+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Osbourne Remembers Strict Parents

Osbourne Remembers Strict Parents

Osbourne Remembers Strict Parents

Thu Nov 7,12:17 PM ET

NEW YORK (AP) - The Osbournes are almost as well known for their foul mouths as they are for their rock star father, but MTV's favorite family has not always used such colorful language.

Aimee Osbourne, Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne's oldest daughter, told ABC's "20/20" that until recently her parents did not allow their children to swear.

"We never did when we were little. It was only I'd say the last year my parents have kind of been letting that slide," Osbourne said. "Because, I mean, they were very strict with that when we were younger. And we were raised in England, and English schools you say like 'hell' and you're out of there."

Sharon Osbourne said her children curse at home, but know when it's inappropriate.

"They don't talk that way to you. They don't talk that way to people that they meet," Sharon Osbourne told Barbara Walters on "20/20." "It doesn't bother me. I talk that way to them."

The "20/20" interview was the first major TV appearance for Aimee Osbourne, who chose not to participate in the MTV series that chronicles the lives of her parents and younger siblings, 18-year-old Kelly and 16-year-old Jack.

Osbourne has show business aspirations, but as a singer instead of a reality TV star. Osbourne admitted she was upset that sister Kelly snagged a record deal first, after releasing a cover of Madonna's "Papa Don't Preach" on the soundtrack to their MTV show, "The Osbourne Family Album."

"I think for me to be upset would be kind of selfish because she has a life, she has a talent, and why shouldn't she?" she said.

Hmmm, I thought Aimee was the one originally approached to make a single but suggested that Kelly do it instead.

The story I heard even had Aimee selecting the song she should sing.
    "That's Numberwang!"

JR.
    Aimee has said in an interview that she wants to try and make a name for herself without the help of this show, that's why she wasn't a part of it.

From what I've heard, she is working on an album, and will appear on a few episodes this season, but is not officially part of the show.

Yeah, she's agreed to be on at least a few episodes this season.

I had also heard that, fluff, that she helped pick out the song and everything. Strange, then, that she would have been upset.

And really, how hard can it be to get a record contract when your mom owns major label?

Exactly John.
    For god's sake, Jack was only 15 when the last series was made and he was working for Epic.
    I'm sure they sign a whole mess of 15 year olds to work for them each year.

She has made a name for herself by not being on the show just as surely as she would have done if she were on it.
    Last edited by fluff; 06-04-2003 at 08:53 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Roy
    I totally agree.

+ Reply to Thread