+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Osbournes "WTF?" episode 20 recap

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    This episode was stupid. I couldn't see any point in it. Why end the season with this crap?
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Explanation of Final Show

I don't feel we were duped and because of the tremendous audience this show has, the public will be informed of what actually did happen. It probably will show up as a 'Special Report' as they had with Jack and ....his rehab experience or with an investigative reporter. This alone will draw a huge audience.
    I would like to believe that this was all a dream that Jack had and it is the cliffhanger for the ext episode. Wasn't it after this last season that Jack entered the rehab? Remember that Bert broke up with Kelly on Valentine's Day so I am thinking along that time frame.

I have enough confidence in Ozzy that with his integrity, he will not let his public believe this show was just a common sitcom...As you can tell, I am hoping for a very logical explanation.

FORT Newbie

Genius

Not only was that show genius, but the entier series could be. First off several of you people have a far less than average IQ. Jack didn't kill minni, minni is alive and well. And whoever said that they filmed the final scene before jack killed the dog as a coverup... my god... do you think? They obviously couldn't film the scene before jack killed the dog because... if you believe it's a cover up, than jack didnt' plan to kill the dog. This episode was a joke, the entire series could be a joke. Either way it is complete and total genius, Do any of you really care if it's real or not? does it make it less funny if it's scripted, i think it's MORE funny if it's insanely crazy, but just sane enough to be real, who knows if it's fake, who cares. The shows exactly the same, and we know that atlesat some of it has always been scripted because it showed ozzy doing numerous takes of the "I love you all to death..." scene, so here are the things we know.

1. Jack did NOT kill minni, if you think he did, i urge you not to breed
    2. Parts of the show have always been scripted

Thats really it, genius is all i have to say. I know a lot of people think the show is crap now cause it might be scripted, but i believe it was complete and total gold. I'm curious to know if it's all scripted or not but i don't much care if it is beyond simple curiousity. The show exists for entertainment, it's the same show scripted or not, and this episode was entertaining to the fullest.

The point of the episode? How can anyone argue the point of the episode? what do you mean? If you think the show is unscripted, then the point of EVERY episode is to give us a glimpse into the life of the Osbournes, if the show is scripted than it's point is to entertain us. The point of this episode specific, if it's all scripted, is to show us that it might not all be true, and who cares. anyone who has such an obession with these peoples personal lives are sick. if you care so much that you woudln't watch the show if it's scripted because it's fake, and that you only watched it cause it's real, you are a sick individual. This show as great, genius, i can't say enough good things about it. It is perhaps the best thing i have ever seen on TV, yes we were all tricked, in this episode, and maybe all of them, but get over your petty egos, it's hilarious, nothing better than a joke that can trick every mtv viewer (which since several are teen bobbers, it isn't difficult, but still)

Best show ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Inanimate
    Best show ever.
    While I agree that the final episode was clever, I think you are going WAY overboard by calling it the best show ever!
    What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure. -Samuel Johnson

On Hiatus
    I read somewhere a while back...maybe a month or so...that Jack and Ozzy were competing to get to 100 days sober first. So that would indicate that Jack went into rehab like, six months ago...which is very likely too late to make it into last season's episodes.

However, I have to say, if they don't deal with his rehab at all, I will be disappointed in the next season. They dealt so honestly and frankly with Sharon's cancer, it just seems stupid not to deal with Jack's Oxycontin addiction with the same candor. Not to mention...it might do some people some good to see how dangerous mixing that drug really is.

Pardon me while I step off my soapbox now.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

I also think that this was one of the best episodes.

We had to put some thought in it.

Final Show

I don't think that the last show turned its viewers away. More people than admit are addicted to this show. It actually is a funny, no thinker, and many people (more than admit) can relate to many of their situations. The older viewers who really were not favorable to Ozzy's kind music are really fond of this man, in spite of his vocabulary, is a gentle, kind person who really could relate to all of the problems his family encountered. He took a generation of people who had no idea who he was and had them waiting for Tuesday night and his new episode. The older generation knows how teenagers and wives behave but had no idea who or what this man was. When any of them were being unreasonable, or got themselves in trouble his advice was real and good. I felt that he spoke from experience. I also believe that if Ozzy ever laid down the law, they would all sit up and take notice. People underestimate him and his intelligence. No one makes a person so successful except themselves. I don't think I have heard anyone give him credit for his sucess. Of course, his wife is a large contributing factor but he made it happen.

I believe that the new series will draw people that never watched the show because of the way this show ended. I witnessed a hospital floor getting their duties done quickly so that the nurses, doctors (yes, doctors) could watch this show with their patients and all the while hoping that there would not be an emergency at that time. I thought that was quite funny that the Osbournes had that many viewers that were not just in the 20s, 30s and 40s age group.

I didn't mean to run on with this post but this is how my generation sees this show and look forward to the new series.

My mother, boyfriend and I were watching together that night. We are normal watches and adore the whole family, tho I do have a small problem with Jack. I try to remember his age. Anyway, we all gasped when it showed Jack "killing" Minnie. We couldn't believe it. My mother and I started crying when Ozzy cried a bit and told Sharon Minnie was dead, and when Sharon screamed, we started to sob. Our jaws dropped when that......... ending happened.

That wasn't funny .. it was rather cruel and we felt betrayed.

Betrayed by the Osbourne's Final Show

Please don't feel betrayed!!! The show right from the first minute or so was not at all relative to any other of their episodes. Jack repeating his dream so many times, the music, the atmosphere. If you think about it, Minnie would never have been in Jack's room for any reason without Sharon. Jack's drug situation was used as a tool to make it so believeable. Kelly's behavior going completely overboard, the same with Sharon. I don't believe there isn't anything in the world that would prompt Sharon to behave in that manner.

So, they had a script for this show, they also proved that the Osbournes cannot be scripted. They left on the note, there are many issues they have to deal with for next season. I believe that they will deal with them easily, don't you? They dealt with much and handled it probably better than most of their viewers could. This show was #1 and I am sure it will continue to be.

There is a great amount of people looking forward to their return. They left us waiting for the next show with more anticipation than ever before. For all we know, this whole show can be one of their dreams!!! Don't be too harsh with the Osbournes.....They proved just how believeable they can be, truth or not. Many viewers don't like what they saw but I am sure it will be worth waiting for the closure to this episode. I didn't think it followed their style, but what style are they and we all loved to watch them. Why don't we wait before we judge them.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie1943
    So, they had a script for this show, they also proved that the Osbournes cannot be scripted.
    How did that prove that the show can't be scripted? Everyone believed that episode was "real". How can anyone really be sure that there was only a script for this show?
    There is a great amount of people looking forward to their return. They left us waiting for the next show with more anticipation than ever before. For all we know, this whole show can be one of their dreams!!! Don't be too harsh with the Osbournes.....They proved just how believeable they can be, truth or not. Many viewers don't like what they saw but I am sure it will be worth waiting for the closure to this episode. I didn't think it followed their style, but what style are they and we all loved to watch them. Why don't we wait before we judge them
    I got more angry emails after this show than I did for all of the previous episodes combined. People are really pissed because there was no need for it, and it didn't make sense. I'm pretty sure the ratings will suffer next year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast