+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sharon Osbourne Discusses Son's Addiction

Sharon Osbourne Discusses Son's Addiction

Sharon Osbourne Discusses Son's Addiction

Thu Jun 26, 2:02 PM ET
    By The Associated Press

NEW YORK - Sharon Osbourne said she blamed herself for her son's alcohol and marijuana abuse.

Jack Osbourne, the 17-year-old son of Sharon and heavy metal rocker Ozzy Osbourne, returned home after two months in rehab on June 18. He entered a Pasadena, Calif., hospital on April 23, saying he "got carried away with drugs and alcohol."

"The first thing I did was put blame on myself and in a way I always will," Sharon Osbourne, 50, told Us Weekly magazine for its July 14 issue. "It's a natural reaction of a mother to think, 'What could I have done differently? What could I have done wrong?' I thought I was a cutting-edge mom, and I didn't even know what was happening."

She also told the magazine that her colon cancer, diagnosed last July, is in remission.

"Oh, I'm fine. I'm an old battle-ax," she said. "I still have to go to checkups, but I am fine."

The family, which is the subject of the MTV reality series "The Osbournes," also includes daughters Kelly and Aimee.

Ozzy and Sharon are very loving parents, but I don't really think they have done the best job of shielding the kids from drugs and alcohol. Seems like they've given the kids the impression that they are ok "in moderation". They aren't old enough for alcohol so their drinking shouldn't be tolerated at all. And it goes without saying there shouldn't be any tolerance for illegal drugs.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

yeah, Jack and Kelly always go out to bars, but there underage for drinking. of course, if any waiter at a bar saw Jack Osbourne, Ozzys son, they would probably give him a beer on the house. (Although I dont aprove of this...)
    "I like children - fried."
    W.C. Fields.

!~*Beckster*~!

Discussion of Jack's rehab visit

How many celebrities have the same problems with their children??? Probably many, but their lifestyles are not in the limelight. Actually, Ozzy is a very good parent, probably too good. During the adolescent years of his children, he was on the road creating the life they are able to live.

+ Reply to Thread