+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who is Kelly's New Love?

Who is Kelly's New Love?

His name is Bert McCracken (make your own jokes there, folks).

He's the lead singer for an Orem, Utah-based band called "The Used". Apparently, every place in Utah they managed to land a gig, they were never invited back. Here's a quote from their site which may explain why:

McCracken, who prowls the stage singing and screaming as if jockeying for an aneurysm, often drops chow. "Sometimes, there's no way in hell I can keep it down," he laughs. "I just love to scream in people's faces and sometimes it makes me puke."
    Probably not coincidentally, they are touring with Ozzfest this year.

[IMG]images/user/rw_theused_cover.jpg[/IMG]

"There was a long time when I just wasn't willing to do the whole Mormon thing, and my parents couldn't deal with that so they kicked me out," McCracken said. "I just kicked it around wherever, slept in the park or at friends' houses wherever I could crash."

While the Used haven't officially released a single yet, "A Box Full of Sharp Objects" is receiving radio play, and a live video for the song is in rotation at video outlets.

"That song, for me, is about drugs and alcohol and loss and love," rambled McCracken. "It's about being proud of who you are, being proud of your situation and just being stoked that things are always going to get better or always gonna get worse and that's such a great thing. Every day is a new surprise."

The single was inspired mostly by the singer's drug experiences, which ranged from being arrested for being high and trying to buy alcohol after hours to watching one of his peers destroyed by the substances he himself was so reliant on.

"One of my ex-girlfriend's really good friends passed away of a drug overdose, and that was kind of crazy at the time 'cause we were all out of our minds."

Lots of hedonistic rockers get hooked on drugs after they join a touring rock band, but the camaraderie of being in the Used has had a calming effect on McCracken.

"For a long time I was really off the deep end using needles," he said. "But all these guys are clean and sober and they're good guys, and they've helped me out a lot. ... I don't think it would have worked out if it hadn't been these guys."
    A lovely addition to the Osbourne household. Let's hope no one has to get up at 7:00am to let this guy out before he craps on the rug.

Sounds like every mother's dream son-in-law.
    "That's Numberwang!"

JR.
    This is one of the reasons why I never want kids. If I had a son, I'd be afraid he'd turn out like this, or if I had a daughter she'd marry a guy like this.

From the write-up he sounds like the type that just desperately wants to be seen as rebellious.
    He'll probably end up as a stock broker.
    "That's Numberwang!"

eny
    FORT Fogey
    As a fun aside what other Utah singing group hails from Orem ?
    Give up? Well they are very close in style to "the Used "
    The Osmonds. In fact I believe they have a big recording studio there. .
    I think the Osmonds would give Ozzy more nightmares than Bert would...

JR
    Originally posted by JR.
    This is one of the reasons why I never want kids. If I had a son, I'd be afraid he'd turn out like this, or if I had a daughter she'd marry a guy like this.
    you're adorable! seeings how you obviously have some bad-boy/girl genes with your simmons/kiss avatar - i think it's cute!

i date a former/recovering kiss addict. not that kiss was anything like kelly's bad-boy for cryin in the rain.

how come he's only been talked about or seen in one show?
    "Eat, drink and be merry...for tomorrow we die." ~DMB

IS she still seeing him?.... I heard they had split...

Dustbunny

+ Reply to Thread