
    I enjoyed the first episode!

+ Reply to Thread