+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'Mighty Matriarchs' Square Up for Xmas TV Duel

'Mighty Matriarchs' Square Up for Xmas TV Duel

'Mighty Matriarchs' Square Up for Xmas TV Duel

2 hours, 46 minutes ago

LONDON (Reuters) - The Queen's traditional Christmas TV message faces competition from an unlikely source this year with rocker Ozzy Osbourne's wife planning a rival broadcast.

"Two mighty matriarchs will confront each other across the nation's turkeys when Sharon Osbourne goes head to head with the Queen to deliver the alternative Christmas message on Channel 4," the broadcaster said in a statement on Wednesday.

Channel 4 said Osbourne's message, which like the Queen's will be broadcast at 3 p.m. on Christmas Day, was aimed at viewers "who crave more challenging TV fare with their festive pud."

It gave no hint as to the theme of the message, which will be recorded later in December, but said Osbourne shared with the monarch a love of dogs and a reputation for hard work.

The Osbournes shot to stardom this year with their award-winning reality TV show of life in their unconventional family.

As well as being Ozzy's manager, Sharon Osbourne, 50, has been given her own talk show in the United States.

Typical of Channel 4 to challenge the status uo like this.

I hate the queen's Christmas message, I hate everything about the queen and all the rest of the royal family.
    I would be tuning in to Sharon for certain.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Apparently they showed it in Canada but we were having too much fun to watch and forgot all about it.

Did anyone see it?
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread