+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ozzy Osbourne Was Sexually Abused as Child -Paper

Ozzy Osbourne Was Sexually Abused as Child -Paper

Ozzy Osbourne Was Sexually Abused as Child -Paper

Sun Nov 30, 9:19 PM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - British heavy metal singer Ozzy Osbourne said in a newspaper interview on Monday that he was sexually abused as a child.

The former Black Sabbath frontman, who won a new generation of fans with a fly-on-the-wall TV series set in his Beverly Hills home, said the abuse took place when he was a schoolboy in central England.

"I was sexually abused as a kid," Osbourne, 54, said in an interview splashed across three pages of the Daily Mirror. "Two boys used to wait for me to come home after school.

"They felt me and touched me. It became a regular thing on the way home from school -- it seemed to go on forever."

He said he was too scared to tell his parents and that he needed counseling later in life to come to terms with it.

"When I was a kid, people did not talk about these things like they do know," he said. "I worked it out with a therapist."

Osbourne became of the world's biggest heavy metal stars, selling more than 60 million albums in a three-decade career noted for its alcohol- and drug-fueled excess.

He said he cut down his drinking after an ultimatum from his wife, Sharon, who was diagnosed with colon cancer in 2002.

"She left me for four days," he said. "I think I have had one glass of wine since."

The alcohol exacerbated a hereditary condition which gives him a pronounced tremor, which he controls with medication.

"Now I am only taking two pills three times a day and I feel a hell of a lot better for it," he said.

After performing for Britain's Queen Elizabeth and winning a third series of his reality TV show, Osbourne said he was surprised by his long-running success.

"I have a had an incredible life," he told the Mirror. "I am 55 on December 3 -- how I survived is a miracle."

Child Abuse

This is trailertrash gossip. Unless we hear it from Ozzy or his wife, it should be ignored. The press just love to rape celebrities and the Osbournes have had more than their share. When I saw this comment it disgusted me. I am sure if Sharon is approached with this on her show, she or Ozzy would give a true answer and only then will it have any credibility.

No offense to anyone, just my opinion.

Considering it says that Ozzy told the paper this himself in an interview, I'd tend to put a LITTLE more credence in it than you, I guess.

Regardless of the sleaziness of the paper itself...

Ozzy's past

This is a new year and wouldn't it be great if we just concentrated on the positive things in people's lives rather than dwell on the past, which is usually exaggerated, ugly and mostly untruths. The press really should be more empathic to people. It is too bad that the people that write the gossip columns are not important enough to get their names in the news....

Ozzy's words on abuse

[QUOTE=Bonnie1943]This is trailertrash gossip. Unless we hear it from Ozzy or his wife, it should be ignored. The press just love to rape celebrities and the Osbournes have had more than their share. When I saw this comment it disgusted me. I am sure if Sharon is approached with this on her show, she or Ozzy would give a true answer and only then will it have any credibility.

No offense to anyone, just my opinion.I would like to hear Ozzy confirm this as did Sharon with the gossip that she supposedly cheated on Ozzy. The press had this all wrong. Don't you think that Sharon or Ozzy would have confirmed this abuse statement??

Well, besides that article John's using, I found another like it with more direct quotes from the man himself on CNN. This is just me, but I don't think these publications want to risk a lawsuit for attributing direct quotes that are not true to Mr. Osbourne.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I don't get what people don't understand about this article.

OZZY himself TOLD the paper, FIRST-HAND, about being sexually abused as a child.

How is that "trailertrash gossip" in any form you can stretch your mind to?

If you choose not to believe, or to deny that it happened, that's your own choice. But obviously Ozzy feels that the time is right to confess it to the world.

I believe him, he's usually pretty candid, when you can make out what he's saying
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Article on Ozzy's Abuse

Sorry John, I'm sorry, I don't doubt you but here in upstate New York, I haven't seen any article about this.

Has anyone heard of the progress that Ozzy is making? His new series is due to start soon. I watch Sharon's show each day hoping that when the show is live and not reruns they will give an update.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast