+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By provenceguy
  • 1 Post By navybelle
  • 1 Post By Imperfect1
  • 1 Post By GolfGrrl

Thread: Project Runway: Fashion Startup (Lifetime)

Project Runway: Fashion Startup (Lifetime)

The latest PR companion show premieres tonight @ 10:30PM ET, after the new episode of Project Runway.

It is a completely different kind of show, more like PR meets Shark Tank.

Fashion and entrepreneurialism are brought to a whole new level with Lifetime’s “Project Runway: Fashion Startup,” premiering Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 10:30pm ET/PT. The series showcases aspiring fashion and beauty entrepreneurs as they pitch their concepts for the chance to secure funds from a panel of expert investors to help grow their budding ventures.

The panel includes Katia Beauchamp, the Co-Founder & CEO of beauty retailer Birchbox; tech marketplace maven and Founder and CEO of plus-size clothing rental startup Gwynnie Bee, Christine Hunsicker; celebrated fashion designer Rebecca Minkoff; and business mentor of the CFDA Incubator program, CEO of Hilldun Corporation and Chairman of Interluxe Holdings LLC, Gary Wassner. With their own time and money on the line, the experts give each entrepreneur tough love and sage advice as they pitch their concepts with hopes of securing an investment. With so much at stake, “Project Runway: Fashion Startup” could be the beginning of a beautiful partnership for some, or the end of a dream for others. Special appearances by renowned fashion designer Tommy Hilfiger; Founder and President of the Rodial Group, Maria Hatzistefanis; Co-Founder of SoulCycle, Julie Rice; and Jenny Fleiss, Co-Founder and Head of Logistics at Rent the Runway, will be made throughout the series, among others.

“Project Runway: Fashion Startup” is produced by The Weinstein Company (TWC) and Matador. Bob Weinstein, Harvey Weinstein, Patrick Reardon and Barbara Schneeweiss serve as executive producers for TWC while Jay Peterson, Todd Lubin and James Bruce executive produce for Matador. Executive producing for Lifetime are Mary Donahue and David Hillman.
    Project Runway: Fashion Startup Full Episodes, Video & More | Lifetime
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Project Runway: Fashion Startup (Lifetime)

Thanks for the reminder, MF! I've been seeing the commercials for this show and plan to watch.
    Current Pools: Celebrity Apprentice 8, Project Runway: Junior 2
    Upcoming Pools:
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

I don't get Lifetime so I can't watch this. But it doesn't sound all that interesting. Shark Tank or Dragon's Den with less diverse pitches, basically. Yawn.

Very, very boring.
    beerbelly and Imperfect1 like this.

I really wanted to like this show, but it did nothing to interest me at all!
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I was interested in seeing what the products were, but I only had a little bit of interest in the investment portion --- and the investment portion was waaaaay too detailed for me, in the context of a tv program. That's not to say that I didn't 'appreciate' the detail and depth of the interaction between the designers and the investors (and the other 'Shark Tank' like programs) --- it was just too boring to sit through (to me), and not 'entertainment' at all.
    ibot2much likes this.

1 epi was enough for me. I don't care for Shark Tank, but thought this fashion angle would pull me in. It didn't.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

I thought the second episode was better than the first but not enough to continue to watch it.

I was sleepless last night and caught this at 2:00 AM. Two women were hawking hair extensions. Part of their buzz for the product came from a show....REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NEW YORK!
    Yes, they thought people would flock to their web site after seeing MS Turtle Time rocking those awful extensions.
    They should have known better than to say they were the source for Ramona's awful hair!

+ Reply to Thread