+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what did i just see?

I couldn't believe it either when I thought I "saw" Jack kill Minnie....but they've never used nighttime bedroom cameras before on the show, have they? And then that it happened off camera.....

I was also confused when they ran that part again! Now I'm wondering if the whole thing was scripted or not (the whole run of the show, not just last night, I mean)! Ozzy made the comment after they "cut" "Does this mean I don't have to say f**k again?"

Things that make you go hmmm.....

But the whole Jack killing Minnie thing was WRONG!! Wrong I tell you! Wrong!! (I was in shock until I saw the cue cards, then I was cursing bloody murder....)

><}}}}*> ~*~ <*{{{{>< Bayou_brat's Avatar
    I think, like stated before, the last show was scripted. Kelly and Sharon's big fight, to make Kelly move out. Jack 'killing" Minnie making Jack want to leave the house. Sharon being so upset about Minnie dying that she left the house...and Ozzy stuck home alone with that stupid remote control. The whole show was scripted.

Now, for the previous shows, I think that they were real. The part where he and Jack was in the kitchen, and he stated that they were all mad, could have been re'-done to make the audience question the whole season(s).

I don't think that Sharon faked Cancer, and Ozzy faked his foot accident, nor Jack faked his elbow injury. I think the problems they had with the neighbors were all real, the fleas were real, and the argueing was real.

I just can't believe that they (MTV) had them act out every thing we saw. I don't think the Osbournes would agree to it either, knowing if they did, and once the audience found out, they would turn from the show. I think it was just the last show-- to make us all wonder-- and it worked!

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou_brat
    I think, like stated before, the last show was scripted. Kelly and Sharon's big fight, to make Kelly move out. Jack 'killing" Minnie making Jack want to leave the house. Sharon being so upset about Minnie dying that she left the house...and Ozzy stuck home alone with that stupid remote control. The whole show was scripted.

Now, for the previous shows, I think that they were real.
    Absolutely, they were playing the audience last night -- in a good-natured way. It was the classic Newhart twist. That doesn't mean the whole series was scripted. Come on, people.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

On Hiatus
    Okay, confusion...I didn't get to watch the show last night but now I wanna know...can someone tell me in a nutshell A) if any animals were harmed in the making of this episode and B) what happened with the cue cards?
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

FORT addict
    i was really confused watching that episode. why did they go right to commercial right after jack "killed" minnie? and then they re-ran it?

i was thinking about it and i dont see how the entire show could have been scripted. none of them are actors. so i thought that maybe with the "you're all f-in mad" line, maybe ozzy said it but the camera wasnt on him or it took him to long to get it to come out (you know how he is some times). just a thought.

but they definetly did that to mess with our brains
    <3 Greta

I didn't see this episode either, and my head's spinning. I know JR will have the recap later this afternoon, but can someone sum up what happened and why all the controversy?

what happened...

I'm a greenhorn at recaps, but I'll give it a brief shot..

All seemed to go fine and dandy, the first part appearring to be just like a regular ol' Osbourne's episode. Then Jack comes in and Sharon and Ozzy ask him about a bite on his arm, apparently Kelly bit him. They talk a bit about Kelly, who comes into the door, picks a wedgie and gets mad and storms off. We next see her kicking her suitcase down the stairs in a fit of anger, presumably leaving the house. Cut back to the family area where they are discussing Jack and Kelly's strength level, and Ozzy makes a comment about how he knows that Jack is a lot stronger than he appears.

Night camera shot of the edge of Jack's bed, where Minnie is sniffing around. Jack reaches over, scoops up Minnie and rolls her off camera. All we see are Jack's legs flailing around and yips and barks from Minnie, until no more sounds and the legs stop moving. Cut to morning when Jack wakes up..."Whoa! Bleep!" and then scenes of Ozzy and Sharon calling for Minnie. Jack takes the body and sneaks out of the house.....calls Ozzy later to tell him what he did... "I killed minnie."
    Ozzy tells Sharon, Sharon is visibley distressed, and leaves in the middle of the night as well.

Ozzy is left with his tv stuck on the weather channel, and does a Mousekeeter Roll Call. "CUT!" The camera pans and we see a gentleman holding cue cards, the camera crew, the family, and Sharon holding Minnie.......

Does that answer the cue cards and death of minnie questions? Sorry if I spoiled it for anyone.....

JR has his recap posted, too, which helps explain a lot of it.

Thanks, WC!

FORT Newbie
    You guys -- it was only this *last episode* that was scripted! The show was always being questioned as to whether it's scripted or not, and it's not... they scripted this last episode to tease the audience. The part during the credits was obviously heavily edited. All they did was add sound effects of some guy saying "cut" etc., and added in clips of Ozzy stammering, to make it seem like there was someone directing him. Sorry, I just don't see how some people couldn't realize that it was only this episode that was scripted, and that the credits scene was edited... maybe they were just too shocked by the fake storyline. I agree, the Mini thing was really disturbing, and at first I thought it was a genius concept, but now I'm thinking it'll make a lot of people feel differently about the show.

Anyways, this epiode made it seem like it was last episode of the whole series. It had a very "the show's over!" feel to it, as if we're not seeing it again. They said something like "you can all leave us alone now" at the end. Is it coming back for another season for sure???
    Last edited by chelle; 08-13-2003 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WyldeChylde77
    I'm a greenhorn at recaps, but I'll give it a brief shot..

All seemed to go fine and dandy, the first part appearring to be just like a regular ol' Osbourne's episode. Then Jack comes in and Sharon and Ozzy ask him about a bite on his arm, apparently Kelly bit him. They talk a bit about Kelly, who comes into the door, picks a wedgie and gets mad and storms off. We next see her kicking her suitcase down the stairs in a fit of anger, presumably leaving the house. Cut back to the family area where they are discussing Jack and Kelly's strength level, and Ozzy makes a comment about how he knows that Jack is a lot stronger than he appears.

Night camera shot of the edge of Jack's bed, where Minnie is sniffing around. Jack reaches over, scoops up Minnie and rolls her off camera. All we see are Jack's legs flailing around and yips and barks from Minnie, until no more sounds and the legs stop moving. Cut to morning when Jack wakes up..."Whoa! Bleep!" and then scenes of Ozzy and Sharon calling for Minnie. Jack takes the body and sneaks out of the house.....calls Ozzy later to tell him what he did... "I killed minnie."
    Ozzy tells Sharon, Sharon is visibley distressed, and leaves in the middle of the night as well.

Ozzy is left with his tv stuck on the weather channel, and does a Mousekeeter Roll Call. "CUT!" The camera pans and we see a gentleman holding cue cards, the camera crew, the family, and Sharon holding Minnie.......

Does that answer the cue cards and death of minnie questions? Sorry if I spoiled it for anyone.....
    I think taking any part of a reality show and admitting you scripted it ruins credibility....bigtime...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast