+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ludacris challenges Pepsi's Ozzy ad

Ludacris challenges Pepsi's Ozzy ad

Ludacris challenges Pepsi's Ozzy ad
    Associated Press

Is Ludacris nastier than Ozzy Osbourne?

The rapper and his people say no, and are wondering why he was yanked from Pepsi ads for his vulgar language, while foul-mouthed rocker Osbourne got his own Super Bowl commercial.

Hip-hop icon Russell Simmons has called for a boycott of the soda-maker, accusing Pepsi of applying a double standard, reports The Philadelphia Inquirer. The boycott, which will be rescinded if Pepsi reinstates Ludacris’ ads, asks that ‘‘all artists and supporters of hip-hop culture refrain from supporting Pepsi and all PepsiCo products.’’

Pepsi pulled the rapper’s ads after TV commentator Bill O’Reilly and several others complained about offensive lyrics in Ludacris’ songs.

[From the Dayton Daily News: 02.08.2003]

Leo
    Premium Member
    Ludacris? More like, ludicrous. :rolleyes

Sleeping with George W
    I dislike frivalous lawsuits and boycots, I truly do, but I think they have a point here. There is no more vulgarity on TV than on The Osbornes. So why single out Ludacrous? Also am against playing the race card, but dare I say could the real answer be because he's black??

I also hate hate hate Bill O'Reilly. He's an ultra conservative bag of hot air who needs to Just. Shut. Up. Pepsi should have a spine and tell him to shove it.

There is ONE difference, though. Ozzy is vulgar in real life, while his lyrics are not. Ludacris is vulgar in his lyrics, and I have no personal knowledge of his "every day" behavior.

It blurs the line somewhat that Ozzy is on television as his vulgar self, though.

I can both see the point and the distinction.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    The commercial was funny and had no bleeps. I don't think Ludacris was willing to do a commercial their way.

A news story this morning says that Pepsi has averted the strike by donating several million dollars to Ludacris' charity organization.

I mean boycott, not strike.

FORT Fanatic
    I agree, Eden.

Some find Ozzy's lyrics and image to be offensive. I can't really see any difference between doing a commercial with him or with Ludacris.

Insert Funny "Quote" Here nofx242's Avatar
    I dont see why Pepsi gave in. I wish some of these big companys would just stand up to stupid lawsuits. I know they arent worried with the loss of says they might happen, they dont want the bad publicity.

+ Reply to Thread