+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sharon's New Talk Show ??

Sharon's New Talk Show ??

Apologies in advance: I don't watch the Osbournes. Or MTV for that matter.

I've looked thru the Osbournes forum and didn't see a thread about this already, so hope y'all can help.

Here's the story:

My oldest daughter (14) went on vacation last week to NY with family. While doing the 'tourist thing' and walking the Brooklyn Bridge a female producer came up to them and asked if they'd like to be on TV.

Long story short, they apparently taped a promo spot (with my daughter in it!) for Sharon's upcoming talk show in which Daughter, Sis in Law and Niece are shouting, "Sharon! Sharon!"

Producer says they will definitely be on TV. Says the show begins in August. Daughter says it will be on MTV, sis in law says it would be on the WB in our area.

Of course, I don't want to miss this - but since The Osbournes is not normally a show I watch, I hope some fans would be able give me more info so I'll be sure to tape this.

:: My baby's 15 seconds of fame ... :::

Yes, Sharon has a new talk show. I think it will debut in the Fall. Can't even remember which network.

I'm SOOOO much help.

No -- actually that's good.

With a teenager, I have to suspect I've only got part of the info. So I'm a little bit closer to figuring this thing out.

1. There is actually a Sharon Osbourne Talk Show in the works
    2. It appears in the fall

Okay, we got that verified....

John, I know you will post here as soon as the press releases hit the street .. and I'll watch for them.

shamelessly bumping this thread, as it's almost time for this show to start --

Any word on when Sharon! will air? I saw a promo on AOL the other day for the show, but did not give any details about air dates ...

My wife saw a commercial on TV for it.

It's in syndication, but has been picked up nationally by WGN Chicago (which is on most cable stations).

Sharon has no appetite for Jenny's leftovers

August 7, 2003

BY BILL ZWECKER SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST Advertisement

Jenny Jones' mindless, now-defunct talk show unfortunately is still having an impact on the world of syndicated television. Namely, on Sharon Osbourne's upcoming chatfest.

The hiring of a half-dozen producers and other staffers from Jones' canceled Chicago-based talk show reportedly has given Osbourne fits. Fox online gossip guru Roger Friedman even says the co-star of "The Osbournes" MTV phenomenon has balked at taping a number of episodes for the show--slated to launch in syndication in September. The show will air on WGN-Channel 9.

On the other side of the coin, Osbourne's own diva-esque behavior is adding to tensions on the set--mainly over her veto power regarding celebrity guests. Apparently Sting and his wife, Trudie Styler, are big "no-no's." Ditto for controversial actress and rocker Courtney Love, who one staffer tells this column is considered "way too trashy, even by Sharon's standards."

That same staffer reiterated a tidbit revealed by Friedman in his online column this week. "People around here are still laughing about the fact Sharon had no clue who Wynonna Judd is."

Yet, Osbourne is forging ahead, convinced she will succeed in the world of talk--an arena littered with the corpses of shows once fronted by everyone from Tempestt Bledsoe to Iyanla Vanzant to Martin Short. According to Osbourne, her unique personality will ultimately pull her through.

"I can't sing for [nothing]. I can't dance. I can't tell jokes. So it's just me. I want to make people laugh, give them a bit of information, make them cry. ... I want to entertain people," she told the TV show "Extra."
    http://www.suntimes.com/output/zwecker/cst-ftr-zp07.html

><}}}}*> ~*~ <*{{{{>< Bayou_brat's Avatar
    Just to update.... on MTV NEWS yesterday they talked about Sharon's new talk show, indeed called "SHARON" and it debuts September 15th, on the WB.

Can't wait to see it!!

**source MTV news.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin
    shamelessly bumping this thread, as it's almost time for this show to start --

Any word on when Sharon! will air? I saw a promo on AOL the other day for the show, but did not give any details about air dates ...
    Did you see your daughter in the promo?
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    Did you see your daughter in the promo?
    No ... if I had, I would have been trying to make the smilies scream!

It was just one of those AOL crappy, E-tainment things. Just sharon and ozzie...

+ Reply to Thread