+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rob - "Kelly's Friend"

Rob - "Kelly's Friend"

The Osbournes adopted Kelly's friend Rob a few months ago after his mother passed away. Expect to see a lot more of Rob this season!

JR.
    A little more on the story behind Rob:

[b]Osbournes "Adopt" Another Kid[b/]

by Mark Armstrong
    Aug 14, 2002, 11:00 AM PT

Sharon Osbourne is about to welcome a new child into the house of Ozzy.

No, the heavy metal matriarch isn't expecting. Instead, Sharon tells the New York Post that she and her husband have "adopted" their daughters' best friend, whose mom died of the same type of cancer that Sharon is battling.

Robert Marcato, a friend of Osbourne daughters Kelly and Aimee, will join the family during the upcoming second season of their MTV series. The Osbourne clan has opened up its home to the 18-year-old after his mother Regan died last week of complications from colon cancer. She was 36.

Sharon Osbourne tells the Post that she and Ozzy also plan to pay for his college education.

"He wants to go to drama school and we're sending him to the best drama school we can find," she said.

"Right now, he wants to stay in L.A. he's a bit insecure because he doesn't have any family," Sharon added. "We want to get him secure here, then we're going to take our time to pick the best college for him. Robert will be part of the show as 'Baby Osbourne'--even though he's 18."

Marcato has actually already appeared on several episodes of The Osbournes--in fact, he's been more visible than daughter Aimee, who refused to appear on the show during its first run.

Osbourne met Marcato's mother through their children about four years ago. Sharon eventually helped pay for medical expenses and nursing care during her final days.

"She had no medical care at home and she was beyond saving--they won't let you stay in the hospital and die, so you go to a hospice or go home," she said. "I had private nurses for her 24 hours a day for the last nine days of her life. Every day, the doctors would say, 'Maybe two more hours.' But she lived for nine days--she defied everybody."

Sharon, meanwhile, says she's feeling fine after undergoing chemotherapy treatment for colon cancer, which she was diagnosed with in July. She went under the knife at a Los Angeles-area hospital, where doctors removed a one-foot section of her colon.

"I'm doing okay, I'm fine," she said. "I'm so happy--three [chemo treatments] down and 22 to go. I can kick anyone's ass right now!"

She's doing well enough that Ozzy recently returned to his headlining spot on this summer's Ozzfest tour, which wraps its run September 8 in Dallas. Osbourne's cancer battle will also likely be included on The Osbournes when its second season debuts on MTV this fall.

+ Reply to Thread